• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

Oh man, I'm still missing all three of those...Marth, Ike, and Meta Knight will be mine, at all costs!*

*...and by that I mean $12.99 each.

So I received a care package from my friend in Europe and now, I finally have my WFT and Marth. Pardon the candies and treats in this pic.

1b7a22ae7e036cf2cb03a0e967a6ad3f_zpsmkgltcru.jpg

Upon inspecting Marth, his face is actually like on the packaging art, which amused me as I know in the beginning, people were paranoid about his face.

You could have easily just took a picture of the Amiibos, I am offended the rest was included.

Ahh yes! Hopefully this is every single TRU

Says 4/27 In-Store Only Presales for Greninja and Pac-MAN.
Do not pre-sell more than available stock. 10-20 for each figure is expected.
On 4/28 pre-sales will be changed to $999.99 to prevent additional pre-sales from being sold.
2 Hours before opening: Create a sign that states line begins here.
15 minutes prior to opening: hand out tickets. ONE OF EACH CHARACTER, TWO TOTAL PRE-SALES MAX.
After store closing: discard any remaining pre-sale cards.

That is one damn nice care package! ++++ to your friend!

Indeed and I've told her how awesome she is for getting me them.

You could have easily just took a picture of the Amiibos, I am offended the rest was included.

Heh, originally I was going to take a photo of just the amiibo, but I got lazy and took a pic of everything she sent me. Thus, a pic of all the candies as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why are they making Pac-Man sound so rare? I would imagine being a rather popular character with the general public, he'd be decently common, uncommon at the most.

weevles

Why are they making Pac-Man sound so rare? I would imagine being a rather popular character with the general public, he'd be decently common, uncommon at the most.

I was wondering that too. I can only guess they are making that assumption due to the metrics they took of the online preorder sales, or the inventory allotment they got from Nintendo for that character?

I can't imagine Pacman being any different from Sonic though.

//ARCANUM

Just so you know all retail workers aren't idiots.

i know that, I worked retail for 12 years. There are plenty of great people in retail. But there are plenty of idiots too. That's why I go in to any situation like this armed with as much knowledge as possible and I assume the worst. Then, if the employees are well informed and doing a good job, it's a pleasant surprise. If they're not on the ball, then I'm prepared.

Piscus

i know that, I worked retail for 12 years. There are plenty of great people in retail. But there are plenty of idiots too. That's why I go in to any situation like this armed with as much knowledge as possible and I assume the worst. Then, if the employees are well informed and doing a good job, it's a pleasant surprise. If they're not on the ball, then I'm prepared.

This isn't limited to amiibo, either. Sucks that this is the world we live in...

Josh5890

Ok. I've been in retail for 7 1/2 years so I took a little offense to it. Personally I sympothize with all of the retail workers. I'm sure they are exhausted with all of the phone calls and visits from people every day asking if there are more in the back, ect. Most of them don't get paid well but it is nice to see good employees care about their job. But I'm sure there are good employees who wish that amiibos never existed.

I would think 8am should be sufficient. 2 hours is already a LONG time to stand outside to pay $13 (or $23 if you also get PacMan)

I wouldn't bet on it. I've talked to a few people in my area that are showing up at 4am, and I expect them to not be the first people in line.

Joei

Pacman and Wario will probably be the more produced ones since those are well known characters from mainstream series. I still think they'll be hard initially, like MegaMan and Sonic were, but once shipments start coming in, you'll see more Pacman. I think Charizard will be pretty common, as well. Absolutely no chance of seeing Robin or Lucina on the shelves, nor will you see store exclusives.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Our amiibo future look like it's going to be very bleak for all of us together. It would become hard and harder for us to able to combating against everyone over the world just for filthily figurines that we would be so proud of ourselves getting one, when people would laughing at us behind our backs.

//ARCANUM

Ok. I've been in retail for 7 1/2 years so I took a little offense to it. Personally I sympothize with all of the retail workers. I'm sure they are exhausted with all of the phone calls and visits from people every day asking if there are more in the back, ect. Most of them don't get paid well but it is nice to see good employees care about their job. But I'm sure there are good employees who wish that amiibos never existed.

no offense was intended at good retailer workers. i'm speaking about the ones (and we all know who they are) that don't know what they're doing, don't stay informed on new product, are just there for the paycheck and don't care about helping out customers or being of service. in my over a decade of retail work, I encountered these people constantly and they drove me crazy as a worker, because I knew how simple it is to just *try* a little bit to do a good job and help people out. sorry I'm getting way off topic here, just one of my pet peeves. Anything less than exceptional customer service is pretty unacceptable to me lol. (again after I gave exceptional customer service for over a decade)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Mario Kart 8 costume (along with Sonic & Mega Man) is awesome. But I want Pac-Man because I want all the 3rd party characters and one I want for both display & gameplay purposes.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I actually managed to preorder the pink Yarn Yoshi from Zavvi this afternoon. I would have preferred blue or green but I'll take any preorder to avoid the headache in the fall.

No US pre-orders for the Splatoon Trio or Yarn Yoshi's yet, huh? I'm also not too sure if I should pre-order Ganondorf when the time comes; If he's anything like Zelda, he shouldn't be too rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom