• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Anyone have a link to those staircase stands on Amazon everyone posted many months ago? I want to at least organize my Amiibo in some way.

ZoEpGTs.png

I saw this on reddit! Funny to see you here too.

Good luck!

WarAdept

"The hunt is real"? You don't even know what hunting is.

If you could simply "drive around" and buy all of Wave 4 including THREE of Ness and multiple FE characters, that's nothing.

It is when you have to drive 2 hours out of the city to find only one store with them all. Every single store that I called and visited had all their stock allocated to preorders only and it was by random chance that I called a random electronics store way out of the city that they managed to set aside some for me.

Crom

Was going to go to Toys R Us early in the morning but I called and they only have 5 Greninja preorders. Forget that. Would probably have to get there are 5AM or 6AM for one and they open at 10AM. The person that I spoke to said 20 people called already today

I am going to trade Windom Earle for a German version that I can open anyway, Still want a US version to keep in the package but it is looking like that may not happen (unless I make another trade too)

RootCause

Was going to go to Toys R Us early in the morning but I called and they only have 5 Greninja preorders. Forget that.

I am going to trade Windom Earle for a German version that I can open anyway, Still want a US version to keep in the package but it is looking like that may not happen (unless I make another trade too)
These stories are so discouraging. :(

Crom

These stories are so discouraging. :(

Love your AV. Never told you that. When you make a post like that it fits perfectly. hahaha

All I can say is trade. That is the only reason that I have a complete opened Wave 1-3 set.

Still would like a complete sealed US set one day but I am still missing a few sealed ones.

RootCause

Love your AV. Never told you that. When you make a post like that it fits perfectly. hahaha

All I can say is trade. That is the only reason that I have a complete opened Wave 1-3 set.

Still would like a complete sealed US set one day but I am still missing a few sealed ones.
Ha thanks! It's pretty much how I feel about Amiibo. I wanted the NA set, but my streak ended with Rosalina. I currently have 6 of the 8 reserved. Might have to get the other two from another region. Man, I don't want to get scalped, but it isn't looking good right now.

Was going to go to Toys R Us early in the morning but I called and they only have 5 Greninja preorders. Forget that. Would probably have to get there are 5AM or 6AM for one and they open at 10AM. The person that I spoke to said 20 people called already today

Pretty much the same story with me. I wanted to go but hearing that they won't even have that many plus seeing people already lined up waiting (no pics because my phone sucks and is stupid), I'm passing. Just gonna play some games tonight.

Crom

Ha thanks! It's pretty much how I feel about Amiibo. I wanted the NA set, but my streak ended with Rosalina. I currently have 6 of the 8 reserved. Might have to get the other two from another region. Man, I don't want to get scalped, but it isn't looking good right now.

Sums the situation up perfectly. One of my favorites that I have seen.

Pretty much the same story with me. I wanted to go but hearing that they won't even have that many plus seeing people already lined up waiting (no pics because my phone sucks and is stupid), I'm passing. Just gonna play some games tonight.

Yeah, I could handle lining up 2 hours early but 3 to 5 is pushing it. The closest Toys R US is a 25 minute drive and I may not even make it in time if I went at 6AM.

Also, I already have all of the other Wave 4's ordered (except Ness and Jigglypuff) I don't think it is worth it waiting so long for just 1 amiibo.

kirby_fox

Banned
They're already lining up in fucking tents?

How much do they really expect to make off of a damn Greninja on ebay to make it worthwhile enough to camp out overnight? I mean...my God.

//ARCANUM

Other than scalping, why would you wait all night to get a Greninja for $15 when you could just pay a scalper $50 to have it and not have to camp out all night? Is your time just not worth that much?

And even scalping doesn't seem worth it for camping out.

Josh5890

Other than scalping, why would you wait all night to get a Greninja for $15 when you could just pay a scalper $50 to have it and not have to camp out all night? Is your time just not worth that much?

Especially for only 1 amiibo

That's kind of how I feel but I'm willing to wait until the amiibo craze has simmered down.

I'm gonna show up 2 hours before opening. If that isn't early enough, then screw greninja.

Same here. I'm hopeful, but these pictures of tents, etc. are getting me worried! I did go to TRU today and ask about it. The person I asked didn't seem to know much about it and had to ask her manager. That made me think that at least a bunch of people weren't asking about it all day! They are also only allowing one amiibo per character per person, so that is good too. That will hopefully discourage most scalpers.

I'm hoping 7:30/8:00 will suffice.

kirby_fox

Banned
I'm hoping that it's too cold out for people tomorrow.

I mean, if Rosalina was easy to snag I don't see why Greninja would be all that different...right? Right?!?

I decided it's probably not worth driving 60 miles to TRU for a chance at Greninja. I'll be paying scalper prices.

I mean, if Rosalina was easy to snag I don't see why Greninja would be all that different...right? Right?!?
But what about Lucario? I only ever see people bring up the Rosalina situation but Lucario's was way worse wasn't it?

man what the fuck at people camping right now, shit

god speed if R.O.B , mr game and watch, Duck Hunt Dog are exclusives
those are the 3 i want most :(

if i go there at 8-8:30 am and there are 10+ people there then fuck i give up

Well the difference is that Rosie was physically in store, and most either had anywhere from 6 to like 50.

TRU has a pretty hard 10 to 20, and this is just for preorders. And if they're pulling a Gamestop, that means they might not have any out on launch.

What I'm hoping is that this is just TRU being a huge dick to use; they've done this before with Skylanders. In fact, literally every special "exclusive" or otherwise special thing they've had has been dickish with their advertising. "DONT MISS OUT!" "DOORBUSTER SPECIAL!" Some of their special promos have been first X amount of people in store get it. In the end, they've ALWAYS had a bunch of their exclusives, and they usually move into shelfwarming Territory very fast. While I dont expect Greninja to be like this, I think there will be plenty for everyone.

Plover

Neo Member
My store managed to get the Ness preorders in for me and my friend. One has a paint error on his hat and hand, the other has a slightly wonky eye. Whhhyyyyyy must I be so pedantic about paint jobs? Feels bad man.

kirby_fox

Banned
I decided it's probably not worth driving 60 miles to TRU for a chance at Greninja. I'll be paying scalper prices.

But what about Lucario? I only ever see people bring up the Rosalina situation but Lucario's was way worse wasn't it?

From what I recall, there was no limit on Lucario and not every store did in-store preorders (if any did). Day of release they would have 100 Lucario, but all of them were preorders from one guy.

Lucario isn't worse because he was up for a very, very long time on the website and then they sold him on ebay on top of that. And then even when they cancelled orders, they had him back up on the website available again. So there seems to be WAY less Greninja than before or a MUCH higher demand, because if someone could get 100 of Lucario at one store but a lot of us have problems getting just 1 Greninja...

Ryfferr

My store managed to get the Ness preorders in for me and my friend. One has a paint error on his hat and hand, the other has a slightly wonky eye. Whhhyyyyyy must I be so pedantic about paint jobs? Feels bad man.

This is why I preordered an extra Robin and Lucina and just picked the better ones out of the pile and returned the rejects.

Kenai

I think ppl are basing it off Lucario.

Although perhaps that experience makes people less interested this go around?

Either way, gl tomorrow...

Fox Mulder

Is there a limit? Camping over night to scalp one is a waste.

I felt like an asshole lining up at gamestop for ness, camping is a line too far for me.

Joei

They're already lining up in fucking tents?

How much do they really expect to make off of a damn Greninja on ebay to make it worthwhile enough to camp out overnight? I mean...my God.

Who the hell has the time to camp overnight to either gain one to sell for, what, 40$? or in some cases not have to pay scalper prices and save 30$?

G0523

I'm gonna try the Toys R Us near me tomorrow morning about an hour before it opens but it's about a half-hour away and traffic might be hell because LOL RUSH HOUR. This could really go either way since the Target near me had like 20 people for when Rosalina came out and only like 8 in stock but Best Buy had 10 people and only 4 in stock. So I wonder how many people I'll see tomorrow morning.

Velcro Fly

Got my work schedule

Final exams are NOT being given on May 29th

I'm probably going to take a personal day to see about getting Jigglypuff

May God have mercy on my soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom