• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

you do realize that you don't have to have the item in hand to put up stuff on ebay right?
you can totally put up stuff, and get people to lock in at high prices while they are panicking, and then attempt to get the amiibos yourself and if you can't get them cancel the sale stating you had an issue with your stock.

What could Nintendo do? It's not possible to figure out who plans on buying a figure only to sell it on ebay y'know.

At best they can make it one per person and cancel anyones who buy more then 2 of the same, that is whats going on right now.

That's true... damn I guess I just need to calm down. Kinda mad that looks like wave 4 is goin to be hell to get like wave 3 :'(

Fox Mulder

what could they do? make it illegal to list things on ebay? how would that work?

presumably, offering enough stock will kill scalpers. People seeing preorders close in minutes makes things worse.

All this time between waves and the big bad dock strike is over, but he we are again with the same shit. Nintendo has had plenty of time to accurately judge demand.

What the fuck I was in class. I step away for 1 hour and a half and they are gone.

I'm done with NA. Just going to have my dad grab them from Japan. Complete bullshit that I/We have to sit on constant watch to try and grab pre orders that we are not even guaranteed to get.

Crom

I picked up Wario and PAC-MAN from Best Buy but I kind of want to go back and add something else to get free shipping (like Mario series Luigi). Is there any way to do that? The only options they seem to have is Cancel Item(s).

May not be a way online. Call customer support and maybe they could do it?

//ARCANUM

oh god, just remembered i'm moving to a different house on may 1st and my current address is listed as the shipping address.... i do not dare try and change it.... thankfully my brother will still be at the current address so he should be able to get them for me.

Big Brett

As an owner of every single Wave 1 & 2 Smash Amiibo, sans Lucario and Pit, I'm done. Not ordering anymore. I'm sick of the frenzy. It's not fun anymore :(

TheGrue

Called Best Buy and got my shipping address updated on the non-Lucina part of my order (all the other 4 figures). Really confused as to why it used that address. When I go into my profile, it doesn't even show up there as a stored shipping address. At any rate, if I get Amazon orders, I will cancel this, but gotta have a safety net.

Dominator

I think I might just keep my Amazon UK order of Wave 4. It comes out to $17 a figure with shipping, which is about $33 more than what I would pay for the 6 figures but such less hassle.

I'll track down Jigglypuff and Greninja elsewhere.

I got four of him lol. Shulk IMHO is the easiest one to get.
The hardest one is Jigglypuff (out of nowhere) a lucario.
Yeah, Shulk wasn't so bad, even had a second set which I stil got coming I hope. So hopefully Ness also does aswell, would like to get him but can only afford one Amiibo right now and its for Lucina.

Jigglypuff should not be hard either as long as you line up early a Target. Grebinja is already dead however if they have scalper get them all like Lucario.

My top priorities are: Lucina, Robin, Inkling Girl, Jigglypuff, and Greninja. Hope to get the first three at amazon today and pay Robin & Ingling Girl with amazon credit next month (have enough credit for Lucina) but if not I hopefully can get them at Target. Gotta set aside $40 for Greninja tho. >_>

What the fuck I was in class. I step away for 1 hour and a half and they are gone.

I'm done with NA. Just going to have my dad grab them from Japan. Complete bullshit that I/We have to sit on constant watch to try and grab pre orders that we are not even guaranteed to get.
Yea, I'm most likely going to miss GS's pre orders since I'll be in class. Really sucks

Mr Buddy

did you pay with credit card or paypal?

with the MM LE most of the people who got canceled was because paypal wouldn't verify.

Oh, really? I did pay with paypal, so that might be why :( It didn't say anything about verification issues though, but if there have been issues with paypal before, then I'd assume that might be my issue :/

...Whoa. Was any reason given?

They didn't give a reason, but I think it's likely that it was a paypal verification issue :(

Owari

Managed to get Charizard and Pac-Man, would anyone be willing to trade their Jiggly, Robin, Lucina or Wario for Dedede?

shandy706

I managed to snag 10 amiibo.
2 of each.
If anyone needs a Lucina, I definitely need a US Wii-Fit, so let's make it happen

I'll buy Robin and Lucina at cost from you + shipping since you got extras.

On the same subject.

I have a like new, in box, Sheik that I'll ship to anyone that wants it.

$14 PayPal Gift and it's yours. That should be below any website and I don't mind taking the loss to get it to you.

PM me.

Velcro Fly

Told you guys last night Pac Man wouldn't be rare.

It's sad Nintendo will treat their own characters as red headed stepchildren but 3rd party characters are common as fuck.

Also thinking about getting an extra Lucina and/or Robin from GS to trade in case I miss Greninja/Jigglypuff. Not sure though =/

zulux21

Oh, really? I did pay with paypal, so that might be why :( It didn't say anything about verification issues though, but if there have been issues with paypal before, then I'd assume that might be my issue :/

They didn't give a reason, but I think it's likely that it was a paypal verification issue :(

In the heat of the moment I forgot about the paypal issue (I switched over to credit card on the site a while ago because of it.) otherwise I would have warned people that using paypal on bestbuy might be risky.

You could try contacting customer support and see if they can get your order back in with a different payment in case there are cancellations or more stock then the site thinks.

hawk2025

It's sad Nintendo will treat their own characters as red headed stepchildren but 3rd party characters are common as fuck.

Some perspective, here:

You are saying things like "common as fuck" 20 minutes after the first round of preorders went up.

Fox Mulder

It makes sense as pacman is infinitely more recognizable than fire emblem. They were never going to make a ton of those characters, even with a marth reprint.

VinFTW

Me and my fiance have decided we're out. Will just keep what we have and call it a day.

Can't support this bullshit practice anymore.

GL all

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I got lucky... My new local GS was nice and before I head out all day I bought a gift card with enough for Wave 4 and the Splatoon bundle. Any remaining will go towards my next preorder.

*whew* I'm saveddddd.... An option if anyone is free now but not after.

Velcro Fly

All the Best Buy amiibo are now SO.

Looks like ALL of Wave 4 will be rare.

Most are rare at launch. The real question is will we get restocks on some of these. I'd be willing to bet Wario won't be rare and that Pac Man and Charizard will be uncommon at worst.

Kalyst

Neo Member
All I need from this Wave:

Jigglypuff
Charizard
Greninja
Lucina
Splatoon Girl and Splatoon 3 pack (just to have a sealed Splatoon girl the others I'm playing with)

Im torn on whether I can trade my rares away for these or if I should just wait to see if I can grab them first.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Also thinking about getting an extra Lucina and/or Robin from GS to trade in case I miss Greninja/Jigglypuff. Not sure though =/

They probably have a limited production contract for those third party characters. They can't make Mega Man Amiibos forever, so they probably ramped up production on those deliberately.

Big Brett

Wait until Amazon, Wal-Mart and Target (put up the rest)

Who knows. There could be multiple chances

I think I just don't care anymore. I got sucked into the hype, but now they're just slightly dusty relics of money I spent frivolously. Just how I personally feel. Enjoying watching from the sidelines this wave, though :)

Best Buy's are not gone yet. They did this with the Mario ones too. They put them up and then really quick changed the status to 'coming soon' but later that day put them all up for pre-order again.

These should be the same since they were all changed to 'coming soon.'

If you missed them, just keep your eyes open, they should pop up again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pray to god that inkling amiibo is not retailer exclusive (especially not Target's exclusive)

It's in the 3-pack, isn't it? That should be everywhere.

I picked up Wario and PAC-MAN from Best Buy but I kind of want to go back and add something else to get free shipping (like Mario series Luigi). Is there any way to do that? The only options they seem to have is Cancel Item(s).

I don't think there is. I just ended up cancelling mine because $10 shipping for two amiibos is a little nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom