• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

//ARCANUM

So my fiancé and I spend the whole day moving in to our new place. We finally finish and I check my email. Amazon UK has cancelled my preorder (not enough stock).

LEGANERD_037003.jpg

there is no god

So my fiancé and I spend the whole day moving in to our new place. We finally finish and I check my email. Amazon UK has cancelled my preorder (not enough stock).

LEGANERD_037003.jpg

there is no god

Cancelled? Not even the "more stock until the end of June"? That sucks.
Well. You're not the only one here as you can see.

That's great news about Silver Mario. Wonder if we'll have another "make Easter golden" situation on our hands.

from where? i saw one on amazon like a week or so back for like 28

Amazon. There were some European packaged ones for around $28-29 but they were coming from Germany with up to 21 days delivery. I thought about my purchase for the last few hours and just now finally clicked to confirm my order. 2 day Prime shipping will get it here Sunday. Yay!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I was gunna say if Silver Mario was Fred Meyer only... Are they more just a northern chain? I've only seen them in WA.

Edit: Lineups for Jiggly will now get bigger for S Mario...

//ARCANUM

Cancelled? Not even the "more stock until the end of June"? That sucks.
Well. You're not the only one here as you can see.

Oh snap! I had just quickly glanced at the email and thought it was cancelled but you're right! It's just delayed til June! Okay yay I'm much happier now, I can deal with delay!! :)

Interesting thread on Reddit. Says the Silver Mario is appearing in the Fred Myer system with an upc for 05/29. I guess it is shows up at Target if you input the upc as well. so looks like not an exclusive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/33nj7h/silver_mario_release_date/

And for Target:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/33np8y/silver_mario_confirmed_for_target_he_will_not_be/
I'm genuinely curious how many of you Gaffers have a Fred Meyers in your respective cities?
I have quite a few in Portland but it seems to me they're only a regional store, am I correct or nah?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm genuinely curious how many of you Gaffers have a Fred Meyers in your respective cities?
I have quite a few in Portland but it seems to me they're only a regional store, am I correct or nah?

None in CA. That's why I was curious if it was just a northern chain.

Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska. They're part of Kroger though, which is nationwide. Kroger buys up/merges with a lot of regional stores. Here in AZ they're mostly Fry's (not to be confused with the formerly affiliated Fry's Electronics). Fred Meyer's their only superstore chain though.

themoreyouknow

StAidan

I have one (Idaho). Honestly, Fred Meyer has been the best place to find amiibos here. They break the street date every time, so I just start daily drive-bys a week before release and catch them with full shelves.

I have one (Idaho). Honestly, Fred Meyer has been the best place to find amiibos here. They break the street date every time, so I just start daily drive-bys a week before release and catch them with full shelves.

Quick everyone, to Idaho!
*edit* I've never seen a single amiibo at Kroger, Smith's, Food4Less or Fry's food and drug store.

I'll be really happy if I get my hands on metal Mario. It'll make up for this crap for me and seems more feasible now that targets getting it

LiK

I'll be really happy if I get my hands on metal Mario. It'll make up for this crap for me and seems more feasible now that targets getting it

Target getting anything doesn't give me hope. I wish Walmart got them again cuz they did a good job with Gold Mario by restocking him a few times for preorders,

Drago

I'll say I don't want Silver Mario, but if I get the opportunity to preorder I know I'm gonna do it. Just like I did for Gold Mario. >_>

That's great news about Silver Mario. Wonder if we'll have another "make Easter golden" situation on our hands.

Amazon. There were some European packaged ones for around $28-29 but they were coming from Germany with up to 21 days delivery. I thought about my purchase for the last few hours and just now finally clicked to confirm my order. 2 day Prime shipping will get it here Sunday. Yay!

i guess it sold out then. the one i saw was a jp wft for 28 free prime shipping.

sooooooo.....since pygehd turned out to be a scam, is there anywhere that has yet to put up palutena/ganondorf/dark pit/zero suit that will ship to the us?

-Horizon-

Wow. Mine hasn't even carried games for like almost 20 years (like, back during the SNES & Genesis days), & they only rented them out. It's just groceries now.

Mine is just groceries.

I'll say I don't want Silver Mario, but if I get the opportunity to preorder I know I'm gonna do it. Just like I did for Gold Mario. >_>

You're too far down the rabbit hole to be saved Drago.

Peagles

i guess it sold out then. the one i saw was a jp wft for 28 free prime shipping.

sooooooo.....since pygehd turned out to be a scam, is there anywhere that has yet to put up palutena/ganondorf/dark pit/zero suit that will ship to the us?

Mighty Ape probably will. Shipping is expensive though.

Velcro Fly

So is Silver Mario really Metal Mario? Damn why do I want that.

And really I bought Gold Mario to trade but now that it's time to potentially get rid of it I just can't do it. I honestly don't care about Puff/Ness that much to get rid of gold Mario :(

Drago

Amazon UK has yet to put up anyone beyond the six of Wave 4, and they still ship to US so yeah.

You could also set up a forwarding service and try to import from Japan. No Japanese retailers have put up anyone beyond Wave 4 as well, I believe. Keep an eye out.

ShyMel

Not sure if I really want Silver Mario, but I'll probably try to pre-order him anyway. I didn't intend to get that many amiibo but I'm starting to want to collect them all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No, I still don't want silver mario either. I guess i just don't like mario the character in general.

I'm not a fan of Mario himself since they started marketing out his face on everything when merch blew up. Kinda like Pikachu syndrome (except I do still like some Pika merch...)

Regardless, I still -need- that Amiibo :p No Amiibo gets left behind...

Vena

I got a Bowser (SSB) for a little toy in the lab as a joke from the Amazon discounts.

I am absolutely impressed by its details, though, and its heavy... really, heavy. We actually turned it into a paperweight at the microscope and it's proved useful for something. Who'd have thunk it.

Peagles

Speaking of Mightyape... Greninja up on their site for preorder. Comes out to about $45 USD though. I'll pass :x

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Nintendo-Amiibo-Greninja-Super-Smash-Bros-Figure/23012851

One amiibo for $45? lol wow

Called it. Shipping ain't free and stuff is expensive here. Wish we had Amiibo at the equivalent of $12.99 USD, but meh, I'd rather have reliable preorders and good stock if I really had to choose between the two.

jls

Neo Member
Yay, Fred Meyer! But yeah, not to be a downer or anything, but is it really safe to say that it's not exclusive? Ness showed up on FYE before it was announced to be Gamestop only..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom