• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They add up because I usually want more than one :/

It's a pretty smart mentality: force your consumers to crave ordering everything in case any figure ends up being super rare.

Too bad there's NO STOCK.

HardRojo

The-Unbuyable-Amiibo.jpg

Lost it at Villager. Nice DoFP reference.
BTW how is Gold Mario's rarity in the US? I think you can still find him here in Peru.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lost it at Villager. Nice DoFP reference.
BTW how is Gold Mario's rarity in the US? I think you can still find him here in Peru.

He's not readily available, but I don't think he needs to be crossed out yet. Maybe I'll cross him out after the Wave 4 madness dies down
for Wave 5 madness

doowrah

Checking in, anyone have a Ness to trade for a sealed NA gold Mario? Or maybe even sell?

Edit: To be clear, I couldn't care less if it's sealed or NA. I just want Ness

BTW how is Gold Mario's rarity in the US?

I've never actually seen one in stores, but apparently they made a good amount and there are tons available on eBay/reddit. It seems like a lot of people bought them just for trade bait.

I went to two Walmarts around midnight when it launched, neither had any out nor any indication that they were selling them and no one was waiting at either store. I should have asked, but since it was midnight there was no one in the electronics area and I didn't feel like tracking someone down (probably just to be laughed at anyway).

Anime

Neo Member
I've never actually seen one in stores, but apparently they made a good amount and there are tons available on eBay/reddit. It seems like a lot of people bought them just for trade bait.

I went to two Walmarts around midnight when it launched, neither had any out nor any indication that they were selling them and no one was waiting at either store. I should have asked, but since it was midnight there was no one in the electronics area and I didn't feel like tracking someone down (probably just to be laughed at anyway).

True they seemed to have made a decent amount for its launch, but we should keep in mind that whatever's out in the wild are the only ones we're getting.

As time passes by his rarity will be more noticible and his value may increase although that is to say if the fans will even continue to like amiibos in the future.Based on how Wave 4 is going i think most will opt out once Smash Series is done.

I'm pretty sure Gold Mario is the rarest Amiibo of all, and worth the entire Amiibo line so far...

Speaking of, I'm willing to trade my Gold Mario Amiibo for Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcoln, King DeDeDe, Meta Kinight, and more. All of them for Gold Mario. I think it's a good trade!

//ARCANUM

I'm pretty sure Gold Mario is the rarest Amiibo of all, and worth the entire Amiibo line so far...

Speaking of, I'm willing to trade my Gold Mario Amiibo for Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcoln, King DeDeDe, Meta Kinight, and more. All of them for Gold Mario. I think it's a good trade!

a38g95m.gif

fernoca

Yeah. It's why I decided to go on May 29 and grab whatever I can across retailers, then get the rest through scalpers, imports, etc.

Though if I'm lucky enough to preorder the most I can from Amazon.com that would make some things easier. :p

Having an entire wave preordered in general is really weird. :p

Shit, for me having amiibo pre-orders at all is fairly weird. I think of the first 3 waves I had... Ike? Oh, and I snagged Gold Mario. Pretty sure that's it, unless you count the Shulk re-print I'm still waiting on. And that Ike was pre-ordered in December at GameStop, just after the cutoff date, so I still haven't even gotten that. Luckily I managed to order one from Target on release day haha.

But yeah, it's going to be nice not having to line-up outside of the nearest TRU 20 miles away at whatever O'clock in the morning just to watch the last amiibo I want sell out just before my turn.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Need to thank you amiibros for helping me get the majority of the waves at retail, couldn't have done it without you guys. Glad I don't have to be a lurker anymore and can be a part of this awesome community. I felt bad at times for taking stock on some of the links posted in these threads and not giving back lol.

I actually still need a jigglypuff, thanks to target's outdated policies my order was cancelled. So if anyone has a jigglypuff here, I have a spare falcon, pit, Ike and a lucario? for anyone willing to trade.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo of Iwata (Japan) just tweeted something amiibo related wich according to Google Translate it says something about restocking Villager, Captain Falcon and Little Mac in May.

I remember hearing something about this early on. I guess May is the big worldwide shipping date of all these reprints, since the western world is getting Marth. I wonder if those 3 will also show up worldwide. I mean, might as well since there's a GLOBAL demand for those 3 and not JUST Japan. (C'mon Iwata...)

I remember hearing something about this early on. I guess May is the big worldwide shipping date of all these reprints, since the western world is getting Marth. I wonder if those 3 will also show up worldwide. I mean, might as well since there's a GLOBAL demand for those 3 and not JUST Japan. (C'mon Iwata...)

I can't imagine it would be Japan only. Japan has the weakest demand, so it wouldn't make sense to exclusively restock the most sought after characters there. We'll probably see official re-release dates for NA, EU, and Aus/NZ during the E3 Directs.

CorvoSol

Yeah, my amazon.co.uk with standard shipping is like ~$93.

About $15.5 per amiibo.

I'm trying desperately to not think how much money I've spent on Amiibos, since there are still ones I want to come. Mewtwo and Ganon c'moooon.
And ZSS and Lucas and and and

Converse

Banned
Hey, hey, Game.co.uk just charged my account and emailed me -- they're preparing to ship my pre-ordered Ness.

Between this and the New 3DS XL charging dock that just came in the mail from Japan, Nintendo of America's stock issues have officially turned me into an importer.

Hey, hey, Game.co.uk just charged my account and emailed me -- they're preparing to ship my pre-ordered Ness.

Between this and the New 3DS XL charging dock that just came in the mail from Japan, Nintendo of America's stock issues have officially turned me into an importer.

I got my e-mail from them as well! That's a bit of a relief after their recent decision to not export Wave 5. I hear their shipping is rather slow, though. But I'm willing to wait if it means I'll get them.

Speaking of which, I'll echo others' sentiments on pre-orders. Admittedly I'm ignorant of their manufacturing process but I wish they would take unlimited preorders well ahead of time and then make at least that many. I don't mind placing an order 5-6 months ahead of time if it means a guarantee that I would definitely get them at a reasonable price. But with the Smash line nearly done I don't see them switching to a different pre-order system in time to be of any help.

And yeah, NoA's decision not to sell the N3DSXL charging cradle is absolutely mind-boggling. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. That and not kicking in the AC adapter are unacceptable.

CorvoSol

Just checked my e-mail and yeah, Charizard's on his way.

Ugh... Had all of Wave 4 preordered at GAME from a while back. Apparently, they tried to charge my card for the preorders early this morning or late last night, and my card servicer declined the charge as fraudulent and sent me an alert. My confirmation of the charge was somehow too late, and GAME cancelled all of my preorders.

Welp.

Ugh... Had all of Wave 4 preordered at GAME from a while back. Apparently, they tried to charge my card for the preorders early this morning or late last night, and my card servicer declined the charge as fraudulent and sent me an alert. My confirmation of the charge was somehow too late, and GAME cancelled all of my preorders.

Welp.

Funny enough, my cc company also classified GAME as fraudulent. They should really fix their shit.

crimnos

Welp.

Ugggh that's horrible, so sorry to hear that. Made me panic-call my bank just in case something similar happens.

mhayes86

Welp.

Ouch. This happened to me a few times in the past with other online orders, but I never had my order cancelled when confirming the charge within 24 hours or so. Granted, those orders weren't for amiibos...

CorvoSol

Welp.

Had that FRAUD stuff pop up several times when trying to buy from them recently. GAME's pretty messed up. Then again, from what I remember with that The Order Christmas Disc thread . . .

MicH

So toda was a big day for me. Not because I got wave 4 (because I didn't) but because I FINALLY decided to unbox my amiibo. So here they are :D I am super happy with them (and holy shit Dedede is soooo heavy, LOVE IT :D)

Well, if GAME is shipping Wave 4 now, does it follow that Amazon.co.uk will soon as well? Wishful thinking on my part, perhaps.
No. Amazon never ships early. They'll send them out Thursday or maybe even Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom