• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wave 4 is now out in Australia and New Zealand.

And it feels so good.

ratfkx.JPG

Normally I do close ups with my camera, but the lighting around here is pretty bad today so I can't photograph without unboxing them. Which won't happen until Code Name STEAM launches!

SeanTSC

And it feels so good.

ratfkx.JPG

Normally I do close ups with my camera, but the lighting around here is pretty bad today so I can't photograph without unboxing them. Which won't happen until Code Name STEAM launches!

Jealous = MAX.

Still sad and salty that Walmart canceled my Lucina and I'm sitting here camping the thread again, I thought I was done with that. =(

Maengun1

Wow, those 2 look insanely good. I love Lucina's cape. Ike's cape was one of the big downgrades on him from prototype to final, but her's looks just as good.

In sad Jigglypuff news, I just found out I have to work on the morning of the 29th, so I can't head to Target before they open. Which means I won't be getting a Jiggs there. Thought about taking a sick day or something but I don't want amiibo running my life that much lol. Will probably just use the extra bucks I earn that morning to import a Japanese Purin or something.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah both Lucina and Robin look fantastic. No flaws that I can tell, except for Lucina's previously mentioned face being a little more sultry than stoic. Nowhere near as bad as the old Marth derp face. Nothing to worry about there. Digging the Levin Sword.

Even Robin's book has a surprising amount of detail, even if it isn't legible.

Drago

Some minor thing I've been wondering, does scanning an unlockable character into your game automatically unlock that character for you to use normally? It's something I imagine not a lot of people can test since most have prob unlocked everyone in their games at this point but it'd be interesting. This is the first wave with unlocks, after all.

Ryfferr

Got my Wave 4s. Returned my unwanted Robin and Lucina. Store didn't know they were releasing today but they had like 3-5 of each characters. Picked them up after seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron with my mates.

Also, saw these new Nintendo toys below the amiibo in my local store today.

The Giant

Banned
Got my Ness, Robin and Lucina. Currently in my work locker waiting to be opened. Also pre ordered the splatoon triple pack and the blue and pink yarn yoshi amiibo.

batfax

I'm taking mine out soon. Anything you'd like to see in particular?

Robin's coat and the overall detail on him, Lucy, and Ness are of the most interest to me. Most of the highres pictures have all been through plastic bubbles or behind glass, so it'd be great to see them properly.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Why does NoA hate us!? Can someone please tell me? All these other countries getting the hook ups and everything. I AM SO FREAKIN SALTY RIGHT NOW. Gosh dang it!

ZeroX03

Banned
Also, finally got my preorders for Lucas and Mewtwo locked in.

No real interest in any other amiibo so I'm done for now.

Haha did you order a backup Lucina and Robin?

The general public doesn't know you can preorder them yet so i'd assume you can still put in a preorder easily. Although I'd hurry cause once it hits them, it's gonna be difficult.

For NZ? Waves 5 and 6 have been up for weeks now and they haven't sold out.

Ryfferr

Haha did you order a backup Lucina and Robin?
For NZ? Waves 5 and 6 have been up for weeks now and they haven't sold out.

Yeah, the backups had these painting mistakes so I just chose the better looking ones out of the pile.

Hmm, true about the waves not selling out that quickly. I'd still put in a preorder ASAP just to get that peace of mind.

Group shot! I need to buy a new DI Play N Store case to even things out.

Ryfferr

https://www.ebgames.co.nz/ps3-163475-Disney-Infinity-Play-N-Store-PlayStation-3

Normally $38 but 2 for $30? EB's pricing is silly. Are they good? Most of my amiibo are still boxed but that'll change with Kirby and STEAM next month.

I'd personally prefer it if they actually included a top covering just so crap wouldn't get to the amiibo, but they're pretty okay. I just use them cause my room is small and I need space to display them.

They slide in easily on top of each other so it makes a nice tower.

And yes, EB's pricing is weird. I got mine though at Mightyape when they were selling them for $10 each

Plover

Neo Member
It was easy to preorder Wave 4, but it turns out our store only received three of Ness today, so they had to go to the people who preordered AND got there first thing. There was supposed to be another amiibo box but perhaps due to the storms in Sydney it seems to have gone missing for now. >__> That's the last time I take my time picking them up instead of being there right on opening hour! Didn't help that it was a public holiday today so everything opened late.

I noticed that there a few Warios on shelves and a few more Charizards. But the numbers had already dwindled by the end of the day.

Neiteio

How does Sonic look in person? Also I guess I missed out on PAC man already?

All I want now are PAC man and Ness. Maybe Sonic.
Don't know where you live, but Pac-Man's not out until the end of May in the U.S., and he's expected to be one of the more common ones.

I thought I was out of the amiibo game but they keep pulling me back in. My Ness should be here early next Month and I'm keeping my eye out for a Robin amiibo (and maybe Wario)

Any interest in an Amiibo IRC channel?

Guess I'll post it here too.
Got the Wii fit trainer I ordered. (Bad 3DS made pic)
CnyNi74.png

!8 Euro. Shipping included. Not bad

Another round around the city. They had a few more Wario and Charizard.
None of the others though.

Jawmuncher

Some minor thing I've been wondering, does scanning an unlockable character into your game automatically unlock that character for you to use normally? It's something I imagine not a lot of people can test since most have prob unlocked everyone in their games at this point but it'd be interesting. This is the first wave with unlocks, after all.

That would be a cool little addition. Guess I can try at some point.

Razmos

I can't believe the price on these things now. (at least on Shopto)

When amiibo were first released I got my Link amiibo for about £10.
At the time of the Splatoon amiibo being announced earlier this month, they were £15.
Today I finally decided to pre-order my Splatoon Inkling Girl Amiibo, and ALL of the amiibo are now £20.

That is half the price of a new game and pretty damn ridiculous that they are bumping the price up like that.

I had to use GAME.co.uk instead, which is something I really didn't want to do (due to a history of late deliveries ect), but I still think £15 is ridiculous when the Nintendo UK store is selling Amiibo for £10.99.

I'm going to buy a Peach amiibo eventually from the Nintendo UK store.

Added the new additions to the Amiibo family:

Didn't take long for the shelf thing I specially set up for them to start looking really full lol. Can't even see Kirby hahaha, he's behind Bowser. Gonna have to use that 4th shelf by the end of the Smash Bros. line for sure.

Added the new additions to the Amiibo family:

Didn't take long for the shelf thing I specially set up for them to start looking really full lol. Can't even see Kirby hahaha, he's behind Bowser. Gonna have to use that 4th shelf by the end of the Smash Bros. line for sure.

Very nice! We in the US have to wait a whole extra month to get they new Amiibos.

How does Sonic look in person? Also I guess I missed out on PAC man already?

All I want now are PAC man and Ness. Maybe Sonic.
Sonic's really nice.

You'll see in photos that he has thicker arms in amiibo form than his in game model but in person the arms don't look too out of place.

I just want Ness... This wave has been insanity and seeing these photos of other regions getting theirs just makes the wait even harder.

Drago

None, as far as I know. We're more than a month away from wave 4. I don't expect Lucas, or Mewtwo until wave 5.
Unless they add them to wave 5 later on like they added Jiggly and Greninja to wave 4, I don't see any DLC characters coming until after the base roster is done. After waves 5 and 6 there's only 4 more characters that need a figure, then I think we'll get a DLC wave.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Wave 4s. Returned my unwanted Robin and Lucina. Store didn't know they were releasing today but they had like 3-5 of each characters. Picked them up after seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron with my mates.

Amiibos AND Avengers first :(

North America is the only region where Codename S.T.E.A.M. is out, yet we get Robin and Lucina last.
This company.

Lol that really is stupid, I thought the whole point in having all the Fire Emblem Amiibo out by this wave was because of the Codename S.T.E.A.M. usage. Otherwise having Robin and Lucina in the same wave was unnecessary.

I didn't realise Codename S.T.E.A.M. was already out over there! So weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom