• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So i heard about the broken street date in germany and went to my local store...

Album with in box closeups here!

AiIrkmb.gif

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Need to thank you amiibros for helping me get the majority of the waves at retail, couldn't have done it without you guys. Glad I don't have to be a lurker anymore and can be a part of this awesome community. I felt bad at times for taking stock on some of the links posted in these threads and not giving back lol.

I actually still need a jigglypuff, thanks to target's outdated policies my order was cancelled. So if anyone has a jigglypuff here, I have a spare falcon, pit, Ike and a lucario? for anyone willing to trade.

Hello and welcome! I don't have a jiggs yet but if I do get one for trade and you're unable to get one I'll trade ya.

Been refreshing Walmart.com for days(Thought I would have the same luck that I did with Charizard, Wario, and Pacman) but no luck, cant get my hands on Lucina and Robin

Fox Mulder

hmmm i should start to trade my amiibos for retro games, i just did a meta knight for turtles in time trade and want to rebuild my snes collection

i would if you can make more trades like that. Weren't there rumors of meta knight coming back at some point too?

I sold shulk and a couple more to further cut my collection down. My interest will end at Ness.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do these go for anything already opened? I'm thinking of selling my Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, and Roaslina because they're just sitting on my TV.

Peagles

Ugh... Had all of Wave 4 preordered at GAME from a while back. Apparently, they tried to charge my card for the preorders early this morning or late last night, and my card servicer declined the charge as fraudulent and sent me an alert. My confirmation of the charge was somehow too late, and GAME cancelled all of my preorders.

Welp.

I'm so sorry this happened to you :(

They have a bad habit of doing this when they're low on stock. It seems to happen to at least a few gaffers nearly every time there's a limited edition game or something from them. If you preordered surely they'd have stock for you, but no, they now somehow don't. It's odd.

crimnos

I'm so sorry this happened to you :(

They have a bad habit of doing this when they're low on stock. It seems to happen to at least a few gaffers nearly every time there's a limited edition game or something from them. If you preordered surely they'd have stock for you, but no, they now somehow don't. It's odd.

Gamestop does the same thing; they canceled my Ike preorder last time for an unclear "charge issue" and gave me two hours to correct it at like 2 in the morning. It smelled like an excuse at the time, since my card was up-to-date.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amiibos... the one time the US needs to wait last. Games have been better with EU wait times, considering (all those languages and different rating boards) but these toys are all the same and don't require a rating etc :(

:(

Nighteater

Neo Member
Hello and welcome! I don't have a jiggs yet but if I do get one for trade and you're unable to get one I'll trade ya.
Cool, I'll keep you posted on my jigglypuff status on release day.
So is Target going to sell all of Wave 4 on the same date or have waves within the wave like wave 3?
I'm certain they'll be releasing on time for this wave. There shouldn't be a major delay now that the port strikes have been resolved. Don't think wave 3 was ever suppose to be split like wave 2 was.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe Amazon US hasn't had them yet. I'm patiently waiting to use some credit to pre-order some of them considering I couldn't get them at GameStop, aside from Ness.

Cool, I'll keep you posted on my jigglypuff status on release day.

I'm certain they'll be releasing on time for this wave. There shouldn't be a major delay now that the port strikes have been resolved. Don't think wave 3 was ever suppose to be split like wave 2 was.

Sounds good, thanks. I haven't been able to pre order any of them so waking up at 7am to go to Target is my last resort.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So pygehd ended up being a scam huh? Not even a little surprised. I would strongly suggest having paypal refund you immediately if you haven't already if you gave them money.http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slrunq

I've discussed this with Cyan and the people who purchased from PygeHD through PM. You should seek a refund immediately. Based on all the things in that post, they may even face legal trouble.

I'm sorry all this had to happen in Best OT. Amiibo thirst really brings out the drama. In other news, we're almost to the next OT, so it's title suggestion time!

Amiibo Thread 7 | Not sold online, not sold in stores
Amiibo Thread 7 | Sign up to be notified when this thread becomes available.
Amiibo Thread 7 | Community Exclusive
Amiibo Thread 8 | If you weren't up at 3 AM, you didn't get Thread 7

rjinaz

I've discussed this with Cyan and the people who purchased from PygeHD through PM. You should seek a refund immediately. Based on all the things in that post, they may even face legal trouble.

I didn't do it personally, it seemed fishy to me from the start. But absolutely I felt everybody should know, even those that maybe lurk and saw the links here on gaf.

Edit: The story is obviously bs. Right, the other dude has already been sentenced and this frap dude had community service...for what exactly? Anyway, I hope he does face legal trouble if he legit ripped people off.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't do it personally, it seemed fishy to me from the start. But absolutely I felt everybody should know, even those that maybe lurk and saw the links here on gaf.

I didn't think it was possible to burn every single bridge on the internet, but somehow he did it. What an insane ride that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom