• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
According to a GS rep, Ness may appear online but the only way to find him is search since they have no idea when or if he'll go up and he has no page.

Said to contact local stores for stock info and was told it was up to the manufacturer if they were to get more- so opposite of what Nintendo claimed was an issue with them not ordering enough.

Nothing really new, just thought I'd share that Ness is probably gonna be impossible to get and more so will be prime for a reprint if there's enough demand like Marth.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How many amiibo are left in the smash roster? Will wave 6 be the last or? I haven't been keeping track*

C57xOSt.png

Please read the OT! I worked hard on it! :)

Fox Mulder

Duck Hunt
Lucas
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
ROB
Falco

And any unannounced DLC. None have been seen or announced.

likely to have another 2-3 retailer exclusives due to niche characters and NoA shittiness. only really see Mewtwo even hitting stores out of that crowd.

LiK

up to Wave 4 and Nintendo still can't figure out to manufacture figures based on preorders like every other toy maker out there instead of making a set amount first. fucking noobs.

Drago

Amazon UK CS says my order is still scheduled to ship out sometime today, so I'll just keep waiting til tomorrow and see what happens.

likely to have another 2-3 retailer exclusives due to niche characters and NoA shittiness. only really see Mewtwo even hitting stores out of that crowd.
I can see Falco being not impossible given Star Fox amiibo compatibility, but still hard to find.

The other 4 though, yeah no hope. Roy will be hard as shit to obtain too, but Ryu will probably be common.

Welp. Just received email about Robin and Lucina.

Unfortunately, there's been a change to the availability of the Nintendo Amiibo character you ordered in order #s BLANK as Amazon.co.uk is receiving a very limited supply. Orders will be sent out on a "first come, first served" basis and we wanted to let you know that we won't be able to dispatch this to you at the moment. We don't expect to receive more stock until the end of June. We're sorry about this.

Same Mail I just got. Except add Ness too. Offering promotional credit doesn't make up for it Amazon

Rocky

Banned
To those who got emails from Amazon UK about delays. Has anything on your order changed yet? Like the estimated delivery date or anything?

Watching closely. Whether I'm still in this or not will come down to Amazon U.S. preorders and TRU on Monday. I need a few others, but I suppose I could somehow attain them if I get most others in Wave 4.

Despite having preordered both Ike and Shulk off Play-Asia for July, as well as Robin, Lucina and Ness from yesasia, I still find myself checking for domestic release preorders out of habit.

I guess if Gamestop finally gives me my Ike (that I've already fully paid off) and I somehow get at least Lucina and Robin Day 1, then I'll be cool with that. If I don't, then at least I do have backups.

Shauni

My Lucina and Robin orders from Wal-Mart are still up. Quick question, those of you had cancellations, did you order them when they first popped like a week ago at 3 am or the recent batch?

Vidiot

My Lucina, Robin, Wario, and Charizard shipped this morning from Amazon UK. Says I'll get them in the middle of May. I have Ness and Pacman preordered at gamestop and Jigglypuff at target. I feel pretty confident in those preorders. Guessing I'll just try to get a Greninja that isn't too pricy off ebay.

Wave 5/6 have me worried. I really want Ganondorf, Palutena, and zzs.

I'm in too deep to quit now. Gotta get them all. After the smash wave I just can't wait to walk away from this madness though.

My Lucina, Robin, Wario, and Charizard shipped this morning from Amazon UK. Says I'll get them in the middle of May. I have Ness and Pacman preordered at gamestop and Jigglypuff at target. I feel pretty confident in those preorders. Guessing I'll just try to get a Greninja that isn't too pricy off ebay.

Wave 5/6 have me worried. I really want Ganondorf, Palutena, and zzs.

I'm in too deep to quit now. Gotta get them all. After the smash wave I just can't wait to walk away from this madness though.

I feel confident in nothing.

It's really strange that my Ness Amazon UK order was flat-out cancelled and not delayed or "first come" like some of yours. I ordered it within minutes of going up on UK. At least I haven't heard anything bad from Walmart yet about Lucina and Robin or Best Buy about the others yet...

Shauni

Say what you will about Gamestop, but I've pre-order 75% of my amiibos from them and never had a cancellation, all were shipped promptly at release, and came well packaged. I know some have probably had problems with them, but I really have no worries about my Ness, Pacman, and Splatoon 3-Pack I have pre-ordered from them.

Fox Mulder

Say what you will about Gamestop, but I've pre-order 75% of my amiibos from them and never had a cancellation, all were shipped promptly at release, and came well packaged. I know some have probably had problems with them, but I really have no worries about my Ness, Pacman, and Splatoon 3-Pack I have pre-ordered from them.

Now you've jinxed it.

Gamestop has been good, except for the entire bullshit around the in-store preorders that they caused.

sphinx

the piano man
since it's 5 past midnight, amazon.de third party retailers went up.

a store had one pacman and one Ness for 19 euros each, they FLEW away at light speed. it didn't let me checkout.

zdefonte

Neo Member
Dang, even a company as great as Amazon, there really is no guarantee with amiibo. Sorry to those whose orders got delayed (or worst, got cancelled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom