• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joei

If anyone still needs Toad, it looks like they have him up at www.nfm.com

If anyone is unfamiliar with the place, it is legit. From my understanding, it's a Best Buy'ish kind of store in the mid-west, and I've ordered multiple Amiibo from them. Only issue is they put them in a box and they kind of move freely in there. I didn't have any problems in terms of package condition however.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
15 minutes until the next rumored amazon wave 4 pre-order window comes and goes..

EtCfxWZ.gif

rjinaz

Alright going to bed. I'm pretty confident Amazon won't post these in the middle of the night. Famous last words I know, but unlike Shulk, I'm really not feeling it.

zulux21

Those are the only two I'm after. Has Amazon put up any product at 12/3am before?
I don't know about amiibos but some video games have gone up at that time in the past, which if they run anything like the lightning deals for the day (which go up at that time every day) they can be delayed close to an hour depending on how amazon is feeling so even if they planned to put it up at midnight their time it could be 30-60 minutes after that. (it's how the white vita bundle back in 2012 or 2013 was it was nearly an hour late and I thought I missed it despite sitting there refreshing the whole time lol)

I'm am not expecting them to go live on the 17th at all though.

skaflone721

Neo Member
I would have believed this had Amazon reps not practically said the same exact thing for several dates before this and none of them panned out.

I'm guessing that they have some internal check that happens on those days and reps seem to think it's when it will go live. I understand 17 was mentioned a few times but so was the 14th but nothing happened.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Heads up: Redditors claim that at least (though likely not only) one TRU store put out their pre-order cards at close last night, for sale tomorrow. He was allegedly able to get one for Greninja and one for Pac-Man with a photo of the slips for proof, though no receipt.
Just a warning to those waiting on those in store pre-orders, you'd do well to check.
EDIT
ipdcoW9.jpg

Heads up: Redditors claim that at least (though likely not only) one TRU store put out their pre-order cards at close last night, for sale tomorrow. He was allegedly able to get one for Greninja and one for Pac-Man with a photo of the slips for proof, though no receipt.
Just a warning to those waiting on those in store pre-orders, you'd do well to check.
Pics?

just chatted with a rep.

She said she's not even sure if they're getting any stock.
She couldnt give me a pre order date or time because she doesnt have one

Chindogg

Hmmm... I'm on mobile and it's letting me add to cart...

I can do the checkout process as well, I'm not going any further though since I don't want it.

I can confirm it went through.

Just bought it using Paypal.

Edit: And I just received the confirmation email. Should arrive by 4/24.

zulux21

How would Amazon get no Amiibo stock? That's kinda insane. Like, how could that even happen?

it seems unlikely given they have preorder pages up, but don't forget nintendo has royally pissed off amazon in the past and thus why amazon doesn't actually carry nintendo consoles through themselves.

With the consoles I believe it was with the 3ds where the screen caused damage from the overlap, and a number had bad pixels thus there were a lot of returns and I believe nintendo wouldn't accept them as defective merchandise so amazon just stopped carrying their consoles rather than continue to take the loss.

If the amiibo packaging causes a ton of returns, and overall is causing amazon more headaches than it is worth, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility for amazon to stop getting amiibos from nintendo in general.

In this case it's most likely the rep doesn't know what they are talking about or worded things poorly and actually meant to say they don't know when they will get stock if they ever do. Which wouldn't mean they aren't expecting stock, but a standard continuation of thought of they really have no clue.

I mean we have to keep in mind that these amiibos are still more than a month away, and they will likely sell out in under 10 minutes, so it really doesn't matter to amazon to get them up quickly, as even if they wait until May 26th it won't cost them any potential sales.

zulux21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom