• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
best buy, toys r us, I think gamestop, and now this one...

it's been female marth sells out first, and then robin shortly after while the other amiibos stay in stock for a bit after that.
You sure about that? Because when I got my Lucina from Best Buy it wouldn't let me order Robin, and when I got Greninja, Lucina was still showing as in stock but Robin was already gone. Honestly not sure about GameStop, but that was a cluster fuck.

CorvoSol

Man I just wish this wasn't a "you have a 10 minute window at a random ass time of day and pray the system doesn't fuck up on you on top of that" for me.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Shoot, totally missed Walmart...

totally missed the window to preorder robin and lucina... i still have my ness and pac man preorders though.

who's left online to preorder wave 4 figures?

Hate you people. Walmart was the one store I stopped refreshing because I was tired of just checking their list of amiibos to see if the new ones got listed yet instead of having a direct link.

Neo Dark

gotcha. thanks you two! any leads on when this will happen?

if i miss amazon, i'll just have to see all the stores once they start physically coming in around late may - early june. might be tough but thankfully robin and lucina AREN'T store exclusives!

Um... they aren't. Do you mean online exclusive or low stock?

I was way too late for Robin and Lucina but at least I managed to get the Splatoon 3-pack (after about 20 minutes of the site crashing at checkout).

This is the first wave 4 pre-order I have managed to get anything at all, so I guess I can't complain.

Fox Mulder

At least someone's honest. I get the feeling there's more multiple order stuff going on in this thread (just in general, not just now) than is usually said out loud.

Buying multiples just to trade is as bad as scalping really. But like you said, it's turned everyone into animals.

Shauni

Yeah, I really don't think buying for trades is nearly as bad as scalping. I get the idea is that the trader is taking away a potential sale from someone who wants the figure, but in the end they're still going to trade it to someone who wants it and get something they want that they were unable to obtain. I don't think that's bad, honestly, it's definitely not nearly in the same league as buying these just to sell them at marked up prices on eBay.

I hate this argument. I bought an extra Rosie and traded it for a D3. I fail to see how that's as bad as scalping.

Yeah, I'm someone who missed out and I'm still happy for the people that got multiples for trades. I don't even do that either. I would just much prefer that to happen then anyone who is selling them for money to get even one more.

That being said, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep. :c

Maitiú

Buying multiples just to trade is as bad as scalping really. But like you said, it's turned everyone into animals.

We are the Illuminati, with legions of bots running circles around nowinstock.com. We are the ebayer with 15 gold marios, we are the guy at the front of the line who buys all 12 rares. We are our own worst enemy.

But um, thanks for the heads up guys, because I got my pacman
times 100
thanks to you guys.

Pre-ordered charizard just now with Walmart... But it has a April 27 release date for some reason. Anybody else have some craziness like that?

Shauni

Maitiú;160486003 said:
We are the Illuminati, with legions of bots running circles around nowinstock.com. We are the ebayer with 15 gold marios, we are the guy at the front of the line who buys all 12 rares. We are our own worst enemy.

Eh, 3/10.

Shauni

Pre-ordered charizard just now with Walmart... But it has a April 27 release date for some reason. Anybody else have some craziness like that?

Yeah, my Robin order was also like this, and I think several people said their's showed up like that. Some eventually fixed themselves, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yeah, my Robin order was also like this, and I think several people said their's showed up like that. Some eventually fixed themselves, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks for the heads up. If this charizard doesn't get canceled all I need is Greninja and I can quit the amiibo game.

here's my salty post of the early morning

fuck the west / PST time, any dummy can stay up til 12 am and those lucky people can easily stay up til that time and the pre orders went up that time.

its hard to stay awake til 3 am and if you do set up an alarm you'll still miss it probably

Lol, what the hell with Wario? That one is selling out at such an odd rate, I really don't get it.

if wario isnt flooded i'll be so surprised haha

Shauni

I'll admit this time was all luck for me. Had a long work day, hit the sack at like 8:30. Happened to wake up just in time for this.

Maitiú;160486447 said:
lol, and that makes this little contribution of yours worth what, dear?

10/10 obviously. I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Thanks for the heads up. If this charizard doesn't get canceled all I need is Greninja and I can quit the amiibo game.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

here's my salty post of the early morning

fuck the west / PST time, any dummy can stay up til 12 am and those lucky people can easily stay up til that time and the pre orders went up that time.

its hard to stay awake til 3 am and if you do set up an alarm you'll still miss it probably

if wario isnt flooded i'll be so surprised haha

Seriously, this. Im not risking ruining my entire life for these freaking things. Ill happily buy them from Japan and give the shitty retailers and NoA the middle finger on the way out.

Ill give this one good chance come may 29th and then say screw it.

Insaniac

Decided to get Charizard from Walmart, to seal the deal on Wave 4 (except jiggly darn you elusive amiibo)

and with that, I'm bowing out from the Amiibo hunt until wave 5, good luck to the rest of you!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Amazon still might be happening today?

I'm starting to wonder if I should also pre-order Pac-Man along with Lucina, Robin, & Splatoon 3-pack just to be safe.

Actually, I still have the 1-click URL that'd add all three of the amiibo mentioned above. There a way I can change it so it can add Pac-Man as well?

I saw I had an item in the Walmart cart and I was wondering what it was:

RihNKE3.png

Got excited. Won't let me check it out lol. Wonder if they ever truly did get some in and I just hadn't checked.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone wanna help add Pac-Man to this custom URL to check out Lucina, Robin, & Splatoon 3-Pack with one click? Tried doing it myself, but for some reason, it removed Splatoon & Pac-Man still wasn't added.

I saw I had an item in the Walmart cart and I was wondering what it was:

RihNKE3.png

Got excited. Won't let me check it out lol. Wonder if they ever truly did get some in and I just hadn't checked.

I had a Marth added to my cart on like Best Buy a month or so ago that they kept emailing me about "finishing my order" for when they were long since out of stock. Added salt to the wound every time.

Good lord the OT tag could not be more appropriate.

Such anger on Reddit ha

I am an east coaster and successfully ordered all of them. How did I do this?

Am I a tweeker? No
Do I have a weird shift at a job? No

These figures and Nintendo has made me so insane I sleep with my phone under my pillow. I am a member of a Line (app) Alert chat that goes off when someone in the group messages the alert. Thus waking me from a responsible slumber to buy toys.

Why does it have to be this way?

I still don't think this was as bad as the Gamestop in-store BS. I physically could not leave class to do so. I am hoping my trade with ostrichking will hold for me to get my Ness. It is the only chance I have :(

RootCause

Such anger on Reddit ha

Am I a tweeker? No

These figures and Nintendo has made me so insane I sleep with my phone under my pillow. I am a member of a Line (app) Alert chat that goes off when someone in the group messages the alert. Thus waking me from a responsible slumber to buy toys.

I still don't think this was as bad as the Gamestop in-store BS. I physically could not leave class to do so. I am hoping my trade with ostrichking will hold for me to get my Ness. It is the only chance I have :(
Congrats, but not all of us are invited to that group. :(
So I have to rely on pure luck, or stay up 24/7.

MADGAME

Such anger on Reddit ha

Am I a tweeker? No

Is that your post as nick_or_dawood on Reddit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom