• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwarf

Banned
So pygehd ended up being a scam huh? Not even a little surprised. I would strongly suggest having paypal refund you immediately if you haven't already if you gave them money.http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slrunq

Just saw this after being gone yesterday and today.

Oh man that's too bad. I bought three amiibo from that site as a lurker before my Gaf account got approved. I sent him an email. I guess now I need to go back to hunting for a Dedede, Ike and Lucario:-(

Should I just pay a scalper price for Dedede cause I want him so bad and he isn't that expensive? Will anyone hate me? I finished Kirby and never got to use him:-(

Should I just pay a scalper price for Dedede cause I want him so bad and he isn't that expensive? Will anyone hate me? I finished Kirby and never got to use him:-(

Entirely up to you man. We know GameStop is getting more in the summer, but not how many, though I think it's safe to say they won't be the only ones. But if you want him badly enough, the price tag isn't an issue, and you don't want to bother waiting to see what the stock issue will be like, then go for it.

Ryfferr

Nintendo AUNZ confirmed a May 30th release for the Splatoon trio, Jigglypuff and Greninja. I think we all figured that but now it's official.

https://www.facebook.com/NintendoAUNZ/posts/474602179363587

Few days for the next wave yeah?

I'm still not sure if EB NZ is selling theirs on the 25th or the 30th.

The website says it's on the 30th but maybe it's a typo? idk. I'll just wait if I get a text before saturday and see about when I'm getting my wave 4.

Splatoon pack AU exclusive, Yarn Yoshi's NZ exclusive.

You've gone too far this time Nintendo.

Continuing to fuel that rivalry I see. Well at least we could preorder the Inkling boy and girl here. No squid tho.

Peagles

I'm still not sure if EB NZ is selling theirs on the 25th or the 30th.

The website says it's on the 30th but maybe it's a typo? idk. I'll just wait if I get a text before saturday and see about when I'm getting my wave 4.

Continuing to fuel that rivalry I see. Well at least we could preorder the Inkling boy and girl here. No squid tho.

In the 3 pack though :p

I'm calling bullshit on his Mr. A story. What legal system works that fast to convict a felon, after the initial arrest to the final court decision, within a week? And he finished a week's worth of community service in less than that time? And to top it all off, instead of simply refunding orders, he's willing to lose thousands by paying increased after market prices?

I'm calling bullshit on his Mr. A story. What legal system works that fast to convict a felon, after the initial arrest to the final court decision, within a week? And he finished a week's worth of community service in less than that time? And to top it all off, instead of simply refunding orders, he's willing to lose thousands by paying increased after market prices?

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it earlier. The whole post sounds completely BS. Just some weird attempt to make everyone feel bad for him and hopefully forget it all quickly?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Mr. A was also a character on his favorite show Pretty Little Liars. We used to joke about it on LINE before he did all this.

Shun

Mr. A was also a character on his favorite show Pretty Little Liars. We used to joke about it on LINE before he did all this.

Should we just call Paypal or should we email him for a refund before calling Paypal? Asking cause me and my housemate made an order with his Paypal account.

Edit: Contacted him via email and he replied 3 times pretty promptly. Apparently he has my Ike and is looking for the rest of my orders? Waiting on photo confirmation and giving him a day before I contact Paypal.

CorvoSol

What story is this?

Shun

He emailed us and asked us to relay this on. Still waiting on my photo of the stock... Will update while waiting.

Frap's email response:

PygeHD Frap said:
Firstly, I'll be willing to pay millions, AmiiboGAF is a community that I will cherish forever. It taught me new things that I had learned for the better. It has been a long time since I had stuck around AmiiboGAF and I'll continue to do so. Yes, the arrest and court decision sounds unrealistic, but there was enough evidence to sustain. He wasn't just arrested because of no reason. However, the PayPal was linked under my account/name, thus community service. The community service point meant a week of community service, not 24 hours times 14 days community service as well.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it earlier. The whole post sounds completely BS. Just some weird attempt to make everyone feel bad for him and hopefully forget it all quickly?

PygeHD Frap said:
First of all the why would anyone forget it quickly if I am giving items using my own money?

PygeHD Frap said:
It's not Mr. A btw, it's A and plus, why the hell would a show that I like affect anything. This is stupidity at its best.

First of all,
I sincerely apologize, I apologize for everything. I should have listened to Diggeh and stayed still. My resellers site was doing fine.
For all of you not believing me, be expecting a tracking number from this week onwards until I have finished all my orders.

Should we just call Paypal or should we email him for a refund before calling Paypal? Asking cause me and my housemate made an order with his Paypal account.

Edit: Contacted him via email and he replied 3 times pretty promptly. Apparently he has my Ike and is looking for the rest of my orders? Waiting on photo confirmation and giving him a day before I contact Paypal.

i tried emailing him and he never replied to me. this was about 5 days ago.

OoS apparantly, for little mac at least

Currently we do not have enough qty for this item to cover your order.
Please go back to the cart, and process again.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Rootbeer

Banned
villager pre-orders now closed on amiami as well.

not bad for a window, i've seen them sell out way faster in the past.

so if you are still interested in japanese amiibo check out playasia although you will pay a noticable upcharge.

Picked up a Villager re-run. I had previously ordered a Marth that hasn't shipped yet, but when I get both of those, I'll at least have finally completed Wave 1. It just sucks that in the end I'm paying more than double the American MSRP to get these things. I'd wait for reprints here, but we have no idea how plentiful they will be.

When the Super Mario amiibos were first shown I decided to skip them because outside of the Smash line I'd just get the ones I want.

But now there's the Splatoon ones where I'm getting all three, and the Yoshi ones where I'm getting all three.

Makes me feel like I should just say fuck it and grab the measly 6 Mario figures I was going to skip.

je_ssi e

Bit on the AmiAmi Falcon.
Not gonna wait for amiibo cards that may never come to complete the Mii-Racing suits for MK8.

Combined it with my Mac order from the last time they were up.

When the Super Mario amiibos were first shown I decided to skip them because outside of the Smash line I'd just get the ones I want.

But now there's the Splatoon ones where I'm getting all three, and the Yoshi ones where I'm getting all three.

Makes me feel like I should just say fuck it and grab the measly 6 Mario figures I was going to skip.

Classic Mario and Luigi are best Mario and Luigi. And Toad is just too awesomely cute.

Classic Mario and Luigi are best Mario and Luigi. And Toad is just too awesomely cute.

Princess Peach is also vastly superior to the Smash Bros iteration. I've actually only picked up Peach, Toad, and Gold Mario from that series, but I've had Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Yoshi in my Amazon cart at least twice before failing to justify the purchase.

Baliis

Hey...

Hey...

Hey...

That show was fun, even though Spencer's the only one who ever did anything.

Been watching it with my girlfriend recently. It's great in a what ridiculous plot twist is going to happen next kind of way, even if I hate every character on the show pretty much.

kirby_fox

Banned
So, still nothing from Amazon? They're killing me here.

I doubt it matters. They're the last place to go up at this point that scalpers are watching like hawks. Unless they made it "one per household" it's unlikely all of us wanting wave 4 will be on when it does go live.

I've come to terms with the fact Nintendo is screwing us all, and I will only buy and trade what I can.

Kilau

He emailed us and asked us to relay this on. Still waiting on my photo of the stock... Will update while waiting.

Frap's email response:

Originally Posted by PygeHD Frap

Firstly, I'll be willing to pay millions, AmiiboGAF is a community that I will cherish forever

Funny, here is what he said on LINE about GAF.

QrbQNIt.jpg

RootCause

I doubt it matters. They're the last place to go up at this point that scalpers are watching like hawks. Unless they made it "one per household" it's unlikely all of us wanting wave 4 will be on when it does go live.

I've come to terms with the fact Nintendo is screwing us all, and I will only buy and trade what I can.
Being the last site means, we're pretty much ****. So disillusioned with Amiibo.
They've pushed me towards DI collecting, look what you have done NIN. :0

Frap's email response:

Ugh. Maybe 70% of my posts here have been clowning on PygeHD, but this finally got me upset over the people who were scammed. I hope Paypal treated you guys right; I guess I am thankful that I hesitated in placing an order with PygeHD.

What's the consensus on Wario's rarity? Seems like he would be fairly common, but I suppose you never know with these.
I don't think we can properly gauge rarity on this wave yet, but I feel as though Wario and Pac-Man will be common this wave. Charizard may be the uncommon and the Fire Emblem duo will be unicorns.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the consensus on Wario's rarity? Seems like he would be fairly common, but I suppose you never know with these.
My logic has been "the more popular a character is with the general public, the more common they'll be to find". So Wario shouldn't be too bad. Maybe uncommon at the most.

That's probably why characters like Marth, Little Mac, Pit, etc. have been more rare, because the average person probably doesn't know who they are if you show them a pic compared to, say, Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc.

Edit: He's suppose to have a Super Mario version as well, right? With his classic yellow outfit? I imagine that might be a bit easier to find, but I still think he shouldn't be that hard compared to the likes of Ness, Robin, Lucina, etc.

robot

Wow just read that whole PygeHD story - guess it WAS too good to be true. The 10 years in jail thing sounds a little off though lol.

RootCause

My logic has been "the more popular a character is with the general public, the more common they'll be to find". So Wario shouldn't be too bad. Maybe uncommon at the most.

That's probably why characters like Marth, Little Mac, Pit, etc. have been more rare, because the average person probably doesn't know who they are if you show them a pic compared to, say, Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc.

Edit: He's suppose to have a Super Mario version as well, right? With his classic yellow outfit? I imagine that might be a bit easier to find, but I still think he shouldn't be that hard compared to the likes of Ness, Robin, Lucina, etc.
Dood! Completely forgot about the Super Mario Line. Hope they finish that one next. Loved that they're bigger than the Smash line, plus they look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom