• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Did I miss Greninja preorders off play-asia? :( I was traveling the past couple of days and didn't have a chance to really read this page as much. Anywhere else that may start accepting preorders for Greninja (That will ship to US)?

Sillution

Has anyone received new information about their PygeHD orders? Mine still hasn't shipped and apparently their contact us on their website does not work.

You can buy these on the Nintendo site in the UK?

No words...fuck this shit.

Not only that, they don't limit it to 1 per person (which is dumb but...)
AND it lasted for like 25 minutes. There have been reports that people bought 5+ each so imagine if it was 1 per person, it would have lasted maybe an hour at least compared to the 5 minutes it lasts here (in the US) at 1 per person.

LiK

Has anyone received new information about their PygeHD orders? Mine still hasn't shipped and apparently their contact us on their website does not work.

was that the site some Gaffer kept hawking here? I thought it was shady as shit since so many links were broken. no offense if it's legit but I don't trust broken online store sites like that.

rjinaz

Well which are we talking about. Wave 4 would be preorders at this point. If you are talking about wave 3, last I saw he said something about the 15th which is today. You have 180 days to file a Paypal dispute. I'd give it at least another week personally.

Sillution

was that the site some Gaffer kept hawking here? I thought it was shady as shit since so many links were broken. no offense if it's legit but I don't trust broken online store sites like that.

Usually I never ever use any sites like these but the poster was on here so figured I would give it a shot...

Sillution

Well which are we talking about. Wave 4 would be preorders at this point. If you are talking about wave 3, last I saw he said something about the 15th which is today. You have 180 days to file a Paypal dispute. I'd give it at least another week personally.

It was for a Marth and Villager. The poster here said they had them in stock, was able to order them no problem thru the website...

rjinaz

It was for a Marth and Villager. The poster here said they had them in stock, was able to order them no problem thru the website...

Ah. Guess it depends when you ordered them and how patient you are in waiting. Usually I set a date, how long I am realistically willing to wait before I decide it's time to give up. If it's been something like 3 weeks and they were supposedly in stock, I'd probably dispute it.

rjinaz

hope he comes back and explains what's going on.

Considering he is banned, I doubt it.

Also they sent out tweets explaining that they haen't received the shipments on April 11th. They are blaming this on NAL:
https://twitter.com/PygeHD/with_replies

The fact that they say the are unable to ship out many of their amiibo but in the same breath say but hey we have Fox in now, looks troublesome. I think if it were me personally, I'd cancel.

Vidiot

Seems greninja leveled off to about $50-$60 on ebay. I bet by release they'll be so many on there you'll be able to get him for around $30. I'm just gonna do that. I work on the 27th and I'm not gonna waste a personal day or lose out on an entire days pay to maybe get a preorder in. If I was gonna do that I might as well pay scalper prices. It's still cheaper than losing a days pay. Fucking Nintendo.

TheGrue

Ever since this got moved to Community, I keep forgetting to come in here and check. Sounds like things are still pretty quiet.

Seems greninja leveled off to about $50-$60 on ebay. I bet by release they'll be so many on there you'll be able to get him for around $30. I'm just gonna do that. I work on the 27th and I'm not gonna waste a personal day or lose out on an entire days pay to maybe get a preorder in. If I was gonna do that I might as well pay scalper prices. It's still cheaper than losing a days pay. Fucking Nintendo.

Pretty much where I'm at too. If I can go out of my way without too much sacrifice, I will, but there's only so much I can do anymore.

Fox Mulder

Not only that, they don't limit it to 1 per person (which is dumb but...)
AND it lasted for like 25 minutes. There have been reports that people bought 5+ each so imagine if it was 1 per person, it would have lasted maybe an hour at least compared to the 5 minutes it lasts here (in the US) at 1 per person.

NoA is amazing.

Considering he is banned, I doubt it.

Also they sent out tweets explaining that they haen't received the shipments on April 11th. They are blaming this on NAL:
https://twitter.com/PygeHD/with_replies

The fact that they say the are unable to ship out many of their amiibo but in the same breath say but hey we have Fox in now, looks troublesome. I think if it were me personally, I'd cancel.
I'm a little annoyed with him regarding the lack of communication and what appears to be some dishonesty. The dishonesty part could be cleared up with some communication.

We ordered some rare Amiibo like Villager and Marth. I wanted to know if he had physical 1 to 1 stock with his sites inventory, so I could rest easy and stop my mad hunt for them. PM'ed him on GAF and asked, and he said they had them "in stock".

A few days later I read this tweet:
https://twitter.com/PygeHD/status/587035340851937280
"We are having a bit of trouble shipping these amiibos" including Villager and Marth... which indicates to me that he oversold his stock, or never had stock in the first place. Opposite of what he told me on GAF so it appears he was lying to me. Again, some communication could possibly clear this all up...

He has been banned from GAF so I can't contact him here. His site lists no email address or phone number. His Skype appears to be off as I receive an instant failed call at all different hours of the day, both my time and AEST.

All said and done, I'd still really like the Amiibo I ordered and would like to believe he will make good. Some simple communication would clear all of this up. Without that communication I am not sure how much longer I let this go before I cancel the payments.

Godiego

Neo Member
First post!!

It was a nice surprise to find out that yesterday my account was finally approved, and it's all thanks to this thread that I finally decided to sign up for a gaf account. Without this thread I wouldn't have got my Ness, Pac Man, Lucina and Robin preorders from amazon Japan, though I missed the Splatoon 3 pack preorders, and currently I have a Bowser, Mega Man and WFT amiibo.

So thank you guys for letting me join your suffering xD

MADGAME

First post!!

It was a nice surprise to find out that yesterday my account was finally approved, and it's all thanks to this thread that I finally decided to sign up for a gaf account. Without this thread I wouldn't have got my Ness, Pac Man, Lucina and Robin preorders from amazon Japan, though I missed the Splatoon 3 pack preorders, and currently I have a Bowser, Mega Man and WFT amiibo.

So thank you guys for letting me join your suffering xD

Welcome to GAF and the Amiibo community!

Mob

Trust me, it is the 3-Pack, that is how my alert set it off.

I don't have it setup for the Splatoon game. Also games aren't that cheap in EU.

That's interesting as the 3 pack wasn't supposed to be getting an EU release.

35 Euro is about right for a Wii U game though.
It would be cheap for a PS4 or Xbone game but it's pretty much spot on for a Wii U game.

-Horizon-

you're cray.

all 3 figures look really great. love the paint splash on their bases too

You are not alone!

Ditto. I have no emotional attachment to Splatoon. Whereas I do have some attachment to everyone in Smash.

The only one I want is the girl inkling and I already have that on preorder.

The only reason I would ever want the 3 pack is because of the costumes and stuff they unlock in the game but...nah still don't want the rest.

RootCause

So which Ruy would you guys prefer?
I like both characters, but I'd have to go with SF Ryu. I'm not a fan of sword characters in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom