• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there any legitimacy to the talk of Amazon pre-orders going up sometime before the 17th, or was that date just pulled out of someone's ass? I have the character pages open everyday, just waiting for something to happen... it never does.

RootCause

So is there any legitimacy to the talk of Amazon pre-orders going up sometime before the 17th, or was that date just pulled out of someone's ass? I have the character pages open everyday, just waiting for something to happen... it never does.
Just what another rep said. Can't hurt to check it out on that day.

LegendX48

likely a date pulled from a behind seeing how the whole Esteban thing played out

Chairhome

Never got my Target confirmation email from Target.com on my Jigglypuff order from a few weeks back, just spent 2 minutes with them in chat and they were able to confirm. YAY. Now to try to get a greninja...

Mob

Anyone have any experience with Forward2Me? I really want a lot of those Wave "6" amiibo, and don't want to miss out like I missed out on Ness (who I still really want).

Nintendo UK store have been cancelling a lot of forwarded orders lately, just FYI.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Slightly off topic, but Destructoid just got their Mewtwo DLC codes today.
That's a good sign we may see Mewtwo tossed into Wave 5.
EDIT: I guess the codes are going out to players as well. Anyone get theirs?

weevles

Apparently at least one person was able to preorder the moment Target put up the placeholders, but it was probably a fluke/one off.

Joei

Apparently at least one person was able to preorder the moment Target put up the placeholders, but it was probably a fluke/one off.

I was just going to post this. Target only got enough to fulfill one persons preorders. He ordered 2 nights ago around 120 AM est.

kirby_fox

Banned
Ike, Meta Knight and Marth - March 2015 Production Runs Confirmed for NA

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/32ldni/new_cpsias_for_ike_marth_meta_knight_and_some/

This makes me think the ones used in multiple games will be more common or get multiple runs as they sell out. Not to say that these won't sell out anyway.

Rosalina has GOT to be next then, considering she works in Mario Party and all the promo stuff they put in Target after being sold out. Unless Target was all "Lol yeah we don't want any more" and Best Buy was all "Yeah, more Meta Knight would be nice. As many as you can give us."

Which bodes poorly for Lucario since he doesn't work in another game.

This makes me think the ones used in multiple games will be more common or get multiple runs as they sell out. Not to say that these won't sell out anyway.

Rosalina has GOT to be next then, considering she works in Mario Party and all the promo stuff they put in Target after being sold out. Unless Target was all "Lol yeah we don't want any more" and Best Buy was all "Yeah, more Meta Knight would be nice. As many as you can give us."

Which bodes poorly for Lucario since he doesn't work in another game.

Rosalina will come back as a SMB series amiibo, the SSB one will never be produced again. I am sure SSB Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi won't be reproduced either, and their SMB series ones will take over.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
So with Meta Knight getting a reprint...will he still be exclusive to Best Buy?

Almost surely. He brought them a ton of business. In fact, it's increasingly my theory that the reason for no online pre-orders from target is their old mentality of getting people into the store to spend more than they otherwise would have, though that's entirely speculation from working there a long time ago.

Almost surely. He brought them a ton of business. In fact, it's increasingly my theory that the reason for no online pre-orders from target is their old mentality of getting people into the store to spend more than they otherwise would have, though that's entirely speculation from working there a long time ago.

That mentality was precisely why GameStop did the Web in Store pre-orders and held off on online pre-orders. It was in their internal memos to get those amiibo fans in store to buy more things. Good thing since it would have been even more of a disaster with many more cancellations if they let both loose at the same time.

In the end they crashed their entire store networks nationwide and anyone who came in to buy something other than amiibo ended up leaving due to the network issues.

So it actually caused them to loose in store traffic revenue. Hahahahaha

Even more odd since they decided to not stock many of the last wave in stores anywhere and just sell them online. Target I mean.

kirby_fox

Banned
Rosalina will come back as a SMB series amiibo, the SSB one will never be produced again. I am sure SSB Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi won't be reproduced either, and their SMB series ones will take over.

Initially thought the same thing, but then questioned it. Why would they create a new line with only Wario, Rosie and DK for the SMB line? The 6 they made are the focus of SMB, and Wario is releasing next month in Smash form. If they were going to release 3 new ones for the SMB line, they would do it when Dark Pit & Palutena were launching since it's only those 2.

Seems way too close to Wario's Smash model launching, unless they are going to launch multiple SKUs of Wario at the same time or do a short run on Wario to get it sold out.

Would make more sense that reprints are coming, but like I said- Target may not have tried to get more Rosalina in and Best Buy did with MK.

crimnos

Initially thought the same thing, but then questioned it. Why would they create a new line with only Wario, Rosie and DK for the SMB line? The 6 they made are the focus of SMB, and Wario is releasing next month in Smash form. If they were going to release 3 new ones for the SMB line, they would do it when Dark Pit & Palutena were launching since it's only those 2.

Seems way too close to Wario's Smash model launching, unless they are going to launch multiple SKUs of Wario at the same time or do a short run on Wario to get it sold out.

Would make more sense that reprints are coming, but like I said- Target may not have tried to get more Rosalina in and Best Buy did with MK.

Well, they did release two Bowsers in pretty quick succession (I think the theoretical timing would be the same for the two?), so I wouldn't take the release of Smash Wario as an indication of no SMB Wario.

kirby_fox

Banned
Well, they did release two Bowsers in pretty quick succession (I think the theoretical timing would be the same for the two?), so I wouldn't take the release of Smash Wario as an indication of no SMB Wario.

More questioning if they believe Wario would have enough demand on the market for 2 SKUs at the same time in short timing rather than them doing 2 SKUs.

At least the difference here would be Warioware Wario and classic yellow Wario, so it's not like the models would be incredibly similar.

Also people need to remember it is the SUPER MARIO SERIES, not the MARIO PARTY SERIES.

So they could easily do the characters in MP10 and add some that will be used for Mario Maker or any other Mario game that is coming up.

Also yeah, that is 2 Bowsers in less than 2 months.

So I received a care package from my friend in Europe and now, I finally have my WFT and Marth. Pardon the candies and treats in this pic.

1b7a22ae7e036cf2cb03a0e967a6ad3f_zpsmkgltcru.jpg

Upon inspecting Marth, his face is actually like on the packaging art, which amused me as I know in the beginning, people were paranoid about his face.

So I received a care package from my friend in Europe and now, I finally have my WFT and Marth. Pardon the candies and treats in this pic.

1b7a22ae7e036cf2cb03a0e967a6ad3f_zpsmkgltcru.jpg

Upon inspecting Marth, his face is actually like on the packaging art, which amused me as I know in the beginning, people were paranoid about his face.

That is one damn nice care package! ++++ to your friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom