• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, with my Fry's pre-order for Robin I now finally have all of Wave 4 pre-ordered, which also means I have every single Smash amiibo either on my shelf or pre-ordered except for Meta Knight. Now I just gotta be diligent as fuck when the restock comes.

Velcro Fly

Just realized that I'm probably not going to be able to take May 29th off work. Pretty sure that is going to be the second day of final exams so I have to be there :(

Guess it's eBay for Ness and Jigglypuff :(

Josh5890

Just realized that I'm probably not going to be able to take May 29th off work. Pretty sure that is going to be the second day of final exams so I have to be there :(

Guess it's eBay for Ness and Jigglypuff :(

If it was the 22nd I wouldn't be able to take off because that is Memorial Day weekend but I'm lucking out with this date. Now I'm trying to figure out if 6 am is a safe time to line up at Target.

Currently also contemplating about slowing down my amiibo buying habits a bit. Do I really need the Splatoon set? But the squid looks cool... And when I buy the squid I need them all. *sigh*

But then you have highlights like receiving my Gold Mario from based Crom today that make it all worth it, lol.

Jawmuncher

Still holding out hope that once the smash line is done we'll be fine sans DLC characters of course. Since I really only see Smash getting this much attention from attention from both collectors and scalpers. Since this is really the only time we'll see a lot of these characters get something in any collectible form.

Josh5890

Still holding out hope that once the smash line is done we'll be fine sans DLC characters of course. Since I really only see Smash getting this much attention from attention from both collectors and scalpers. Since this is really the only time we'll see a lot of these characters get something in any collectible form.

I think after this Nintendo is going to be more conservative with amiibss. Having fifty different sku's for one game has proved to be a daunting task for the supplier and consumer. It already seems evident since Mario Party has 7, and Splatoon and Yoshi has three amiibos coming. I would imagine that most of the games will have around 4-7 amiibos per game. After all, I can't see Nintendo bringing out more than ten for Star Fox and Zelda.

chidrock

I think after this Nintendo is going to be more conservative with amiibss. Having fifty different sku's for one game has proved to be a daunting task for the supplier and consumer. It already seems evident since Mario Party has 7, and Splatoon and Yoshi has three amiibos coming. I would imagine that most of the games will have around 4-7 amiibos per game. After all, I can't see Nintendo bringing out more than ten for Star Fox and Zelda.

My take on it is that the real problem was that nintendo had to pump them out so fast. We've done over half of the roster in like 6 months - why not space it out a little longer and make it last? Yeah, the wait would be annoying, but maybe they could've had better stock if they did it that way. I would've been fine collecting them over a 2 year span if it meant less of a headache.

Josh5890

My take on it is that the real problem was that nintendo had to pump them out so fast. We've done over half of the roster in like 6 months - why not space it out a little longer and make it last? Yeah, the wait would be annoying, but maybe they could've had better stock if they did it that way. I would've been fine collecting them over a 2 year span if it meant less of a headache.

Yea but part of the problem with that would be if they prolong the releases and spread them over a two year span the general public might lose interest.

Than again smash amiibos are going to be released in 2016, especially if DLC characters are coming down the road. Who knows that they are thinking in Kyoto.

kirby_fox

Banned
I know i'll be back to normal once Smash is done.
Unless they make some crazy line for like SMT x FE or something which I kind of doubt.

Smash amiibo will never be done. That's why there's DLC. They want to keep Smash fans buying these amiibo. Which I'd be OK w/ if I could just walk into a store and buy them.

I honestly think I've burnt out a bit. Even when I was saying I wouldn't buy anymore, I found a way back in. And then when I was super angry at how GameStop treated their preorders, I was ready to walk out. Even with a Jigglypuff ordered, I just have stopped caring.

I'd like to finish this Smash line, but the supply has made me disinterested.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I think it is close to impossible to fully complete the smash line. Some there is no way I can rationalize spending 100+ dollars on a Villager ever! So I'll just stick to the ones I like I guess.

ExVicis

I think it is close to impossible to fully complete the smash line. Some there is no way I can rationalize spending 100+ dollars on a Villager ever! So I'll just stick to the ones I like I guess.
That's what I would like but even that is hard. I really want Meta-Knight but not at exorbitant prices.

Shun

For those who missed out on Frys. It's okay.

MPJwFhg.jpg

Crom

Currently also contemplating about slowing down my amiibo buying habits a bit. Do I really need the Splatoon set? But the squid looks cool... And when I buy the squid I need them all. *sigh*

But then you have highlights like receiving my Gold Mario from based Crom today that make it all worth it, lol.

Awesome! Glad it arrived! It always worries me shipping overseas. Good news.

Let me know if you still need that Splatoon 3 pack. Have an extra on order for you. Can always trade with someone else if you don't end up needing it. ( I still need Ness Jigglypuff and Greninja)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom