• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Toys R Us just sounds like pain. So glad they haven't had a exclusive I've wanted yet. Hopefully they never do. Only need a few more and I really hope they aren't exclusive.

But out of Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit, and Zero Suit Samus. One of them I already expect will fall victim.

HUELEN10

BIKNEpx.jpg
Woot!

ChaosXVI

I live in a pretty small city, of around 50K people...Toys R Us doesn't open until 10, and I am done with work at 10:30. What does anyone think my chances are of a Greninja preorder?

Vidiot

I so can't wait until the smash line is over. I'm in too deep to quit now but one I've finally collected ask the smash line I'm not touching another amiibo line (fuck it not even zelda) unless nintendo get their shit together.

Jawmuncher

I so can't wait until the smash line is over. I'm in too deep to quit now but one I've finally collected ask the smash line I'm not touching another amiibo line (fuck it not even zelda) unless nintendo get their shit together.

I only see the issue sticking around for smash. Once it's done things should be ok. Maybe not perfect but definitley not to this scale.

georly

I'm going around 8am. If I see more than 10 people I'm going directly to work!

That's what I did. 8 AM, 20 people in line, turned around, went to work. 2 hours of my time could buy me amiibo from scalpers (which i'd rather not do). Not wasting 2 hours for nothing. Screw this amiibo madness. Lucario was my wave 3 bane, greninja is my wave 4.

If target delivers, I should get an extra jigglypuff which i'm willing to trade for a greninja.

RootCause

That's what I did. 8 AM, 20 people in line, turned around, went to work. 2 hours of my time could buy me amiibo from scalpers (which i'd rather not do). Not wasting 2 hours for nothing. Screw this amiibo madness. Lucario was my wave 3 bane, greninja is my wave 4.
Where are you from? I'm like 15 minute away from my try. Hope there aren't many people.

georly

Where are you from? I'm like 15 minute away from my try. Hope there aren't many people.

The DC metro area. For reference, I showed up an hour early for lucario (on release day) and was 3rd in line back then (store only had one extra). By 10 AM there were 8 people in line. Was kinda hoping the situation would be similar today. Nope.

My co-workers showed up at 7:30 and were 15th in line at the Toys R Us in Winston Salem, NC.

I hope they all get one but sheesh this is nuts.

Geedorah

My co-workers showed up at 7:30 and were 15th in line at the Toys R Us in Winston Salem, NC.

I hope they all get one but sheesh this is nuts.

Same story - but Cary, NC. The store only had 10 preorders, so I got boned.

Here is to hoping someone here will be open to trading - I have quite a nice closet of trade fodder, so fingers-crossed...

I'll also ask when the first guy started camping

First guy at our location was there before 5AM, the dedication is real

RootCause

The DC metro area. For reference, I showed up an hour early for lucario (on release day) and was 3rd in line back then (store only had one extra). By 10 AM there were 8 people in line. Was kinda hoping the situation would be similar today. Nope.
Okay, thanks. I was one of the first to get lucario. No issues, but there wasn't an announcement for preorders. So it might be much harder for me this time.

Well the "good" thing is that'll it'll be like $40 on release date since everyone will be trying to get rid of him asap
Might go $30 -$40 from impatient sellers

Last resort though which is a bummer to say lol

kirby_fox

Banned
Yawn. Just woke up, how's the li-

oh....those are long. I wonder how bad it is at mine. I'll head out shortly, it's cold as balls out there.

Kilau

Well, I got to my tru at about 7:30am. Saw a bunch of cars already there, couldn't tell how many people in line though because it was covered.

Walk up, lol 20+ people already with 2 and half hours to go, all there for Greninja. I had a good wave 4 run...

georly

all that effort is worth a couple of bucks for them. saved me gas money and time.

I mean, I guess they waited several hours of their time. Probably 3-8 hours for some. If they want 40 bucks for 8 hours of work, good on them for working less than minimum wage.

crimnos

all that effort is worth a couple of bucks for them. saved me gas money and time.

I was going to say, this might be the one time that paying scalper prices is warranted. Wonder if the price of all this hassle will end up baked in and Greninja will be one of the more expensive amiibo.

10 people in lin . I got out to go wait and was #12. Some people came after me and its pouring rain here, and cold. A woman finally comes out at 8:30 and says they only have 10 of each to preorder. What the fuck. Who even decided that's all TRU is gonna alot per store?

Absolute insanity. 110% done with this nonsense. If someone has an extra they might not want, let me know otherwise I guess I'll skip greninja because I'm not paying $30-$40 for him.

LiK

I mean, I guess they waited several hours of their time. Probably 3-8 hours for some. If they want 40 bucks for 8 hours of work, good on them for working less than minimum wage.

I was going to say, this might be the one time that paying scalper prices is warranted. Wonder if the price of all this hassle will end up baked in and Greninja will be one of the more expensive amiibo.

haha yea, with ebay fees and paypal fees, they get even less. hope it was worth it for them.

crimnos

10 people in lin . I got out to go wait and was #12. Some people came after me and its pouring rain here, and cold. A woman finally comes out at 8:30 and says they only have 10 of each to preorder. What the fuck. Who even decided that's all TRU is gonna alot per store?

Absolute insanity. 110% done with this nonsense. If someone has an extra they might not want, let me know otherwise I guess I'll skip greninja because I'm not paying $30-$40 for him.

Wow, even Pac-Man is that limited? That's insane.

Geedorah

Well there are like 14 people here.

And I vaguely remember the guy said 10-15 greninjas would be available

Might just take the semi L and go home

It is either 10 or 20 per store, iirc - based on how many other TRU are in the area mostly. I'd try and confirm your store is a 10 or a 20, but sounds pretty unlikely. Wishin' you all the best.

Wow, even Pac-Man is that limited? That's insane.

Pretty sure everyone that is refering to a "he" is talking about Greninja

crimnos

It is either 10 or 20 per store, iirc - based on how many other TRU are in the area mostly. I'd try and confirm your store is a 10 or a 20, but sounds pretty unlikely. Wishin' you all the best.

Pretty sure everyone that is refering to a "he" is talking about Greninja

Nah the post I quoted specifically said 10 "of each", which implies Pac-man is limited to 10 as well. Thought he would be the prize if you didn't get a Greninja. Seems not. I thought I heard that Pac is actually surprisingly hard to find in Europe?

^^ Ah there we go.

Geedorah

Nah the post I quoted specifically said 10 "of each", which implies Pac-man is limited to 10 as well. Thought he would be the prize if you didn't get a Greninja. Seems not.

Just 'cause they are limiting preorders on Pacman doesn't at all mean he will be limited though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still think pac man x charizard x wario will be flooded

That's just insane if they aren't
Yeah, those three will easily be the most common out of Wave 4. Charizard &/or Wario might be uncommon, but Pac Man is one of the biggest names in gaming, so I'm sure he won't be hard to find at all (at least eventually).

Also helps I could've sworn Mario Party 10 leaked that there would be another Wario but in yellow outfit form for the Super Mario line.

I've about given up on preordering Wave 4. If preorders open again at Walmart/TRU/BB etc., I'm certain I'll miss it again and when Amazon finally decides to open their orders I know I'll be out of luck, too.

I don't have a single Wave 4 amiibo preordered (PlayAsia cancelled my restock orders last week) and I won't pay scalper prices unless I'm missing one or two from the set, not the whole wave!

I was thinking of camping out before Midnight of May 29th at Target but considering people are lining up at TRU earlier than that for just one amiibo, and for a preorder no less, my only chances are camping out the entire day before release which I won't do.

Morale is down to an all time low. I only have 4 extra amiibo to trade (Falcon, Pit, Lucario, Gold Mario) and going by how hard some of these are to get in the US, I'll be lucky to trade all 4 just for one Wave 4 amiibo.

Maybe I'll wait for a restock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom