• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

I kinda wanted a Greninja but honestly if this was all the crap I would have to go through to get one I'm glad I decided not to. This seems not worth it.

Just pay scalper prices if you really want it. Camping out or waiting in lines is a waste of time when stores have less than a dozen.

ExVicis

It was worth it just to see a if getting denied.

Anywho PokèGAF, what's so special about him? I know Mewtwo is a fan fav because of the movie, and I know that Lucario is loved because of the Sir Aron Lucario Mew movie, but what is so special about Greninja?

That he' a starter and a frog ninja with a tongue for his mask probably. I guess because everyone thinks he's the coolest of the starters for the newest gen. Personally I like the Grass Starter more.

MicH

It was worth it just to see a if getting denied.

Anywho PokèGAF, what's so special about him? I know Mewtwo is a fan fav because of the movie, and I know that Lucario is loved because of the Sir Aron Lucario Mew movie, but what is so special about Greninja?
Awesome design and concept, amazingly versatile in competitive battles

I was 10th in line, so got the last Greninja! There were 19 people in line when they opened. I got there at about 7:05. It would have been nice of them to tell us that they were only getting 10 once they saw more than that in line but, no. They waited until 10:00.

prmtyme

Neo Member
I was 10th in line, so got the last Greninja! There were 19 people in line when they opened. I got there at about 7:05. It would have been nice of them to tell us that they were only getting 10 once they saw more than that in line but, no. They waited until 10:00.
Only 10 waited till ten to tell you guys they had ten =ten-ception lol

Apparently, my store is expecting 20 Greninjas in and my gf was #15 in line. So it looks like it worked out! Scored a Pac Man too. Counting on either Amazon or lining up at Target for the rest of Wave 4 (minus Ness, which I preordered already), but I'm feeling somewhat encouraged.

But yeah, at my store they started handing out tickets a little after 6 am.

What about the rest of you?

Well, I got to mine around 8am. Thankfully I live in the suburbs and this area seems less amiibo crazy, so there were maybe 8 people there when I pulled in. They did exactly as the leaked Toysrus info said. The sign for the line went out around 8:15, at 9:30 they handed out the cards, only 10. Three people walked away seriously disheartened. And we had about three-five cars pull up throughout the next thirty minutes asking if they'd done the orders yet.

I think I'll just go for metal Mario and Yoshi yarn and then stop. This is too ridiculous.

I really don't want to pay 100s of dollars for these amiibos I can't get.

But yeah, at my store they started handing out tickets a little after 6 am.

What about the rest of you?

They didn't give ours out until they opened. Which was dumb because there were 9 people that waited for nothing... some longer than others. I think #11-15 got there between 7:30 and 8:00.

HUELEN10

Damn, not Amiibo-related, but...
z3ZRDt1.jpg
Today is my lucky day!

Was first in line, met a bunch of nice people. Uneventful really. Talked to a worker when they were coming in to see if they would check how many they had and told us 10 straight up, so we told the same to everyone that came after the 10th person. A few people ended up giving up their pac man preorder to some kids that came near opening time. Yawn.

Got to my toys r us at 9amish. Saw my buddy from my previous job there. Talked a bit and then went back on line. Talked to the people near me and made some new friends. My toys r us had 20 which to all of us were surprised. No chaos here and the fact we might do a campout at Nintendo world store when the others come out.

kirby_fox

Banned
I wouldn't risk doing that at this point...then again there were those pics of rows and rows of Sonic.

Which ones are your looking for?

All I got left is Greninja and Ness for Wave 4. I was able to get the others, but I'll also be out of town for a wedding on release day (or leaving that day) so it's kind of up in the air. I wasn't going to wait hours for Greninja this morning and I had work when Ness was up for preorder so I had no choice in the matter.

I still have an extra Lucario though I bought accidentally- so I mean...

Goody

I went this morning to a TRU closer to home at around 7:30 and there were 15-20 people in line. They told me yesterday they'd have 10 so if didn't even stop.

Feeling bummed I went up to another, smaller-volume store that wouldn't give me a number of tickets, but who told me less than ten and I was 5th in line. They would only tell me they had "less than 10" but it turns out that wasn't the case.

I got there around 8:30, got my ticket and then tooled around for a bit before their opening. Got in and out no problem. They even refunded me some money when I got a Sonic Amiibo and brought in a receipt for a Yoshi I got on Tuesday before the sale. I definitely know where to go in the future.

Korosenai

Got all my Wave 4's! Basically spent all of Saturday driving all around Sydney for them (because like an idiot, I didn't preorder).

The hunt is real. Now I wait for Greninja and Jiggs.

11174820_10153272213098894_7051484656502221244_n.jpg

This makes me sad that I live in America where Ness was only available through Gamestop for an afternoon that I had classes I had to go to.

I wish I could just drive around and find one somewhere :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Remember guys, breathe in, breathe out
If ya worked up, pull ya Wii out
Hope for good luck, pull ya Mii out
Scalpers go wild and pull a fee out
Breathe in, breathe out
Let them scalpers fight, pull your agree out
If a scalper act up, pull Wave 3 out
When I pull Dedede out scalpers turn "Amiibout"

Golly, more of this bullshit pre-order crap
I got to 'pologize to CH4OS and Cap (pa)
But is it cool to rap about how I won
If I told GAF I snatched it from Geedorah and xplicitone? (xplicitone!)
First person with a tent and a backpack
Smartphone, 3DS, and a knapsack
Always said if I rapped I'd say somethin' significant
But now I'm rappin' 'bout Nintendo, holds, and GAF again
And it's still about the collection
Big glass stand and whatever other protection
Store named PygeHD
More bullshit than Reggie
What'cha gon' buy next? Whatever new Amiibo is in
I'm tryin' to reduce the salt
And I'm so broke I wonder like "Damn, will I default?"
I mean twelve Pac-Mans, should I just hault?
What the hell was wrong with me Diggeh?
Sing along with my bruh

RootCause

Breathe in, breathe out

Store named PygeHD
More BS than Reggie
Sing along with my bruh
drunk-john-marston-ii-o.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Breathe in, breathe out

Store named PygeHD
More BS than Reggie
Sing along with my bruh

A Human Freestyling

2 AM in the morning, heard a rumor online
Store exclusives were going up, and everything would be fine
So I stayed up and waited, with no preorders in sight
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
Stopped refreshing for the night
Woke up to the announcement
Every store had sold out
And I was raging to myself,
"This ain't what collecting is all about!"
About to swear off Nintendo, new announcements were made
Now I need Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi
There really is no escape

Welcome to collecting all amiibo
All sold out online (All sold out online)
Only commons to find
Plenty of salt when collecting all amiibo
No preorders here (No preorders here)
All the scalpers cheer

-Horizon-

All I got left is Greninja and Ness for Wave 4. I was able to get the others, but I'll also be out of town for a wedding on release day (or leaving that day) so it's kind of up in the air. I wasn't going to wait hours for Greninja this morning and I had work when Ness was up for preorder so I had no choice in the matter.

I still have an extra Lucario though I bought accidentally- so I mean...

It might be best to assume most new amiibos will only be available first week at the most. Though I suppose it might depend on your location as well and how popular those stores are.

Or you can still hope for Amazon to pull through...one day lol

kirby_fox

Banned
It might be best to assume most new amiibos will only be available first week at the most. Though I suppose it might depend on your location as well and how popular those stores are.

Or you can still hope for Amazon to pull through...one day lol

The bigger question is how rare Greninja and Ness are. The rest are shipping to my parent's house and I'll be back before the packages even arrive. So I'm not worried there.

I'm expecting Ness to be impossible to find, and Greninja to be plentiful though.

-Horizon-

The bigger question is how rare Greninja and Ness are. The rest are shipping to my parent's house and I'll be back before the packages even arrive. So I'm not worried there.

I'm expecting Ness to be impossible to find, and Greninja to be plentiful though.

I think out of all the Pokemon amiibos, only Pikachu and Charizard will ever be common. Greninja will become a Lucario. Ok-ish to find in the beginning.

Ness will only be possible to get through sheer luck or somehow through an international source that hasn't sold out yet.

Neo Dark

I think out of all the Pokemon amiibos, only Pikachu and Charizard will ever be common. Greninja will become a Lucario. Ok-ish to find in the beginning.

Ness will only be possible to get through sheer luck or somehow through an international source that hasn't sold out yet.

Jigglypuff will be rare... because Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom