• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Damn just checked my bank account and I got charged for 2 Robins from Frys from yesterday despite getting an error and my order not going through. I have no order listed under my account and did not get an email Just charged. Hopefully this will be canceled.

RootCause

Damn just checked my bank account and I got charged for 2 Robins from Frys from yesterday despite getting an error and my order not going through. I have no order listed under my account and did not get an email Just charged. Hopefully this will be canceled.
Contact them.

I tried the same, they told me it would change delivery dates, so I nope'd out of there, don't want to take the risk of getting pushed back to a later release.

Question: If I do 2 separate pre-orders, can I combine them later on to help on shipping? For some reason, I feel like Amazon will only do a few characters at a time....

It's a no go for me as well

T3sGziX.png

kirby_fox

Banned
Wave 4 has been just insane compared to wave 3, which was insane compared to wave 2.

It's been getting much worse.

I'm beginning to think demand has skyrocketed. A lot of people started late, got burnt trying to find Wave 2 and 3 and now are jumping on Wave 4- not to mention there's gotta be way more scalpers than before too.

Especially since it seems impossible to find Shulk, Ike, Metaknight, etc. in NA due to low supply. So we likely have the same supply or even more supply, and demand is steadily outpacing that supply.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a no go for me as well

T3sGziX.png
Different warehouses? That's....weird. MAYBE if they were different series (i.e Splatoon & SSB), but I wouldn't mind combining Robin & then maybe Lucina &/or Pac-Man.

My only hope is that they go up at the same time. Still try to decide if I should take the risk on Pac-Man because I feel like once the first week chaos has settled, he shouldn't be THAT hard to find, based on popularity & how easy Sonic & Mega Man are to find. But I don't know if I can afford him along with others at the moment...

Jetku

You're making a lot of assumptions, such as their website would crash and that was their intention to begin with.

You also sound like somebody that manged to get these, so of course you wouldn't have a problem with the time despite it being inconvenient for most everybody else. Or am I wrong? Sorry if I am. Either way it's messed up.

I was lucky and got them on Walmart but am still missing greninja. I was also lucky and got jigglypuff when she became available randomly midday last week, but couldn't get a second for my buddy. :(

I work in IT and there's a lot of hell behind the scenes when your website crashes, followed by postmortems.

But honestly why do you think Walmart cares? They aren't going to sell any more or less either way.

rjinaz

I'm beginning to think demand has skyrocketed. A lot of people started late, got burnt trying to find Wave 2 and 3 and now are jumping on Wave 4- not to mention there's gotta be way more scalpers than before too.

Especially since it seems impossible to find Shulk, Ike, Metaknight, etc. in NA due to low supply. So we likely have the same supply or even more supply, and demand is steadily outpacing that supply.

I saw this coming well before wave 4 hit. It was easy to see that demand was higher than ever and that scalpers could see the easy money from miles away. Especially with this wave where you have 5 characters that are easy guesses for rare status. Though even I didn't think things would be as bad as they are now.

Draxal

I think the scalpers are just buying it higher in the supply chain than before as well. This has been so brutal, and the only thing that was really bad in wave 3 was getting Rosalina online preorders, the rest were up for more than a day.

Everything has been selling out in a 2 hours or less now.

rjinaz

I was lucky and got them on Walmart but am still missing greninja. I was also lucky and got jigglypuff when she became available randomly midday last week, but couldn't get a second for my buddy. :(

I work in IT and there's a lot of hell behind the scenes when your website crashes, followed by postmortems.

But honestly why do you think Walmart cares? They aren't going to sell any more or less either way.

They probably don't care. Though it would be goodwill toward their daytime customers. But whether or not Walmart cares or not is not something I care about honestly. It's just a shitty situation for these to go up when most can't get them regardless. Also makes me less likely to bother shopping for amiibo there.

kirby_fox

Banned
I saw this coming well before wave 4 hit. It was easy to see that demand was higher than ever and that scalpers could see the easy money from miles away. Especially with this wave where you have 5 characters that are easy guesses for rare status. Though even I didn't think things would be as bad as they are now.

I expected Nintendo to see the demand and ramp up production, especially seeing sales in NA being the highest and characters like Marth selling out. My guess is that they either A) couldn't ramp up production because the contracts had already been signed B) don't want to ramp up production and create a Wii-like scenario again where they have something that sells out and leads into the Xmas season (so then news picks up on it and they can release silver Mario and have it sell like crazy) or C) Demand is ridiculously high as more jump on board and supply won't be able to outpace demand at all.

rjinaz

I expected Nintendo to see the demand and ramp up production, especially seeing sales in NA being the highest and characters like Marth selling out. My guess is that they either A) couldn't ramp up production because the contracts had already been signed B) don't want to ramp up production and create a Wii-like scenario again where they have something that sells out and leads into the Xmas season (so then news picks up on it and they can release silver Mario and have it sell like crazy) or C) Demand is ridiculously high as more jump on board and supply won't be able to outpace demand at all.

Yeah I have no clue what is going on with their supply and why they seem to be taking their time now and yet the situation is getting worse. What I do know though is that always assume amiibo are going to be hard to get your hands on and never assume things are going to get better because of reason A or reason B. Maybe once the smash line finishes but not until then.

rjinaz

Today's been a great day :)!

Horrible, horrible day for me so far.
Missed walmart because of needing sleep at 1am with most other Americans.
Missed amazon uk Ness because I was away from the pc for literally 15 minutes because work.
Got charged by Frys despite the order not actually going through.
I'm pretty sure that Amazon will go up at some point today too so that I can miss them somehow.

When did eBay get so lame with international shipping?

I want a gold Mario but geez its gonna cost close to the price of the Amiibo again just to get it sent to me. -_-

Global Shipping Program is a POS.

kirby_fox

Banned
Yeah I have no clue what is going on with their supply and why they seem to be taking their time now and yet the situation is getting worse. What I do know though is that always assume amiibo are going to be hard to get your hands on and never assume things are going to get better because of reason A or reason B. Maybe once the smash line finishes but not until then.

The Smash line will never finish. It'll just keep going with DLC forever and ever.

Even when the Wii U is no longer around, they'll keep making new amiibo just for Smash. Smash will be their new money making platform on the next console- FTP with Mario and you buy all the amiibo to access fighters.
Oh God, what have I done?

rjinaz

It's actually sad on Nintendo's part that some of you are resorting to foreign Amiibos. Why?

Unless you work over night and can get on a computer at all times or are prepared to wait in a line for 2 hours on release day during a week day and not be at a job, you're not getting some of these amiibo

Edit: Oh you're asking Nintendo why and not us why I guess. Nevermind.

Ibuki

Banned
I woke up too late to get a Lucina order on Amazon.uk, but I was just in time for Robin!

Only Lucina and Jiggly left to get now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom