• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I feel like "Gold Digger" would make a perfect song for amiibo.

Or should it be "Gold Diggeh?"
He takes my amiibos when I'm in need
Yeah he's a trifling friend indeed
Oh he's a gold Diggeh all over GAF
That digs on me

(He gives me amiibos)
Now I ain't sayin' he's a gold Diggeh (when I'm in need)
But his Line alerts are really meh
(He gives me amiibos)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold Diggeh (when I'm in need)
But his Line alerts are pretty meh
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls Diggeh pls (I gotta buy)
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That digs on me

(He gives me amiibos)
(He gives me amiibos)
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls

CNgVVD3.gif

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Or alternatively:

(He gives me amiibos)
But he hogs amiibos like a piggeh
(He gives me amiibos)
But he hogs amiibos like a piggeh
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls

AdanVC

Got all my Wave 4's! Basically spent all of Saturday driving all around Sydney for them (because like an idiot, I didn't preorder).

The hunt is real. Now I wait for Greninja and Jiggs.

11174820_10153272213098894_7051484656502221244_n.jpg

So cool... i want to cry. Can't believe we're still a month away to get them in 'murica. Well not exactly, cuz everything will be sold out in a day and a half and there will never be restock except for Wario.

Rizific

I guess I'm out. It's ridiculous how I couldn't even put in a PRE ORDER for this wave. I guess next wave they'll have pre orders for the pre orders. Ill just stick to checking on the anemic amiibo aisle whenever I'm out at target or Walmart for household stuff. It was fun. WAS.

kirby_fox

Banned
That digs on me

(He gives me amiibos)
(He gives me amiibos)
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls Diggeh pls Diggeh pls (I gotta buy)
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls Diggeh pls

Cutie the bomb
Met her in a Toys R Us line
With a Samus Aran under her underarm
She said I can tell you play, for how much you will pay
Far as Smash you got an edge, I can tell by your shirt and your worth
But I'm looking for the one have you seen him?
GAF told me TRU had a while to release 'em
And trade 'em, Greninja exclusive, 4Kids
And I gotta buy 'em all like I'm showbiz?
OK get your card, cause I'd rather not pay
A fucking scalper $50 just to play, you know why?
Take too much to touch her
From what I heard, you'll lose ya mind for Lucina
My best friend said to find her, you're a dreamer
I don't care what none of ya'll say, I'll still find her!

I just found an eBay account that is selling a Pac-Man, a Greninja, and then a bundle with both. They were at the store I was at (can tell from the store number on the receipt).

I wonder who it was...

-Horizon-

I have 2 already, it really sucks because I called my friend and told him I picked it up for him.

Even though it is not my fault, I feel like a douche. :(

Don't worry too much about it. Its the thought that counts and at least your friend can actually have one. Previously opened or not.

Where'd you buy it if you don't mind my asking?

No Greninja for me today, unfortunately.

I will have an extra Robin and Lucina if preorders hold - would anyone trade a Greninja for one of these?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Cutie the bomb
Met her in a Toys R Us line
With a Samus Aran under her underarm
She said I can tell you play, for how much you will pay
Far as Smash you got an edge, I can tell by your shirt and your worth
But I'm looking for the one have you seen him?
GAF told me TRU had a while to release 'em
And trade 'em, Greninja exclusive, 4Kids
And I gotta buy 'em all like I'm showbiz?
OK get your card, cause I'd rather not pay
A fucking scalper $50 just to play, you know why?
Take too much to touch her
From what I heard, you'll lose ya mind for Lucina
My best friend said to find her, you're a dreamer
I don't care what none of ya'll say, I'll still find her!
I need to step my game up.

(She gives me amiibos)
Now I ain't sayin' she's a gold Diggeh (when I'm in need)
But she hogs amiibos like a piggeh
(She gives me amiibos)
Now I ain't sayin' she's a gold Diggeh (when I'm in need)
But she hogs amiibos like a piggeh
Diggeh pls Diggeh pls

50 bucks, 50 bucks
She got one you're missing, got you for 50 bucks
I know somebody paying for Greninja with a TRU Card
For Golden Mario and Toad he drove so far
You will see him camping any given release day
Gets first in line and drive offs with the full wave
She was supposed to buy your shorty Ness with your money
She went to ebay and got Little Mac with your money
She walking around looking for the adapter with your money
She got that insured at Gamestop with your money, money, money
If you ain't no junior holla we want receipts
WE WANT RECEIPTS! Yeah
It's something that you need to have
'Cause when Amazon goes up she gonna leave your ass
50 bucks, 50 bucks
And on the 29th he found out it was for Pac-Man

fernoca

Yeah, GCN Adapters seem to be out there in more quantities. Gamestops around here have 2..3..5 per store. I ready have 2 Hori GCN-like controllers, and a Pro but thinking on grabbing one.

And yep..got tired of this ordeal, so I'm getting everything from scalpers. It costed a little more, but at least I don't have to worry about looking around and having luck.

I was able to secure a Pac Man pre-order at TRU. Although I had to sign up for a rewards card before getting it. TRU taking advantage of us. Oh well, my 3rd party amiibo trio will be complete.

mantis23

Managed to get a Greninja this morning after a 2 hour wait. These things are just starting to get to that threshold where the time/value ratio isn't worth the waiting. Anything over 2 hours I'll just buy on ebay. Luckily I had a good time in line, met some cool people and it wasn't super cold.

RootCause

Yeah, GCN Adapters seem to be out there in more quantities. Gamestops around here have 2..3..5 per store. I ready have 2 Hori GCN-like controllers, and a Pro but thinking on grabbing one.

And yep..got tired of this ordeal, so I'm getting everything from scalpers. It costed a little more, but at least I don't have to worry about looking around and having luck.
Did you go hunting today? Missed because of dupe buyers. Think I'm going the scalper way. No more worries.

So happy to have Greninja, Pac Man, and Ness on lockdown this wave....but now I am kicking myself for not getting other pre-orders in. Especially since I woke up for the Wal Mart alert at 3am, but told myself that I wasn't doing this shit anymore *sigh* The plight of an Amiibo collector.

I am still looking for Robin, Lucina, Jiggly, Charizard, Wario, DeDeDe, and Ike (If Gamestop never comes through w/ the restocks for those last two).

I have some interesting trades, if anyone has any of the more rare ones. Could possibly trade a Captain Falcon, Lucario, Shulk, or Pit. If it comes down to it, I may even trade my only Gold Mario just to complete the Smash line.

(Edit: I was gonna offer Toad up for trade, but Best Buy botched the packaging...of course, so the card is bent and I'm probably just gonna free the little guy.

I feel really bad for a friend of mine I met during the initial Gamestop Preorder in Store fiasco. He was so sure he could grab a Greninja from the Toysrus he went to today (not the one I went to) but he was 15th in line. So he missed out. Then apparently his "friend" tells him that he managed to snag a 4th Greninja. This guy has four Greninjas and won't sell him one at cost, no, only offers to either trade him for one of my friend's rare ones or sell him it at some absurd scalper price. It's kinda disgusting what this amiibo craze brings out in some people.

So happy to have Greninja, Pac Man, and Ness on lockdown this wave....but now I am kicking myself for not getting other pre-orders in. Especially since I woke up for the Wal Mart alert at 3am, but told myself that I wasn't doing this shit anymore *sigh* The plight of an Amiibo collector.

I am still looking for Robin, Lucina, Jiggly, Charizard, Wario, DeDeDe, and Ike (If Gamestop never comes through w/ the restocks for those last two).

I have some interesting trades, if anyone has any of the more rare ones. Could possibly trade a Captain Falcon, Lucario, or Pit. If it comes down to it, I may even trade a Toad or Gold Mario just to complete the Smash line, even though I only have one of each.

I have screen legend Anthony Quinn's undershirt that I'm willing to trade.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3414eh/fort_myers_florida_tru_requiring_people_to_apply/

Scummy ass TRU. I'm so done with Nintendo though, they have completely sold out

Various stores will do similar things to get their numbers. When I was at GS I saw my co worker do the scummy thing and wouldn't let a guy buy a physical copy of Diablo III because he didn't have a Power Up. He basically told him that it was sold out when he said he didn't have one/want one, and offered a digital copy (which was also part of quota). Guy called ahead too and he said they had some... Gross.

Ugh. I would never do that. Scummy... some are just number-hungry, but it's usually on the basis of individuals or management that pull such things...

Josh5890

I just found an eBay account that is selling a Pac-Man, a Greninja, and then a bundle with both. They were at the store I was at (can tell from the store number on the receipt).

I wonder who it was...

Don't you love it knowing that there is a scalper right in your backyard!

ExVicis

See I'm glad I didn't participate in this craziess but like hell I'm touching scalper prices. Either it's import, I somehow get lucky in the stores or website preorders in the US or nothing at all. I refuse to participate in these ridiculous shenanigans.

Josh5890

My girlfriend got in line today at ( am and managed to snag one for me. She is the best!

Al that I am missing for wave 4 is Lucina, Robin, and Jigglypuff.

bumpkin

Anyone who got a Greninja pre-order from TRU today want to trade it for another amiibo?
Like a gold Mario?

I wasn't able to get to a TRU this morning, and as luck would have it, this week is school vacation week. A friend of mine got there 90 minutes prior to open and was 12th in line. The store only had 10 preorder slots.

Even my IRL friend is giving and is selling his collection but won't sell them to me under eBay prices. That's how dumb amiibos are! (even though I said that's worse since you make more money from me without having eBay and PayPal fees)

I offered $100 for cpt Falcon, Fox, little Mac and wii fit trainer. The combo goes for ~150 on eBay minus fees is about $128. Not bad to not deal with eBay and shipping and packaging and for a friend. But nope. Amiibos, when you see who your real friends are!

Josh5890

she's a keeper.

You betcha. She was determined as hell after getting burned with Meta Kinght at BBY (nothing to sell) and the Gamestop fiasco.

The best part is that her birthday is May 29th and since I already put in for the day off of work she is going to have a great day!

Josh5890

Even my IRL friend is giving and is selling his collection but won't sell them to me under eBay prices. That's how dumb amiibos are! (even though I said that's worse since you make more money from me without having eBay and PayPal fees)

I offered $100 for cpt Falcon, Fox, little Mac and wii fit trainer. The combo goes for ~150 on eBay minus fees is about $128. Not bad to not deal with eBay and shipping and packaging and for a friend. But nope. Amiibos, when you see who your real friends are!

That is a big reason why I rarely go shopping around garage sales anymore. People want the internet prices for their stuff but as soon as you explain the fees and other costs they go LALALALALALALALA

Is the UK packaging different than US?

The top right corner. In the US it just says "6+". In Europe it has the character's name and number

That is a big reason why I rarely go shopping around garage sales anymore. People want the internet prices for their stuff but as soon as you explain the fees and other costs they go LALALALALALALALA

The top right corner. In the US it just says "6+". In Europe it has the character's name and number

Not only that, you can't go by what auctions are out there even with a bid on them. Have to go based off of the recently sold, if you want to go off of them, imo.

European amiibos have different packaging yes.

Edit: ahh thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom