• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

I guess it's safe to stop refreshing now that we're about to enter the weekend. Haven't heard or seen any amiibo go live on the weekend.

crimnos

I guess it's safe to stop refreshing now that we're about to enter the weekend. Haven't heard or seen any amiibo go live on the weekend.

Ugh I hate to do this, but Little Mac went up on a Sunday afternoon on Amazon. Odds are they've changed their tune since then, but...

RootCause

Ugh I hate to do this, but Little Mac went up on a Sunday afternoon on Amazon. Odds are they've changed their tune since then, but...
Wut! Are you sure? One of my macs is from Amazon, and I don't remember it coming on a weekend. Oh well, guess I have to keep an eye on it. :/

Velcro Fly

Got paid today and I think I'm going to buy Rosalina.

I want all the smash ones and this is the only way. I've waited a couple months and missed out on her going up at Target the day of release and a few other places. I think it's time to just bite the bullet

alvis.exe

So if I've missed out on all the chances to grab Wave 4 preorders so far, am I outta luck as far as preorders go? :(

I just want Ness, Jigglypuff, and Robin dammit.

Theme to Unicorn amiibos (Dedede, Villager, Marth, WFT, etc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc

dedede is unicorn 0_o
since when lol

So if I've missed out on all the chances to grab Wave 4 preorders so far, am I outta luck as far as preorders go? :(

you might have a chance at jiggly on the day it releases if you camp out at target for like an hour or two, plus i remember rosalina had a restock online during the release day so be on the look out
as for Ness, shulk did get a restock after he released so maybe Ness will too

for robin, i dunno

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Ouch!!!! As far as I know, Ness is done in NA. Jigglypuff, you might get lucky day one. Robin has yet to go up on amazon NA.

crimnos

Wut! Are you sure? One of my macs is from Amazon, and I don't remember it coming on a weekend. Oh well, guess I have to keep an eye on it. :/

Yeah, I was checking my old amiibo emails a few weeks back and I ordered my mac when it initially went up on Amazon, and it was a Sunday afternoon. Zelda went up at the same time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Dedede a unicorn? Man he was easily available here for a month. I've still got my sealed one waiting for Rainbow Paintbrush which is really soon now.

Going to pick up my Lucina and Robin later today!

alvis.exe

you might have a chance at jiggly on the day it releases if you camp out at target for like an hour or two, plus i remember rosalina had a restock online during the release day so be on the look out
as for Ness, shulk did get a restock after he released so maybe Ness will too

for robin, i dunno

Yeah that's what I'm banking on for Ness and Jigglypuff. For Robin... I'd like to get one with as good looking a face as possible since my Marth and Ike are both pretty decent so I guess Ebay auctions for Japanese/European versions it is then.

Ouch!!!! As far as I know, Ness is done in NA. Jigglypuff, you might get lucky day one. Robin has yet to go up on amazon NA.

Somehow I feel like I'll end up missing the Amazon preorders too. Guess I used up all my good luck on the earlier waves hahaha.

So, I can't remember and Im afraid to try and look, when is TRU supposed to have preorders? was it the 27th?

are we expecting people to be camping out there to preorder, or will not be too bad maybe?

If you've had an extra villager this entire time you will cause me to cry tears of blood

Oh, the deception! :O

haha i wish, i could trade villager NiB + some cash for like earthbound D: SHIT i saw a lot the first month amiibos released :(
believe in holiday restocks x flooding the shelves

im going 8-8:30 am to camp at toys r us so i'll be waiting about 2 hours, going with a friend and we are gonna play smash x mario kart 7 on our 3DS B^) , might tether my phone to play online :p

RootCause

Yeah, I was checking my old amiibo emails a few weeks back and I ordered my mac when it initially went up on Amazon, and it was a Sunday afternoon. Zelda went up at the same time.
Hmm, it's been a while. That extra Mac might fetch me another unicorn in the future.

RootCause

haha i wish, i could trade villager NiB + some cash for like earthbound D: SHIT i saw a lot the first month amiibos released :(
believe in holiday restocks x flooding the shelves

im going 8-8:30 am to camp at toys r us so i'll be waiting about 2 hours, going with a friend and we are gonna play smash x mario kart 7 on our 3DS B^) , might tether my phone to play online :p
Hope there aren't too many people. :O

Fox Mulder

Dedede a unicorn? Man he was easily available here for a month. I've still got my sealed one waiting for Rainbow Paintbrush which is really soon now.

Going to pick up my Lucina and Robin later today!

Everything is better in europe. US dedede and meta knight were basically only available if you preordered. Pretty awful when they had game features for the kirby game.

ZeroX03

Banned
Everything is better in europe. US dedede and meta knight were basically only available if you preordered. Pretty awful when they had game features for the kirby game.

Not even Europe. The golden paradise of Australia and New Zealand, where the pre-orders are plentiful and restocks actually seem to happen.

Meta Knight was available for pre-order for quite a long time. I didn't order mine until at least a week after he was available and I think he was up for a few days after that too.

Josh5890

Theory:

There has been no news on the the Marth restock in almost a month and he is supposed to reappear in May. Since Silver Mario showed up as a May 29th release, would Nintendo release Marth the same day?

Personally I am just waiting for Marth to be available for pre-order at Gamestop but who knows what is happening.

Theory:

There has been no news on the the Marth restock in almost a month and he is supposed to reappear in May. Since Silver Mario showed up as a May 29th release, would Nintendo release Marth the same day?

Personally I am just waiting for Marth to be available for pre-order at Gamestop but who knows what is happening.

Well, May 29th is also the day that Wave 4 launches in the US, not just Silver Mario. But if I had to guess, yeah, probably around that time. Same for Shulk too since we already know he's coming in May.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo C2E2 was kind of a bust for amiibo.
I found only one vendor selling them, and they only had a handful. Some I didn't have (Fox, Sonic, and Rosalina). I was about to grab Fox, but I noticed that it was opened. I didn't really trust it, so I said "screw it" and paid the premium for Rosalina.
Then I realized "Heey, this is one less Rosalina that won't be in mariotehplumber's slimy hands. Worth it!"

At least I got a ton of Streetpasses.

Neiteio

I bought a Bowser amiibo yesterday. That's No. 11. But I'm still clean. Bowser was the first amiibo since, like, January, so it doesn't count. Still clean. Nintendo's not in control here. I'm in control. Still clean.

So when does Pac-Man come out?

VICI0US

I bought a Bowser amiibo yesterday. That's No. 11. But I'm still clean. Bowser was the first amiibo since, like, January, so it doesn't count. Still clean. Nintendo's not in control here. I'm in control. Still clean.

So when does Pac-Man come out?

May 29th.

I'm assuming he'll be the most common of wave 4 next to charizard.

So how is Greninja going to work on Monday?
Is it the same as Ness was? A certain amount per region?
Or will it be per store?
I won't be able to line up, does that mean I'm SOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom