• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Just unboxed my Lucina. Wow, her face looks a million times better than I expected. The details in her eyes are really, really good! Super happy about getting her

ZeroX03

Banned
Any decently priced Lucario available? Any region?

Saw him in store a few weeks back when I didn't want every Pokemon amiibo. Now I do. He's the only amiibo left (for now) I want that I don't already have or have pre-ordered.

prmtyme

Neo Member
Ugh... Is Wave 4 in Europe now? I'm tempted to just import the whole lot from somewhere and be done with it. I wish there was an Amazon seller with all six I could just hit up.

Yeah it released already for those wanting to know i preordered from GAME in the begining when wave 4 first went uo months ago. They shipped me the figs hope they get here. They did say no more shipping to US as far as amiibos are concerned. But they sure take my monies when i buy other stuff lol and ship overseas but i understand to many resellers are taking advantage of amiibos and just Nintendo in general

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's been explained but Kroger is the parent company of Fred Meyer after a merger in 1998. No Kroger, Ralph's or Fry's carry amiibo as far as I know. However, some Fred Meyer super stores that are more akin to Walmarts, sell a variety of products including electronics and games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Meyer
I kept thinking it was related to Meijer stores considering the pronounciation is the same.

Speaking of which, I noticed Luigi was shoved into the clearence area for the whopping price of...........$11.99. Toon Link was as well, but he was still up front.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any decently priced Lucario available? Any region?

Saw him in store a few weeks back when I didn't want every Pokemon amiibo. Now I do. He's the only amiibo left (for now) I want that I don't already have or have pre-ordered.

I've got a sealed one I'll trade for a Rosalina if you've got one.

Ugh... Is Wave 4 in Europe now? I'm tempted to just import the whole lot from somewhere and be done with it. I wish there was an Amazon seller with all six I could just hit up.

It's not gonna be that easy unless you buy from scalpers.

It's just getting worse in Europe. Did a tour across the city.

-Local game store mostly only had pre-orders. One Wario and Charizard left.

-Toy store 1 got nothing new at all

-Toy store 2 got three Wario and a charizard. Got a Wario and Charizard there.
All gone next day.

-Local Media Markt. Was just in time to see them open a box and dump it into the basket of some guy. Two Lucina etc.
They didn't even reach the shelves. Only two left and... you guessed it. Wario and Charizard. Useless for me. That actually got even me salty.
That was all they got too.

It really sucks any kind of fun out of it.

I kept thinking it was related to Meijer stores considering the pronounciation is the same.

Speaking of which, I noticed Luigi was shoved into the clearence area for the whopping price of...........$11.99. Toon Link was as well, but he was still up front.

I found Toon Link at Meijer yesterday, some were marked $11.99 and some were marked "9.74, that's 25% Off!"

Great for people that wanted to open and customize them Four Swords style or whatever but no better than Target's last sale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd probably pick up commons I need like Pikachu & Zelda if they were $9.74ish. Might get Toon Link since Wind Waker was my first Zelda (+ OoT Master Quest), but I'll wait for a price cut or BOGO deal of sorts.

MADGAME

Cowboom has Pre-Owned Nintendo 3DS XL Game System [cowboom.com] for $99.99 - $30 off using promo code Nin3DS43015 = $69.99 + free shipping

LiK

looks like a lot of amiibos on eBay have fallen in price. I think maybe oversaturation in the secondary market is actually doing some good.

VICI0US

well crap.. tried to get monday off work for the TRU greninja thing.. no luck

looks like I'm not going to be able to pre-order.

Did TRU have any non-preorder lucarios available in store/online on launch day, or was it pre-order only?

well crap.. tried to get monday off work for the TRU greninja thing.. no luck

looks like I'm not going to be able to pre-order.

Did TRU have any non-preorder lucarios available in store/online on launch day, or was it pre-order only?
Mine were preorder only for lucario.

Now they are saying no preorders for Greninja, so they should all be available on release morning (which probably means no limits). I couldn't get off for Monday either regardless.

VICI0US

Mine were preorder only for lucario.

Now they are saying no preorders for Greninja, so they should all be available on release morning (which probably means no limits). I couldn't get off for Monday either regardless.

oh, they cancelled the in-store preorder event on the 27th? I hadn't heard that

prmtyme

Neo Member
Zavvi has the yoshi amiibo bundle with game on there website for anyone who wants one. Seeing how much the yarn yoshis are going for on ebay i just went ahead and bought ill just resell that game.

oh, they cancelled the in-store preorder event on the 27th? I hadn't heard that

Wait, what, no more monday preorders?

My bad, I wasn't very explicit. My store is saying they are not doing preorders at all. They are doing first come first serve on release date.

I also know for a fact that there have been people local to me attempting to force preorders early with the screenshots of people's receipts saying they preordered early. From what I've heard, they all failed. My stores expect to get less than their allotment of lucarios (which was 4)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*gets B&H catalog in the mail*

Huh, why did I get....*remembers "pre-ordering" Marth & Fox, only for the order to be canceled a month later*

...ohh...

Christopher

We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Track your package

Got this email yesterday I live in NYC

Jawmuncher

We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Track your package

Makes sense considering all mail basically goes through JFK if I recall.

Christopher

Wario and Pacman are VERY well done Charizard looks a bit derpy and Ness is well done too...all in all excellent.

Just Olimar and Gannondorf and I'm done with this Amiibo nonsense DONE!!!!!!!

Drago

My Amazon UK order finally shipped today, thank god. It says I'll have them by Tuesday which would be amazing.

Glad everything worked out given how stressed I was about this yesterday. Now to look out for Wave 5 and 6 preorders... oy vey...

crimnos

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Track your package

Wow, that's awesome! Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom