• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin

The Splatoon boy is the last one left for preorder on Walmart... Poor li'l fella. It's probably safe to assume that they'll be available in ample quantity when the game launches, so I'm not terribly worried about being able to get one. And let's face it, the girl is pretty much the one we all associate with the game anyways.

The Splatoon boy is the last one left for preorder on Walmart... Poor li'l fella. It's probably safe to assume that they'll be available in ample quantity when the game launches, so I'm not terribly worried about being able to get one. And let's face it, the girl is pretty much the one we all associate with the game anyways.

I'm not worried about the individual boy and girl inklings at all. I think the 3-pack will be hard to come by, but the others I feel will be readily available shortly after launch.

I guess the day isn't so bad... The Gamecube Adapter just popped up on Amazon and I bought one for my girlfriend since she missed out on it and refused any alternatives.

-Horizon-

which part? I am assuming the advertising?
Because we had a rather lengthy debate about the Walmart left over links being put in the alert again and then of course follow up chatting and the inevitable comments to stop posting in there (in there ha).

I only got the walmart alerts for each amiibo that was up when the amiibos were actually up :/

Weird. Maybe my phone just likes me better and helps filter out the useless notifications haha

amiiboCanadaGAF - Daily Update - Friday April 17, 2015

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160353112&postcount=8564

I just update the post from yesterday since it is still on the same page in the Canada thread. I update the dates and tested all the links.

New additions:
-Best Buy Canada pre-orders possibly going live today, they briefly did this morning around 5:30am EST but no one was able to make an order
-Wal Mart USA Wave 4+Splatoon pre-orders went live at 3:30am EST last night, only Inkling Boy is left

Crom

Wow. Even Wal-Mart went up 3 in the morning?

Glad I got my Lucina, Robin, Wario, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Splatoon pack from Best Buy because I would have missed out everywhere else. This is madness.

Still need the dastardly Ness, Greninja, and Jigglypuff though.

Was able to get Charizard and Pac-Man through Walmart; better than nothing. Can someone invite me to the Line group? Is that the best way to stay on top of when these things go up? I've tried various other services and they all stink.

giphy.gif

amazon

Jetku

Why in the middle of the night ?? :(

It's not like there's a good time for everyone. Between time zones, sleep, work schedules, etc... Never a great time.

Like others have said, it probably lightens the load on servers. They were able to meet demand for about a half hour instead of their servers dying instantly. (GameStop, Frys, etc)

Anyone in LINE know if there will be a chat room for Wave 5/6 pre-orders? Like to get in on that ASAP.

Edit: US Wave 5/6 pre-orders to be more specific.

DooD1234

Man I waited til 3:30 a.m. To wait for Amazon orders to go up and nothing. Went to sleep and walmart decides to troll me and put wave 4 up. Getting the last few smash wave us going to be painful and expensive.

rjinaz

It's not like there's a good time for everyone. Between time zones, sleep, work schedules, etc... Never a great time.

Like others have said, it probably lightens the load on servers. They were able to meet demand for about a half hour instead of their servers dying instantly. (GameStop, Frys, etc)

Ok sure, but it is safe to assume that the majority of people in the US are not awake between 12am-3am on a weekday. At the very least do two waves, one at night and one during the day to give everybody a chance.

I understand the need to reduce traffic but come on. It's walmart, I doubt they would have crashed.

Tomita

jfc had to go to bed early cause of lab. Why do I want Lucina ): lol

Is Amazon, YesAsia, and Play-Asia our only hope in the US now?

AdanVC

Holy shit so Ness is likely to never appear ever again on NA as preorders?? THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS!!! Stop this nightmare NoA what the fuckk ;___;

rjinaz

jfc had to go to bed early cause of lab. Why do I want Lucina ): lol

Is Amazon, YesAsia, and Play-Asia our only hope in the US now?

Well there is still Target too. I think. Though If it hasn't gone up in the middle of the night yet, it's only a matter of time I'm sure.

I told myself I was done after missing D3 and Ike from Wave 3 (still hoping Gamestop comes through), but I'm considering jumping back into the game.

I got the line alert this morning, but I was in no shape to respond. Really regretting it now. Will it be possible to line up at Target again the day they release? Do we know if they will be getting all the non-exclusives?

Why would you do this thing

I'm practice a fair amount of self-loathing and am a glutton for punishment?

For real, I dunno, the fact that I got the Line alert at 3:36 or whatever and possibly could have got pre-orders in makes me feel somewhat hopeful. Also, tax refund coming could give me some extra pocket cash.

Is Wave 4 a lost cause? I've got Ness reserved at least and plan on going to TRU for Greninja on the 27th. Going by the memo, it sounds like it will be pretty organized.

Edit: What is this? Some TRU have makeshift pre-order slips today? Oh dear...

Jetku

Ok sure, but it is safe to assume that the majority of people in the US are not awake between 12am-3am on a weekday. At the very least do two waves, one at night and one during the day to give everybody a chance.

I understand the need to reduce traffic but come on. It's walmart, I doubt they would have crashed.

Walmart wouldn't care to coordinate it that heavily. They serve the exact same number of customers either way. This way prevents the bad PR over the site crashing and costs associated with having IT incidents.

Got my Toad amiibo in the mail today. Tried to cancel before gamestop sent it out, but they replied too late to cancel.

It's okay, I think I'd rather return it and buy a Mario or someone from smash instead. I wonder if he's good for tradesies with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom