• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
too%20slow%20yo.png

What if Amazon pre-orders did go up? What if Esteban was right?

Isotope

It feels good getting an amiibo for its MSRP. Thankfully, Wal-Mart still had Pac-Man (And I gave up on Amazon), so ended up picking him up along with the Inkling Girl (Thankfully they still had some of her left, so I had no problem cancelling my previous order); $27.80 for both.

Whew... Amazon.co.uk shipped my Wave 4 preorders. With GAME shipping Wario and my Jigglypuff preorder at Target, that's everyone except for Greninja.

Yesterday I was able to lock down some Wave 4 preorders at Walmart just in case my others didn't go through. That said, I'm happy to trade Lucina or Robin or whoever for a Greninja.

mhayes86

So are amiibos like samus rare? My son wants smash so I'm wondering if the figures he wants I can even get.

I haven't seen a Samus in any stores near me since they first launched, so I'm not entirely sure. On Amazon, she's a bit less than $20 with Prime, which isn't too bad.

Zero Suit Samus on the other hand...

I noticed when placing my Charizard order that Walmart offered two FREE shipping options. "Value" shipping arriving June 4 and "Standard" shipping arriving June 3. I didn't notice when I placed my Lucina order first because as we've learned, one extra click can be the difference between Order Confirmed and Sold Out.

So I can expect Charizard in my mailbox Wednesday 6/3 and Lucina Thursday 6/4.

I did this exact thing with Robin instead of Charizard. That was easily the most stressful 60 seconds in recent memory.

So are amiibos like samus rare? My son wants smash so I'm wondering if the figures he wants I can even get.
Samus isn't rare. At most, she's uncommon.

If you do live in the NYC area, there was a lot of her in stock in the Nintendo World Store when I went into the city two weeks ago.

They also had her in stock in Forbidden Planet, a comic store in the city.

crimnos

Anyone else have individual orders for Robin/Ness/Lucina from Amazon UK and waiting for Robin and Lucina to ship? Ness is sitting at "preparing for dispatch", with no movement on the other two.

They have at least shipped my separate order of Charizard/Wario/Pac-Man.

mhayes86

Anyone else have individual orders for Robin/Ness/Lucina from Amazon UK and waiting for Robin and Lucina to ship? Ness is sitting at "preparing for dispatch", with no movement on the other two.

There's been no movement on any of my orders on Amazon UK. Ness, Robin, and Lucina are individual orders sitting at not yet dispatched.

MicH

They'll probably get cancelled/delayed. They did this to my Shulk preorder in wave 3B just before relaying him to "Summer". Mine got sent out an hour or two ago

crimnos

They'll probably get cancelled/delayed. They did this to my Shulk preorder in wave 3B just before relaying him to "Summer". Mine got sent out an hour or two ago

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Ness did at least finally get dispatched, but man. Have you seen anything on your Shulk since then, or is it still sitting at "Summer"?

MicH

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Ness did at least finally get dispatched, but man. Have you seen anything on your Shulk since then, or is it still sitting at "Summer"?
I cancelled it and found one in a local store (which was not easy - most stores only got two!). I hope yours get dispatched though.

Rocky

Banned

Actually, my UK Lucina that I preordered in Feb has shipped, no tracking info available yet though. My Ness that I preordered 4/17 is at Not Yet Dispatched and I haven't received an email or anything yet.

crimnos

Robin from Amazon UK still at "not yet dispatched". Good thing I have patience haha.

In the same boat...see above, could potentially be bad news.

Now this is interesting...my February pre-orders shipped no problem, but I pre-ordered Ness on 4/17 and it has shipped (while Rocky's hasn't), but my 4/17 Robin and Lucina haven't. Wonder what's up.

poy1990

Neo Member
Well I do have a Robin back up from YesAsia hopefully that goes through. Still F5-ing like crazy in American stores though..

Drago

I have an Amazon UK order of all six Wave 4 figures from all the way back in February when they first went up. Still sitting at Not Yet Dispatched. This stress isn't fun.

shanafan

Robin and Lucina shipped today from Amazon UK for me.

kirby_fox

Banned
Has TRU taken down the page for Greninja yet?

Curious if there's a chance it'll show up online again like some of these others have over the past few days, or if Monday will be the only chance.

catmario

Yodobashi is still taking pre-order for Villager.
Thanks to yodobashi, now I finally preordered this. ;)
It was too long to get this at proper price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, Mario Kart 8 DLC & patch is up, meaning more costumes to unlock via amiibo. Got Rosalina, Bowser, Mega Man, & Sonic.

Yay, Mario Kart 8 DLC & patch is up, meaning more costumes to unlock via amiibo. Got Rosalina, Bowser, Mega Man, & Sonic.

The MegaMan and Pac-Man costumes are the ones I like...

I also like the Captain Falcon one but, I'll never have access to that one for a while. :(

The amiibo situation is fucking ridiculous ugh. Had to put in a pre order for the Splatoon bundle at Walmart before y'all drain that out too! *grumbles* ...

Hurry up Amazon!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The MegaMan and Pac-Man costumes are the ones I like...

I also like the Captain Falcon one but, I'll never have access to that one for a while. :(
Yeah, Falcon is probably the one I used the most, mainly to pair it up with the Blue Falcon kart.

Mega Man looks nice, Sonic is okay if not a bit weird, and Pac-Man looks probably the coolest out of the 3rd parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom