• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Finally got here. There are about 15 people in line including myself. Someone already came out and said that they only have 9 Greninja amiibo preorders. I'm still gonna see what happens. I drove all this way.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hi all,

Long time lurker, only just got my account activated a couple days ago so here's my first post on Neogaf!

I haven't been as completist as some of you on here, mostly I'm just grabbing my favorite characters, but I think I've gone crazy for Greninja. I've never gone to a store and waited outside it early, hoping to nab a preorder for something. I'm only going two-hours ahead of time, that's the max I'm willing to put in for this, but I already feel like I've lost my mind lol. I feel like one of those characters in horror games, where someone will find my journal weeks later and each entry just gets crazier and crazier:

Day 1: Picked up an amiibo today. It's cool, nice to have a pikachu toy, I guess.

Day 12: I had the dream again. The amiibo were all sold out and the store clerks laughed at me. So I rushed into the store and frantically asked them if they had new amiibo in. They laughed at me. It was just like the dream.

Day 20: My skin won't stop itching. I can see them, from my desk, my amiibo. They make the itching stop. When is the next wave hitting?

Day 25: Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo. Amiibo....

Anyway, Good luck everyone!

Welcome to AmiiboGAF. You would be stuck with us for like forever ;P

MicH

FWIW, Pac-Man is almost as rare as Lucina, Robin and Ness in Europe. He's impossible to get. Only Wario and Charizard can be found at stores (and even then most stores only got three of those. 1 of the other 4. The fact that most US Toys R Us seem to get 10 Greninja is insane by EU standards

Cappa

Banned
FWIW, Pac-Man is almost as rare as Lucina, Robin and Ness in Europe. He's impossible to get. Only Wario and Charizard can be found at stores (and even then most stores only got three of those. 1 of the other 4. The fact that most US Toys R Us seem to get 10 Greninja is insane by EU standards

Rarity in Europe is

Ness, pacman, Robin/lucina in that order...

RootCause

My entire collection is US and I keep them in box, so yes, I need american box :(

image.php
Don't tease me bro. :(

kirby_fox

Banned
15 in line when I drove by. Hurt to know towards the end was a woman with a real young kid, not going to get one.

Got my donuts and drove by again to go home. Over 20, and suddenly towards the front I saw it looked like some guys were trying to sneak in with others they knew.

While I hate to judge, from their clothing style I was happy I didn't get there earlier.

Well I missed out
I am just gonna get pac man lol

They only got 10 of each
I really should get my license since the last greninja came at 8 am

I got here at 9 am by bus

L B^)

Times were
#1 - 11 pm last night , SHIT
#2-5 - 6 AM 0_o
#5-8 - 7:30 am
#9 - 7:50am

Animekatt

I was so glad they gave out the tickets two hours ago. It's been raining off and on here (Sanford, FL). I was #2 in line, so was definitely able to secure a Greninja. They only had 10 presells. U.S. Wave 4 is complete.

ChaosXVI

Whenever I get off work I'm going to drive by my TRU...if the Gamestop line for Ness is any indication, I might be OK, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Couldn't get a Greninja amiibo. :( I did get a Pac-Man amiibo though so I could probably use that as trade.

Better trade x sell that the first week cause it'll be like a shiek situation I think

If that buy 1 get 1 40% off is still going on I'll buy a Yoshi and DK the albino god

paulny78

Neo Member
I was 9th in line - my TRU had 5 Greninja preorders. The store manager stated that his store was the biggest and sold the most amiibos in his entire district and was really disappointed that they only got 5.

Geedorah

5 for customers, 5 for employees :p
Exactly

I was 9th in line - my TRU had 5 Greninja preorders. The store manager stated that his store was the biggest and sold the most amiibos in his entire district and was really disappointed that they only got 5.

I... I wouldn't be shocked to find out that 5 of them were claimed by employees - pretty much everywhere has been saying either 10 or 20 per store, this is the first I've ever heard of less.

paulny78

Neo Member
Exactly

I... I wouldn't be shocked to find out that 5 of them were claimed by employees - pretty much everywhere has been saying either 10 or 20 per store, this is the first I've ever heard of less.

Sadly - yeah. But surprisingly, the Pac-Man pre-orders ran out before the 5 Greninja ones!

When I got there I was #10. Even the guys in line were saying "You're lucky! You're number 10. They said they only are going to have 10."

20 minutes before they opened, they handed out the tickets. They handed out 9.

I feel so awful right now :(

When I got there I was #10. Even the guys in line were saying "You're lucky! You're number 10. They only are going to have 10."

20 minutes before they opened, they handed out the tickets. They handed out 9.

I feel so awful right now :(

:(

Employee must have got it then , bummer man

Someone said it but they only had 10 or 20

Crom

Exactly

I called my Toys R Us on Sunday and they said that they only had 5. They said 20 other people had called that day. I didn't bother showing up.

I was suspecting that employees got 5 too because I live in a big city and only getting 5 is insane.

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
Barely managed to get a Greninja (thankfully my local TRU is awesome at this stuff) but this is getting to be pure insanity, if not already. Diggeh! The salt shakers!

Ok, so fuck this Greninja noise.

Can someone explain how importing and things work? I checked out AmiAmi once and signed up but never really went anywhere from there. Where's the best place to maybe check for Greninja now? I'd love to get another Lucina or something too but Im not gonna press my luck at this point.

Got another three identical E-Mails from Amazon.UK

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on *********
"amiibo Smash Robin (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:
One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
WHY WAS THE DELIVERY ESTIMATE CHANGED?
While we do our best to stick to these estimates, unexpected fluctuations in supply or demand, manufacturing issues, or release date changes for new products can occasionally add time to our original availability estimates.

Thanks for nothing Amazon.UK.

Yeah, I'll try trading, and if not, ugh. I really really don't want to promote/help scalpers.

Scalpers can buzz off. I'll never pay 30+ for any Amiibo.

Cappa

Banned

Can someone explain how importing and things work? I checked out AmiAmi once and signed up but never really went anywhere from there. Where's the best place to maybe check for Greninja now? I'd love to get another Lucina or something too but Im not gonna press my luck at this point.
You might be out of luck.... Greninja preorders in Europe went up almost two weeks ago and sold out in minutes . Best bet is eBay or Japan like PlayAsia amiami etc

HUELEN10

Okay, so at the register, one of 3 open, the cashier lady accidentally scanned my GRENINJA card TWICE. Now I wanted pac and greninja on 2 separate receipts, and I paid with cash, so it went through the system just fine, but the guy that got fucked over got PISSED. At first, I was just gonna give him the slip for his dollar as getting 2 wasn't my intention (though even the TRU employee said it was her bad and they couldn't force me), but then this shitlord started threatening me. I put him in his place, and realized this is the same guy who earlier this morning was boasting about scalpi the damned thing.

He calmed down and said sorry, "we'll do this the easy way, my bad; here's your dollar".

I said no.

I told him I don't like being threatened, and left; he was floored and fuming. The TRU reps started to offer him a free 20 dollar gift card for the mistake, but he just stormed off to his... Mom's car.

X_X

XD

As for me, I ran towards the parking lot to the 21st person in line, who was this middle schooler who was there with his mom (it's break already here), yelled WAIT, and told them to buy me an Egg McMuffin for exchange.

I got my breakfast at a slight discount, a "Biff" got denied for the shitlord he was, and a kid went home happy.

Today was a good day. Sad part is, this is NOT the first time something like this has happened.

-Horizon-

Amiami: you place your (pre)order, choose your shipping and payment method, receive a notification maybe a week before release date to pay for your order. Wait a few days, sign for your order when they knock on your door, open your order and ta da your done.

I got to my toys r us at 8:30am there were 4 people in line, the same usual suspects I saw at other amiibo preorder days.

I was number 5 and got my pac man and greninja ordered, my store got 10, and about 11 people showed up. The eleventh was too late at 9:30am. It was relatively orderly and fine. My account sounds rather benign compared to the horror stories on here.

The bane of my existence is Ness.

ExVicis

I kinda wanted a Greninja but honestly if this was all the crap I would have to go through to get one I'm glad I decided not to. This seems not worth it.

RootCause

I got to my toys r us at 8:30am there were 4 people in line, the same usual suspects I saw at other amiibo preorder days.

I was number 5 and got my pac man and greninja ordered, my store got 10, and about 11 people showed up. The eleventh was too late at 9:30am. It was relatively orderly and fine. My account sounds rather benign compared to the horror stories on here.

The bane of my existence is Ness.
Pretty calm here. Got 10 slips. I was twelve. Not bad, talked and joked with with the other dood. Now on my way back. Think I'm just going to import from bow on, or buy from a scalper. Time is money.

RootCause

Amiami: you place your (pre)order, choose your shipping and payment method, receive a notification maybe a week before release date to pay for your order. Wait a few days, sign for your order when they knock on your door, open your order and ta da your done.
Do I need to forward it something? Help me hori. "_"

HUELEN10

I kinda wanted a Greninja but honestly if this was all the crap I would have to go through to get one I'm glad I decided not to. This seems not worth it.

It was worth it just to see a if getting denied.

Anywho PokèGAF, what's so special about him? I know Mewtwo is a fan fav because of the movie, and I know that Lucario is loved because of the Sir Aron Lucario Mew movie, but what is so special about Greninja?

Went to 1 location and I was #11 at 720am. #10 got there at 705am! Missed by 15 minutes. So i went to another location near my work and was #15 @ 755 and they both ended up having 10 each.

Missed Greninja by 5 minutes online and 15 minutes @ store. My luck sucks. Hate you NOA

Waste of almost 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom