• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pissed about Walmart, I saw them available but it wouldn't let me add to cart on my phone and I had to watch this thread with people continuously get orders through and I and a co-worker couldn't get jack shit. Fucking BS.

Try firefox, even though I have them just for the heck of it I clicked on pre order for Wario for example and it works just fine

CorvoSol

Is there anyone else besides me that is still too stubborn to import their amiibos and wants a complete NA collection?

I can't decide if that would've been the better route. It would've been cheaper, but I sleep so much better now that I'm not up all night chasing chat room rumors from Esteban's cock.

DTU

Banned
I've got an extra preorder Robin from Amazon.de. If anyone wants it, I'd take $30 (cost, including shipping) and just change the shipping address to you.

Thanks!

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm still not sure if EB NZ is selling theirs on the 25th or the 30th.

The website says it's on the 30th but maybe it's a typo? idk. I'll just wait if I get a text before saturday and see about when I'm getting my wave 4.

EB NZ changed their release dates to the 25th today, Mighty Ape shipping tomorrow.

For anyone left who wants a Ness, Robin or Lucina check MA tomorrow morning. When they go to ship stock they'll take money from pre-orders and people without enough money will get their orders cancalled. That stock will be put back up for sale.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Its not fair that Europe gets Wave 4 first but still i suppose thats another plus for NoE compared to NoA

Other countries have always preordered all of Wave 5/6/whatever/Mewtwo/Lucas and Amazon US STILL HASN'T GONE UP.

ESTABAAAAAAAAAAAN

HardRojo

Is there anyone else besides me that is still too stubborn to import their amiibos and wants a complete NA collection?

Yep. I won't import, even though I want a complete collection, for some reason it'd still feel incomplete if it was composed by Amiibo from different regions.

//ARCANUM

So.... I just got a second order confirmation email (just now) from Deep Discount. It's identical to the previous one I got when I placed my order (says items are backordered still).... is this a good thing? Or bad?

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay my friend just told me that Brian refunded his PygeHD order through PayPal, but insists he still sent the amiibo. So we'll see if it arrives, in which case that would give him a shred of credibility back.

Just saw them.

Mac and Falcon restock pls.

:(

So glad I didn't try and go for a full set after they launched.

Neo Dark

Hey guys... Lucina
figma
has been delayed =(

Here I was hoping it would tie me over until the amiibo released but nope. Instead, I guess I'm getting both in June. Guess it's the month of Lucina for me. Have we figured out why Walmart is shipping it in June? Oh and Europe gets it a whole month before NA?

Plover

Neo Member
Not sure if it was mentioned but an EB rep told me Mewtwo and Lucas amiibo will be released in Australia on July 1st. If he wasn't given a false placeholder date or something, anyway.

Nope I got tired of pre-orders being screwed up and store exclusives I open mine all anyway and throw away the packaging so u can't tell there from a different region. Also I don't care about a complete collection just picked up the characters I like has made this whole thing stress free :)

Piscus

Hey guys... Lucina
figma
has been delayed =(

Here I was hoping it would tie me over until the amiibo released but nope. Instead, I guess I'm getting both in June. Guess it's the month of Lucina for me. Have we figured out why Walmart is shipping it in June? Oh and Europe gets it a whole month before NA?

Because you chose free shipping.

Nope I got tired of pre-orders being screwed up and store exclusives I open mine all anyway and throw away the packaging so u can't tell there from a different region. Also I don't care about a complete collection just picked up the characters I like has made this whole thing stress free :)

I envy those who don't keep a sealed box collection. I do have doubles of my favorite characters so I can enjoy and appreciate amiibo the way they were intended, but it's difficult when your favorite characters are so difficult to acquire. In my case so far, Ness and Rosalina being retailer exclusives.

Neo Dark

Because you chose free shipping.

I need more sleep. Thought it was the date they were shipping out. Didn't occur to me that it was the arrival date. Makes more sense then lol. Was more worried about being able to get the pre-orders in then what some things actually said it seems

I need more sleep. Thought it was the date they were shipping out. Didn't occur to me that it was the arrival date. Makes more sense then lol. Was more worried about being able to get the pre-orders in then what some things actually said it seems

I noticed when placing my Charizard order that Walmart offered two FREE shipping options. "Value" shipping arriving June 4 and "Standard" shipping arriving June 3. I didn't notice when I placed my Lucina order first because as we've learned, one extra click can be the difference between Order Confirmed and Sold Out.

So I can expect Charizard in my mailbox Wednesday 6/3 and Lucina Thursday 6/4.

Peagles

Well I wasn't expecting this. Got a message today that Robin, Lucina, Wario, Pacman, and Charizard were ready to pick up. I ordered Ness separately but yeh, went and got them just now, they're... beautiful!

Toki767

Amazon sent me an e-mail tonight with the subject line reading "Marth amiibo" so I open it and just...

CDQ0tohWMAAiEXZ.png

FSLink

Banned
Amazon sent me an e-mail tonight with the subject line reading "Marth amiibo" so I open it and just...

Reminds me of how Best Buy sent me an e-mail that was basically:

"Based off your recent purchases, here are some recommendations:

Majora's Mask New 3DS XL
Metaknight Amiibo
other out of stock shit"

MicH

My Lucina's face is surprisingly detailed too. So much better than Marth. Don't have Robin yet for some reason. He (and Ness) was supposed to come with my Lucina, but apparently not? :( Where the hellare they, Elgiganten!?

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay it's too dark to take proper photos (need natural light so I don't catch the reflections) so some close ups will have to do.

I'm particularly impressed with Robin and Lucina faces :p

Holy shit they didn't screw up the faces! Robin looks fantastic. Lucina is a little sultry but still good.

Not sure what's happening with my order. My EB Games doesn't call for online pre-orders, even though they've got my phone number. I suspect stock is coming in early because of Anzac Day, so maybe tomorrow.

so i placed 2 orders with pygehd. i emailed trying to cancel one and when he didn't reply i opened paypal disputes. this was before the scam admittance. i had filed the disputes as non receive and he has until the 28th to respond. i just sent an email to paypal with a link to the tweet and the contents of it as well. should i bother trying to email him again? if he doesnt respond, will i automatically win?

also, so pissed i missed lucina yesterday.

mitchlol

I don't actually have intention of collecting Amiibo for myself, but I have a friend who would like nothing more than the Falco Amiibo when their released so I said I would get it for him. I really do hope it's possible to get it since it's the only Falco related product from Nintendo I can remember.

If I was happy to pay above the retail price is it going to be a problem obtaining? Obviously it hasn't been announced yet but with E3 around the corner I can't imagine it's too far off.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't actually have intention of collecting Amiibo for myself, but I have a friend who would like nothing more than the Falco Amiibo when their released so I said I would get it for him. I really do hope it's possible to get it since it's the only Falco related product from Nintendo I can remember.

If I was happy to pay above the retail price is it going to be a problem obtaining? Obviously it hasn't been announced yet but with E3 around the corner I can't imagine it's too far off.

If you don't mind paying above retail you'll easily be able to buy on ebay or import from Japan. The current amiibo release schedule will mean he's quite far away though, end of the year probably.

e: just checked your profile, you're in Australia. Yeah you should just be able to pre-order from EB when it becomes available, the Aussie stock for pre-orders is good.

Neo Dark

I noticed when placing my Charizard order that Walmart offered two FREE shipping options. "Value" shipping arriving June 4 and "Standard" shipping arriving June 3. I didn't notice when I placed my Lucina order first because as we've learned, one extra click can be the difference between Order Confirmed and Sold Out.

So I can expect Charizard in my mailbox Wednesday 6/3 and Lucina Thursday 6/4.
Really? Didn't notice that. Either way I had the same thought going through my head

Okay it's too dark to take proper photos (need natural light so I don't catch the reflections) so some close ups will have to do.

I'm particularly impressed with Robin and Lucina faces :p
Wow... Lucina looks really good. Even better than the pictures Nintendo gave to retailers. Now if only they removed her support

Edit: here's a reminder
maYhqlJIC8J2xKFbSF7uNqsqCkga_M29.png

Not sure if it's the lighting but Nintendo's pictures make her look disappointing compared to yours

Ryfferr

Well I wasn't expecting this. Got a message today that Robin, Lucina, Wario, Pacman, and Charizard were ready to pick up. I ordered Ness separately but yeh, went and got them just now, they're... beautiful!

Welp, time to check my EB tomorrow to see if mine came in. Yours looks great!

Reminds me of how Best Buy sent me an e-mail that was basically:

"Based off your recent purchases, here are some recommendations:

Majora's Mask New 3DS XL
Metaknight Amiibo
other out of stock shit"

But majoras mask XL is everywhere now and meta knight will come back ;)
Best buy knows

My ness x Lucina just got shipped :D let's see how crushed they become from flying over seas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom