• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They're masterfully controlling the market. You just don't understand. It's good business.

image.php

Dreams where you find 2 WFT, a Fox and Little Mac at Walmart are the worst.

Glad the EU is getting Wave 4, just a few more days before we at NA can be dissappointed legitimately

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Lol that really is stupid, I thought the whole point in having all the Fire Emblem Amiibo out by this wave was because of the Codename S.T.E.A.M. usage. Otherwise having Robin and Lucina in the same wave was unnecessary.

I didn't realise Codename S.T.E.A.M. was already out over there! So weird.

NA: You get STEAM but have to wait several months to use the Amiibos!
EU: You get the Amiibos but still have to wait for STEAM!

Sense? None.

Found one

Neo Member
First post, (was finally accepted after 3 months)! My wife, four kids, and I (We hail from Canton MI) are avid Amiibo collectors. I'd like to say thank you, as I have greatly appreciated this site, and all of the informative, and nice people that post on this thread. Now that I can post, I will contribute to the greater good of what everyone has been working towards here: To inform others, that are collectors, of opportunities to obtain Amiibos that they may be missing from their collections :D

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
First post, (was finally accepted after 3 months)! My wife, four kids, and I (We hail from Canton MI) are avid Amiibo collectors. I'd like to say thank you, as I have greatly appreciated this site, and all of the informative, and nice people that post on this thread. Now that I can post, I will contribute to the greater good of what everyone has been working towards here: To inform others, that are collectors, of opportunities to obtain Amiibos that they may be missing from their collections :D

Welcome! Your name really sums up amiibo collecting in a nutshell.

Found one

Neo Member
Welcome! Your name really sums up amiibo collecting in a nutshell.

Thanks, My sons and I went to TRU on the day that they were supposed to have done the pre-orders 3 hours early (3 hour MH4U marathon) only to be turned away like many others. We thought about going again @ 6 am this Monday coming up, however, I haven't really heard anything tangible as far as confirmation of this event yet. I did hear that they would have pre-order tickets for Pac, and Greninja. We were there three hours early to be 1st in line at Gamestop on the apocalyptic pre-order day for the full bundle & Splatoon 3 pack, albeit waiting for an hour. So, we pretty much just need Greninja, and Jigglypuff. Does anyone have a link, or some concrete evidence for TRU on Monday? Thanks.

Peagles

So... Kinda interesting... I'm hopefully sussed for my two full sets, but I ordered some backups from Mighty Ape and they emailed to say Charizard, Wario, and Pacman are ready, but not Robin, Ness, or Lucina...

ZeroX03

Banned
So... Kinda interesting... I'm hopefully sussed for my two full sets, but I ordered some backups from Mighty Ape and they emailed to say Charizard, Wario, and Pacman are ready, but not Robin, Ness, or Lucina...

They didn't put up any (or at least many) pre-order cancellations the day before launch, which is what they usually do. My guess is they oversold.

Peagles

They didn't put up any (or at least many) pre-order cancellations the day before launch, which is what they usually do. My guess is they oversold.

They must have oversold pretty badly. I think I ordered them the hour they went up. When I ordered Lucina was already delisted though.

ZeroX03

Banned
They must have oversold pretty badly. I think I ordered them the hour they went up. When I ordered Lucina was already delisted though.

That's what happens when you require no deposit or authorization to pre-order with easy cancellations.

Interestingly Robin went back in stock for an hour a few days ago. Must be before stock arrived and they knew final numbers.

Might be a case like Sheik or Diddy though. Where she was hard to find at first and then became Uncommon/Common as weeks went on.

I dunno about that because restocks are usually not happening here, but there certainly are curious differences in rarity between the regions. Best examples are probably WFT, Ike and Marth, all being pretty common over here. (While Zelda is actually hard to find)

I was able to preorder the Splatoon 3-Pack from Walmart. :D

Did you order online and if so do they charge right away or after it ships (if you know)

EDIT: Doesn't matter, I went to order and soon as I pressed submit they ran out of stock...just great. The only other amiibo I wanted as of right now was the Squid in the 3-pack and also Ness. Things aren't looking good on acquiring either right now...

Velcro Fly

Did you order online and if so do they charge right away or after it ships (if you know)

EDIT: Doesn't matter, I went to order and soon as I pressed submit they ran out of stock...just great. The only other amiibo I wanted as of right now was the Squid in the 3-pack and also Ness. Things aren't looking good on acquiring either right now...

Splatoon 3 pack has been up a few times at a couple different places. I don't think it's going to be that hard to come by in all honesty.

Splatoon 3 pack has been up a few times at a couple different places. I don't think it's going to be that hard to come by in all honesty.
You would think but then again I thought certain amiibo would also be easy to find and I was wrong on most of those occasions. Let's hope that you're correct though, I would really like to get those amiibos so I can utilize them in the game(s) they correspond to.

kirby_fox

Banned
Thanks, My sons and I went to TRU on the day that they were supposed to have done the pre-orders 3 hours early (3 hour MH4U marathon) only to be turned away like many others. We thought about going again @ 6 am this Monday coming up, however, I haven't really heard anything tangible as far as confirmation of this event yet. I did hear that they would have pre-order tickets for Pac, and Greninja. We were there three hours early to be 1st in line at Gamestop on the apocalyptic pre-order day for the full bundle & Splatoon 3 pack, albeit waiting for an hour. So, we pretty much just need Greninja, and Jigglypuff. Does anyone have a link, or some concrete evidence for TRU on Monday? Thanks.

Having spoken to a rep, they said it is but you should call your local store in case they aren't doing it.

I plan to head out to one but like Rosie and Toad, on a whim. Worked well for them.

ShyMel

Ugh that's right TRU is doing in store Greninja pre-orders. I better call before actually going since the closest stores are both ~20 minutes away.

Peagles

That's what happens when you require no deposit or authorization to pre-order with easy cancellations.

Interestingly Robin went back in stock for an hour a few days ago. Must be before stock arrived and they knew final numbers.

I'm not sure how that stops them adhering to their allocated stock. Anyway I'm all set now. Got my first Ness and second is with the courier, but it probably won't come til Tuesday cos of ANZAC Day observed.

Was surprised to see two Ness and a Robin on the shelf in JB Hifi Queen St. Lol at one already listed on TradeMe for $100...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom