• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzo

No US pre-orders for the Splatoon Trio or Yarn Yoshi's yet, huh? I'm also not too sure if I should pre-order Ganondorf when the time comes; If he's anything like Zelda, he shouldn't be too rare.

In the US, the Splatoon 3 pack was available from Gamestop the entire day of the outage fiasco and possibly the next. I got one way late that day.

I know it also came up for preorder at Best Buy.

CorvoSol

So my EngTaoBao preorder of Ness got cancelled. Claims I should be getting my full refund in 5-8 business days. So back to the Ness hunt I go. Yes Asia had better shipping than Play Asia, yeah? Cuz I don't wanna do Play Asia anymore if I can avoid it because they fuck you over on shipping.

//ARCANUM

Decided I should finally show off my Amiibo collection (thus far). It's nothing special, but I love these little guys. This is also not their final home. I'm in the process of moving so I've just got them sitting on top of a book shelf for the moment.

ngMh9aY.jpg

At this point do you really want to take any chances?

It's pretty sad that it's come to this, but you're probably right. It's just such a hassle that these things pop up at the most inconvenient time. While I have constant access to the internet at work, I'm usually doing work so I miss out. The fact that they're starting to restock more of these guys gives me hope for the future, but not much.

Mzo said:
In the US, the Splatoon 3 pack was available from Gamestop the entire day of the outage fiasco and possibly the next. I got one way late that day.

I know it also came up for preorder at Best Buy.

I have an alert set on Amazon for both of these guys, so I really hope I don't miss out when they pop up.

//ARCANUM

I've noticed Peach (SSB edition) has been disappearing from stores and from online retailers... price on amazon and eBay is going up slightly too. I'm assuming she's going out of print and they'll just stick with the Mario Party edition of her. Just grabbed one off Target.com for $9.99 (free shipping with red card too!) just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone doesn't have her that she might be going bye bye...

I've noticed Peach (SSB edition) has been disappearing from stores and from online retailers... price on amazon and eBay is going up slightly too. I'm assuming she's going out of print and they'll just stick with the Mario Party edition of her. Just grabbed one off Target.com for $9.99 (free shipping with red card too!) just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone doesn't have her that she might be going bye bye...

I've noticed that happening too. What's his name from the last thread will be happy if he ever did go buy all those rare Peaches and Zeldas to scalp.

Mzo

Do they sell the Mario Party Mario Amiibo outside of Mario Party 10? I saw all the others for sale at Best Buy, they seem to be pretty common.

I only bought Toad since he's the only unique feature, but I'm tempted by the GC discount.

//ARCANUM

Do they sell the Mario Party Mario Amiibo outside of Mario Party 10? I saw all the others for sale at Best Buy, they seem to be pretty common.

I only bought Toad since he's the only unique feature, but I'm tempted by the GC discount.

Yeah he came out recently. He's common you should be able to find him pretty easily.

Gwarf

Banned
My first Post!

I have enjoyed just lurking Gaf for several years. This thread though! I couldn't resist. So I applied for an account about two months ago and have waited so patiently to become a junior. I am hopeful for some trades when the dust from this wave settles. I still don't have a Ness or Jiggly Pre-order but I did nab Lucina and Robn from that crazy 2AM Toys R US fiasco. THANK YOU FOR FINDING THAT GUYS!

Oh, and I made a silly gif for my first post!

tGQJLXo.png

//ARCANUM

My first Post!

I have enjoyed just lurking Gaf for several years. This thread though! I couldn't resist. So I applied for an account about two months ago and have waited so patiently to become a junior. I am hopeful for some trades when the dust from this wave settles. I still don't have a Ness or Jiggly Pre-order but I did nab Lucina and Robn from that crazy 2AM Toys R US fiasco. THANK YOU FOR FINDING THAT GUYS!

tGQJLXo.png

welcome to gaf!

Renewed

My first Post!

tGQJLXo.png

Welcome to our hell!

Gwarf

Banned
Oops! I just realized I once again used Amiibos instead of amiibo. In defense, I made that image about a month ago trying to stay up.

xCktHnE.png

DooD1234

I haven't check in a while but jigglypuff and greninja haven't went up for preorder ever again did they? How import preorder looking since many European amazon seems like they don't want to ship amiibos to USA anymore either. I kind of burned out on these but I'm still in it for the whole Smash set.

Edit: I think that picture above me answer my question lol.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Oh boy so my external hard drive prong won't connect to my Wii U any more so I just lost most my Amiibo data and my save data if I don't fix it, also the Mewtwo DLC will be annoying to download without. (BTW I 100%ed all the challenges, so there is no way in hell I'm giving up that easily).

Oh boy so my external hard drive prong won't connect to my Wii U any more so I just lost most my Amiibo data and my save data if I don't fix it, also the Mewtwo DLC will be annoying to download without. (BTW I 100%ed all the challenges, so there is no way in hell I'm giving up that easily).

Isn't most of the amiibo data store on the amiibo itself? And I'm pretty sure any console-side to the data is always stored on the system itself, not the HDD.

Anyway though, this is why I wish Nintendo would let you easily make back ups of your save files. Oh, and also not force your save files and install data to be on the same device. :| Nintendo is so backwards when it comes to so many things, but Jesus their handling of save data is just straight up bizarre.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Isn't most of the amiibo data store on the amiibo itself? And I'm pretty sure any console-side to the data is always stored on the system itself, not the HDD.

Oh good, I forgot about that for the Amiibo that's good. If it is I haven't been able to restore it yet, it just loaded the game without any of my unlocked characters or challenges so I'm a little stressed from that, especially since the DLC is literally coming out today.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My first Post!

tGQJLXo.png

vPesMQs.gif

Welcome to the madness! I am your host, Diggeh. We wait all night for they new amiibo, but there is only salt. Don't forget to read Best OT (first post) for all the information you could ever need in a beautiful package!

I also make silly songs.

Getting saltier each hour
Preorders still aren't live
What keeps us all refreshing
The scalpers keep on winning

(Cry)

We're in too deep to begin getting sleep
Though prices are steep we must take the leap

They're up all night to scalp tons
I'm up all night to get one
They're up all night for big bucks
I'm up all night to get salty

Stay up all night to get none
Want this wave, then I'm so done
Nintendo, this isn't fun
We're up all night to get salty

I just awoke from a dream where stores had a special edition black-dressed Rosalina Super Mario series amiibo. I was able to walk into the stores and buy her along with any amiibo I wanted because there were plenty on hand.

Waking up sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Capcom secretly starting a Street Fighter line up of amiibo with Ryu.

.......& then Cammy will be rare with Zero Suit Samus.

MADGAME

Posted on Reddit, someone claiming to have decrypted the lates Smash Update and found DLC characters/stages

Ok, so I just got the latest update decrypted, and I think I have some news which might be rather interesting.
First things first, new sounds. In /romfs/sound/bgm we have a slew of new sounds (and some old ones from prior updates since each update overwrites the other). The list is:
snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank
Now obviously the biggest sticklers are Ryu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas. Not sure who Ryu is (although if anyone does know, please tell),. However, Roy most intrigued me. Did they update the koopa kid's sound for some reason? Or is there more?
So I converted the 4 sounds which most stuck out to me:
snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS
snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS
snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS
snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS
Most of these are victory screens, all but the first Ryu sound file which seems to be a new stage. Now here's the kicker: Roy's victory theme is the Fire Emblem victory theme.
Yes, we're getting Roy back guys!
I'll continue exploring around if I can, it's a bit late here unfortunately and I might not be back for a while though.
EDIT: I just looked into it, apparently Ryu is from Street Fighter
EDIT 2: Went ahead and ran a file listing on every updated file (although, granted, this also includes every update from before 1.06), txt file is here. Nothing too special, wouldn't run to any conclusions from just a file list.
EDIT 3: Just to clarify, this is from a 3DS decryption, not Wii U. No idea what's in the Wii U files, and I don't have a Wii U to verify that.
EDIT 4: As some people pointed out, these could also be scrap files, no guarantees on anything yet. Really interesting though.
Edit 5: RIP Dropbox links. Might have to find another place to throw them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/

Neo Dark

We don't even have a Mewtwo amiibo confirmed and we're already jumping for a character that we aren't even sure if is happening or not... Have we really reached that point?

Oh and I just realized Nintendo could make good profit selling their own brand of energy drinks especially with how they love keeping us up at night

Pompadour

We don't even have a Mewtwo amiibo confirmed and we're already jumping for a character that we aren't even sure if is happening or not... Have we really reached that point?

Oh and I just realized Nintendo could make good profit selling their own brand of energy drinks especially with how they love keeping us up at night

Mewtwo and Lucas amiibo are confirmed. They said so in the last Direct.

Crom

Oops! I just realized I once again used Amiibos instead of amiibo. In defense, I made that image about a month ago trying to stay up.

xCktHnE.png

That can be forgiven. The lack of the word "they" is a serious offense though (as in "they new amiibo")

I guess nobody from the UK wants a jiggs or Greninja haha
kidding of course

I'm so jealous of the UK.. I still can add to my cart :(

OIhaotg.png

Can't even use a forwarding service, so lame.

They didn't even have a purchase limit, people are posting buying 5+ of each. Nintendo you fucking idiots!

bumpkin

I don't know about anyone else, but how wave 4 preorders were handled (here in the US) pretty much took all of the wind out of my sails. I was only able to get a Ness and a Pac-man locked down, even though I was planning to get them all. I have no idea if I'll be able to get a Greninja preordered when they offer them in-store on the 27th because of my work schedule, and unless the Jigglypuff situation plays out like Rosalina did (only 4-6 people in line an hour before Target opened), I'm not very confident I'll be able to get 'im either.

Given their likely rarity despite not being retailer exclusive, I've pretty much abandoned all hopes of getting Robin or Lucina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom