• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

prmtyme

Neo Member
i want to thank everyone here. I been a lurker for awhile waiting for my account to be approved. finally i can post! I am thankfully for you guys because i got preorders in and the stuff you guys post always kept my spirits high amiibo hunting is serious business yo!

Jswanko

Damn, man. Hopefully there will be another opportunity somewhere else. Amazon hasn't said a peep yet, either.

I *almost* wish amazon had already put their's up, even if i missed it. At least then we wouldn't continue to be lead on for weeks and weeks thinking there was hope.

Ugh... Is Wave 4 in Europe now? I'm tempted to just import the whole lot from somewhere and be done with it. I wish there was an Amazon seller with all six I could just hit up.

crimnos

Welp. Just received email about Robin and Lucina.

Unfortunately, there's been a change to the availability of the Nintendo Amiibo character you ordered in order #s BLANK as Amazon.co.uk is receiving a very limited supply. Orders will be sent out on a "first come, first served" basis and we wanted to let you know that we won't be able to dispatch this to you at the moment. We don't expect to receive more stock until the end of June. We're sorry about this.

MicH

Unfortunately, there's been a change to the availability of the Nintendo Amiibo character you ordered in order #s BLANK as Amazon.co.uk is receiving a very limited supply. Orders will be sent out on a "first come, first served" basis and we wanted to let you know that we won't be able to dispatch this to you at the moment. We don't expect to receive more stock until the end of June. We're sorry about this.
Ugh that again. I got those mails for Little Mac and Shulk when they released. Looks like I lucked out this time, thankfully. Sorry to hear about it though

crimnos

Ugh that again. I got those mails for Little Mac and Shulk when they released. Looks like I lucked out this time, thankfully. Sorry to hear about it though

Thanks. Looks like it's scalper time, there's no way I get lucky enough to get an Amazon US preorder.

Crap I just checked my email, no Ness from amazon UK for me..says something about how they had a limited stock blaa blaa blaa damn this sucks..says they wont be receiving more stock til the end of June so not sure if I should just cancel it or wait

kirby_fox

Banned
Got in contact with a TRU rep earlier, and despite some spelling mistakes I laughed off
"I would be glad to help you find the Greninja." and "Please expect there two be limited quantities" were great to add to "They new amiibo"
I did find out Monday is still a go for in-store preorders.

However it doesn't sound like they have any idea how many they'll have, but that "quantities will be limited" and to "contact you local store for more details."

Now to see if I have Monday off work or not...

georly

Got in contact with a TRU rep earlier, and despite some spelling mistakes I laughed off
"I would be glad to help you find the Greninja." and "Please expect there two be limited quantities" were great to add to "They new amiibo"
I did find out Monday is still a go for in-store preorders.

However it doesn't sound like they have any idea how many they'll have, but that "quantities will be limited" and to "contact you local store for more details."

Now to see if I have Monday off work or not...

Guess i'll show up at 8 am and play 3DS until they open :/

izakq

Got this one as well for my Lucina pre-order. Should I wait until June then?

Got this one as well for my Lucina pre-order. Should I wait until June then?

I wouldn't cancel it unless you find her elsewhere.

I got the same, this is so much BS. Come the fuck on already Nintendo, now I can't even import these without getting an order canceled? FML.

Sweeeeet, just got an email from Amazon UK saying my Ness has been dispatched!! Hype!

Great news! Im in the US and I received an email 10 minutes ago saying there wasn't enough Ness's to go around and that mine will not be sent til the end of June..but when I check the site it shows it will be dispatched on April 30th and I did an online chat with them and they have no clue about the email so still hoping for the best

crimnos

I wouldn't cancel it unless you find her elsewhere.

I got the same, this is so much BS. Come the fuck on already Nintendo, now I can't even import these without getting an order canceled? FML.

Yeah I'm trying really hard not to complain because a lot of folks still don't have preorders at all and, come on, plastic toys, but this is getting real irritating.

Rocky

Banned

Yep, just got that for my Ness order from them. At least my Lucina has been dispatched already. I'm only worried that I can't get any tracking info.

Drago

Oy, I don't even have an email telling me that my order won't be shipping out, I'm still stuck in limbo.

I guess I'll contact CS when I get home if nothing has happened still by then

Yep, just got that for my Ness order from them. At least my Lucina has been dispatched already. I'm only worried that I can't get any tracking info.

Received the same 10 minutes ago for my Ness..but did the online chat with amazon UK and the lady said that info is false that its already in the shipping dept so I dont know what to believe

mhayes86

Yep... just got the same email for Robin, Lucina, and Ness. Well, I guess I get to save ~$75 this week.

rjinaz

Cancellations...cancellations everywhere... The wave 4 amiibo nightmare continues.

Man that really sucks and makes me nervous about the status of my preorders. So far so ok for Walmart.

Rocky

Banned
Received the same 10 minutes ago for my Ness..but did the online chat with amazon UK and the lady said that info is false that its already in the shipping dept so I dont know what to believe

Yeah, my order still shows a delivery estimate of 4/30-5/6 and the status is Not Yet Dispatched. So I'm a bit hopeful too.

Just checked the status of all my pre-orders:

Wal-Mart: Robin, Lucina, Wario: all "processing"

Target: 2 Jigglypuffs: both at "order placed"

GameStop: Ness, Charizard, Pac-Man: all "open"

Toysrus: Greninja: "item(s) on hold until release date"

All kind of worded strangely, but I think I'm okay for the time being.

Dimentios

Due to the broken street date, there will be no wave 4 amiibo to be found tomorrow. :/

Nonetheless, I still need a gold mario. Willing to trade with my unboxed villager. Living in Germany, though.

Saw "Your Walmart order was cancelled" email and got nervous but it was the two Pac-Man amiibo I originally ordered since I only need the one now.

Fox Mulder

Cancellations...cancellations everywhere... The wave 4 amiibo nightmare continues.

Of course, NoA is still NoA.

All these retailers having the same issues points directly to Nintendo.

I dont get why they even have preorders for these. Do retailers also have preorders for every skylander and infinity figure?

crimnos

Of course, NoA is still NoA.

All these retailers having the same issues points directly to Nintendo.

I dont get why they even have preorders for these. Do retailers also have preorders for every skylander and infinity figure?

Can't speak for skylanders, but they definitely do for Infinity, and have started taking Lego Dimensions as well, so it appears to be a regular thing, just with the difference of actually meeting demand.

DooD1234

I hope Amazon.UK ship my order. I had to cancel my Wario, Charizard, and PAC man from them when I got them from Walmart. But by then they were already preparing for shipment. Manage to cancel them no problem but I got no email from them if they ship my Robin, Lucina, and Ness and I'm still getting charged like I'm still getting the others with it. I hope they are okay along with my walmart orders since it seems some people are getting cancellation or delays apparently.

Just checked my account, only Robin is preparing for dispatch, Ness and Lucina just Not yet Dispatch. C'mon I just need Ness to ship.

Gameboy415

Man....what a stupid day.
First my Lucina Figma gets delayed and then I get this lovely e-mail from Amazon UK about my Ness order:

Hello,

Unfortunately, there's been a change to the availability of the Nintendo Amiibo character you ordered in order # XXXXXXXXXXX as Amazon.co.uk is receiving a very limited supply. Orders will be sent out on a "first come, first served" basis and we wanted to let you know that we won't be able to dispatch this to you at the moment. We don't expect to receive more stock until the end of June. We're sorry about this.

To try to make up for the disappointment we'd like to offer you £2 promotional credit towards any qualifying purchase. The credit is valid from now until 31 December, 2020.

I guess a ~$3 credit is better than nothing but it's still a bummer. :(

Noticed at Walmart's site that even 'common' amiibo like Sheik, Toon Link, and Samus are listed as "out of stock," and Lucina and Robin are actually coming up from just "amiibo" search result

Tanukid

Oh gosh! I got one of the UK Amazon cancellation emails, but it was for a Amiibo that I had canceled yesterday anyway this week. Despite some credit card issues, it seems like they're preparing my set of amiibos for delivery. Haven't gotten a Walmart cancellation from the frenzy yesterday either.

This is all pretty nuts, geezus. What the hell is Nintendo thinking?! :/

MicH

I hope Amazon.UK ship my order. I had to cancel my Wario, Charizard, and PAC man from them when I got them from Walmart. But by then they were already preparing for shipment. Manage to cancel them no problem but I got no email from them if they ship my Robin, Lucina, and Ness and I'm still getting charged like I'm still getting the others with it. I hope they are okay along with my walmart orders since it seems some people are getting cancellation or delays apparently.

Just checked my account, only Robin is preparing for dispatch, Ness and Lucina just Not yet Dispatch. C'mon I just need Ness to ship.
Expect Ness and Lucina to get delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom