• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
3 of my 5 orders are sticking.

At least someone's honest. I get the feeling there's more multiple order stuff going on in this thread (just in general, not just now) than is usually said out loud.

For my part, I put in two orders. 2/2 and 2/2. One on one of my email addresses, one on the other.

Why?

Am I a "scalper"? No. Have I had the Amazon Lucina page sitting on reload for the past two weeks straight on my second monitor (not kidding, every 5 seconds for two weeks) with notification gizmos and sound effects to try and make sure I don't miss it? Yes. The situation has turned us into animals.

The fact that there are shortages for whatever reason turns me into a ravenous angry purchaser who just isn't content to buy one. Do I buy copies for the purpose of putting right on ebay? No. For the purpose of my own SECURITY? Yes.

I could potentially trade this for another one I need, like Jigglypuff or Ness. Or maybe for whatever reason an order gets cancelled arbitrarily after they realize they oversold. Two orders is security against this.

I don't quite have the nerve to go full in 5 orders, but two orders of 2 each, after all this shit and after being burned on Jigglypuff and Ness -- you better believe it. You carve out your place in the world or GET CARVED.

Good thing I was still up to find the announcement.
I decided to get the Splatoon 3-pack from Wal-Mart.
My one problem is that my work may take me away from home before I receive the delivery, but hopefully, I can redirect it to where I'm staying is it comes to that.

I honestly don't think the scalpers were prepared for WalMart to put up their pre-orders, and that's why they lasted a bit longer than usual.

-Horizon-

I ordered two orders of 1 lucina and 1 robin to make sure you'd get them. Limit said 2 anyway so we should be good.
Phew, that sounds ok then.

xD you're so cute <3

She looks to be still available, so hopefully they're not overselling and hopefully everyone else got one.
:3c

And yeah, I am amazed that they're still up. It must be some kind of record if orders don't fall through.

No, wait, Lucina is out. Only Robin is left.

zulux21

At least someone's honest. I get the feeling there's more multiple order stuff going on in this thread (just in general, not just now) than is usually said out loud.

For my part, I put in two orders. 2/2 and 2/2.

Why?

Am I a "scalper"? No. Have I had the Amazon Lucina page sitting on reload for the past two weeks straight on my second monitor (not kidding, every 5 seconds for two weeks) with notification gizmos and sound effects to try and make sure I don't miss it? Yes. The situation has turned us into animals.

The fact that there are shortages for whatever reason turns me into a ravenous angry purchaser who just isn't content to buy one. Do I buy copies for the purpose of putting right on ebay? No. For the purpose of my own SECURITY? Yes.

I could potentially trade this for another one I need, like Jigglypuff or Ness. Or maybe for whatever reason an order gets cancelled arbitrarily after they realize they oversold. Two orders is security against this.

I don't quite have the nerve to go full in 5 orders, but two orders of 2 each, after all this shit and after being burned on Jigglypuff and Ness -- you better believe it. You carve out your place in the world or GET CARVED.

It's all good to me, no justification needed. I have snagged a few extras for trade so I don't have to worry about the ones I miss. In general I don't have an issue with scalpers though. They might make it a little harder to get stuff, but the major problem is the lack of stock from nintendo. I mean they could easily open a preorder page where people have 3 days (extended to longer if the site can't handle it like club nintendo couldn't for the last two months) to buy up to 2 of each figure, and after those 3 days orders will be closed... then figure out how long it will take to make and ship them and then announce a release date for that time, with the ones they need to cover preorders as well as some extras for stores. it would be smoother for everyone and still leave plenty of them rare as plenty of people will potentially miss preorder windows by not paying attention, but at least they would have had a chance without staying up forever.

For my part, I put in two orders. 2/2 and 2/2. One on one of my email addresses, one on the other.

Well, in the interest of honesty, the only one I tried to double-up on was Lucina, just in case. The other one wasn't a dupe, but they still rejected it. Not sure why.

McBryBry

Second Lucina get. Sorry guys, but I need a back up for trade after getting screwed with Ness and Jiggly. Sucks because now it'll be VERY hard to have a back up to trade for other rares.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Man, sucks that I'm banned from Walmart.com (because my account got hacked by an employee and his manager banned me to shut me up)

Can't make any orders. It's killing me inside. Fucking hate Walmart.

Joei

Uh oh. I just got a cancellation notice.
:(

I've got my Walmart order review page up since I'm at work and can't access my email. I've refreshed it a few times and no cancellation yet. I do find it odd it has one as arriving June 5th, and the other on April 27th.

Glad I can finally close this auto-refreshing window for Lucina's Amazon Page. All that is left from this wave for me is trying to get the in-store pre-order for Greninja at Toys R Us.

Jetku

Ordered 2 of each (except pac man). Always do it so me and my buddy each get one. He placed an order 10 mins later too. We'll see if any get cancelled...

zulux21

Hope I don't get hit with the cancellation stick.

if you do, just have this reaction to it repeatedly.
c0e.gif

and with that.... I need to run or I will keep talking to you people ><;

Bii

Think I got my order for Robin/Lucina right before it was completely gone. 1:04am PT.

Order hasn't been canceled yet and I do have an email confirmation of my order.

My Splatoon 3-Pack got cancelled due to a payment processing error... I was able to order another one just now and I don't really care anyway, but now I'm worried the others I ordered will have payment errors as well. :\

zulux21

Robin is what's shocking me. I believe he has sold out first every single time, and yet he was up quite a while here...

best buy, toys r us, I think gamestop, and now this one...

it's been female marth sells out first, and then robin shortly after while the other amiibos stay in stock for a bit after that.

Neo Dark

Man... this is scaring me especially since I had to take an extra minute to make an account and make sure I didn't click the wrong stuff through checkout. Didn't know Walmart got rid of guest checkout >.>

-Horizon-

Honestly I only woke up because the Line app notification woke me up like a clap of thunder. I forgot my phone was placed so close to my head lol

CorvoSol

Shit man your luck is awful :(

Whatever happened from Toys r Us did that ever get straightened out?

No. And since TRU literally NEVER has anyone on live-chat it's impossible to contact those miserable pieces of shit about it. The paypal pending thing is still right there, but nothing from them. At this point they'd just give me a SOL anyway.

Seriously sick of this shit. Back to paying Play Asia 50 fucking dollars for a 26 dollar order, I guess.

12 fucking bucks shipping is absurd.

well, i have a bit of a problem. i had pre ordered the 3 splatoon amiibos from pygehd as a safe guard in case i couldnt get them anywhere. i was able to get them from walmart. i sent an email but if nothing comes from that, what would be the best way of getting my money back? i had paid with paypal.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
well, i have a bit of a problem. i had pre ordered the 3 splatoon amiibos from pygehd as a safe guard in case i couldnt get them anywhere. i was able to get them from walmart. i sent an email but if nothing comes from that, what would be the best way of getting my money back? i had paid with paypal.

Directly in PayPal you can make a claim for refund.
From what I've heard, it's usually resolved within a day or two depending on the merchant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom