• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I become part of this Line group to get alerts in the middle of the night? It sure would be nice to wake up in the middle of the night to get some of these...

How do I become part of this Line group to get alerts in the middle of the night? It sure would be nice to wake up in the middle of the night to get some of these...

you think so until your phone goes off like mad for old alerts and people chatting in there afterwards (this literally just happened, 5 alarms went off for nothing and it is 530am PST). it is a double edged sword ha be careful what you ask for. you also get Line advertisements that will make you wreck your car because you think amiibos went up for sale but really it is just a free sticker pack. you have to ask yourself, can i handle this?

MADGAME

ha yeah it is my PSN i dont know why i put that there. i rarely use reddit and dont like my psn
Cool just wondering if you were quoting a Redditor or if that was you.

At this point I'm pretty sure this will be the first wave that I have to buy something on eBay.
Based on previous comments, I'm guessing many here are going to have extra for trades. That might be an option before resorting to paying above retail.

ExVicis

Well that is bs, being on EST is suffering. And I'm not in the line so there was no way I was gonna get alerted. I'm upset that the only way I was gonna get those Amiibos is that for me to torture myself to 4 and a half hours of sleep. The salt is real.

Congrats though to those East Coasters who did get it though. At least you guys escaped.

Edit: Well I did get some Splatoon Amiibos I wanted just now. So it wasn't all bad.

you think so until your phone goes off like mad for old alerts and people chatting in there afterwards (this literally just happened, 5 alarms went off for nothing and it is 530am PST). it is a double edged sword ha be careful what you ask for. you also get Line advertisements that will make you wreck your car because you think amiibos went up for sale but really it is just a free sticker pack. you have to ask yourself, can i handle this?

JFC sounds awful. I think if that happens I'll eventually tune it out, like my work emails. LOL!

And I mean work emails on my personal phone. :p

Damnit all. I took early break at work and was checking gaf till 3:15 before heading back to work. I contemplated keeping my phone on me when I got back too, but things were busy at work. If only I took my break at 3:30 like I always do I woulda had Robin and Lucina no doubt. GG.

crimnos

Salt doesn't begin to describe it. Woke up at 3 AM on the offchance that the amazon rumor was real, figured by 3:30 that it was safe to go back to sleep.

Six minutes later...

Nintendo pls ;_;

Salt doesn't begin to describe it. Woke up at 3 AM on the offchance that the amazon rumor was real, figured by 3:30 that it was safe to go back to sleep.

Six minutes later...

Nintendo pls ;_;

That truly is the retailer at that point. Stock all on Nintendo, but when items go up and website functionality etc. that is all the retailer.

mariodad

Neo Member
New to the forum. Finally got validated. I am almost done with wave 4 but i need robin and lucina. If anyone has an extra they are willing to trade, I have some of the exclusive extras. Send me a pm.

ExVicis

Damn I wish I had something to trade but I've been confining myself to just buying what I want and not going nuts with buying tons of duplicates. I feel like I should to compete and get the ones I want but I think maybe that's a darker road that I don't wanna go down.

Isotope

Man, I JUST missed Pac-Man at Wal-Mart it looks like, but at least I got Inkling Girl.

Would have preferred to use Amazon, but oh well.

RootCause

Damn I wish I had something to trade but I've been confining myself to just buying what I want and not going nuts with buying tons of duplicates. I feel like I should to compete and get the ones I want but I think maybe that's a darker road that I don't wanna go down.
Everyone is so scared of missing someone, that they buy tons of duplicates, and end up fucking things worse. But hey! At least it didn't go to a scalper. :3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I so hope Amazon pre-orders don't go up while I'm working outside in the yard.....

We don't know of the time, just the fact they MIGHT happen today?

Seth

Did walmart actually have stock of charizard/lucina/robin/wario yet? Anyone acutally confirm purchasing them here?

I grabbed the pacman one this morning. I see on mobile the pre order button is still active on all these amiibo but the button doesn't actually work.

RootCause

Oh no....did I miss Walmart?

Has Target gone up yet?

And we still have Amazon, right?
Target put the placeholder, but there was a very small window, and one user managed to get in some orders.
Walmart put them up.
Amazon is the last hope, but considering it's the only one left, I'm expecting it to go in less than a minute since everyone is waiting on it.

ExVicis

Everyone is so scared of missing someone, that they buy tons of duplicates, and end up fucking things worse. But hey! At least it didn't go to a scalper. :3
I don't begrudge anyone who got multiples and are willing to trade. This is just what is pushed by the environment, with how cutthroat it is hoarding is understandable too. And with people so unsure of their order not going through or being cancelled I can only sympathize.

I just won't participate because buying duplicates would make me feel guilty. And I would have to wake up and go and see all the multiples of Lucina I had gotten. All of them staring at me with their cold plastic accusing eyes. Knowing that I didn't need them and deprived some young legitimate purchaser of something I already had but was insecure about.

Joei

Did walmart actually have stock of charizard/lucina/robin/wario yet? Anyone acutally confirm purchasing them here?

I grabbed the pacman one this morning. I see on mobile the pre order button is still active on all these amiibo but the button doesn't actually work.

I don't know how you can "confirm it" but plenty of us placed orders when they went live around 3:30 AM est. I just got home from work and saw I have a "confirmation email" (I guess that potentially confirms it) from them, and my orders are still up at Walmart.com. The only issue is that my Robin says Arrives by April 27th, and Lucina says Arrives by June 5th.

Uhg, Walmart went up at what looks like 3am? I can't catch this stuff if I'm not awake :(

At least Inkling Girl was still up, I put an order in for her and canceled my Best Buy order. $5 shipping on the BB order really killed it.

Yeah it was there and Lucina stayed up for 29 minutes and Robin for about an extra 7 minutes. I was awake thanks to Line. So they went out of stock in the order you would assume they would. I was nervous because 29 minutes is forever for Lucina in the Amiibo world. But them coming down in order gives me confidence. There were at least 15 Line members up at 330 and all got confirmations on average 3 minutes after purchase. Reddit is full of success stories as well. So yeah I would guess they had a good bit of stock. Now lets hope they come through. They did me fair with Gold Mario

confi.png

Does Wal-Mart process payment before or after shipping? They still have the Splatoon Inklings up, so I might just cancel my Amazon France order and get those two at Wal-Mart.

MADGAME

weird i was refreshing and even posted on Line which one went OOS for me at the times. wonder why we would see differences.

Not sure, Robin sold out a good 5-7 minutes before Lucina.

Edit: Reviewing the Line chat it appears othersreported Lucina gone first. Maybe it was a caching issue on my end.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So glad I had the afternoon off when Best Buy went up. Only missed out on the Splatoon 3-pack, but I'll live without the inkling.

The way retail/Nintendo is handling these is a total mess.

rjinaz

Walmart going up in the middle of the night now too? Man, never have I wanted to exit the amiibo game more than at this very moment.

Amazon really is my last hope at this point.

-Horizon-

Huh, mine doesn't do that :/

Huh, mine doesn't do that :/

which part? I am assuming the advertising?
Because we had a rather lengthy debate about the Walmart left over links being put in the alert again and then of course follow up chatting and the inevitable comments to stop posting in there (in there ha).

Actually now that Brian* is banned I assume the Pushbullet thing he was doing for us is no more. I would be interested in joining the Line group if there is room left.

Tired of missing 3am preorders because of silly things like my need for sleep.

That really, really sucks about Walmart. They had Gold Mario come up multiple times during the day, so at least that didn't feel they were giving the middle finger to certain time zones.

Us East Coasters got screwed too many times this wave.

Yeah it was there and Lucina stayed up for 29 minutes and Robin for about an extra 7 minutes. I was awake thanks to Line. So they went out of stock in the order you would assume they would. I was nervous because 29 minutes is forever for Lucina in the Amiibo world. But them coming down in order gives me confidence. There were at least 15 Line members up at 330 and all got confirmations on average 3 minutes after purchase. Reddit is full of success stories as well. So yeah I would guess they had a good bit of stock. Now lets hope they come through. They did me fair with Gold Mario

confi.png

Wal-Mart is good people when it comes to Amiibos. I'm actually glad they went up there before Amazon, because I trust them a lot less (at least when it comes to packaging procedure). I honestly think no one expected Wal Mart to put up pre-orders so soon, and that's why they lasted as long as they did. Amazon was the decoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom