• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

So at first I was planning on waiting until I collected every Smash amiibo before opening all of them at once but now that I think about it that is going to be a year away given the longevity of DLC. Maybe I should crack.
or not?

-Horizon-

So at first I was planning on waiting until I collected every Smash amiibo before opening all of them at once but now that I think about it that is going to be a year away given the longevity of DLC. Maybe I should crack.
or not?
Just open them. Let them breathe!

I sympathized with you until your experience with today. 7:30 am is way too late, you should have known better! Especially knowing the madness of Wave 4 at Gamestop, and most people missing out on Greninja through the online preorder.

730 actually wasn't too late for a lot of people. Some people I know got there 9 and were 8th in line.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just think of it as a really really late night ; )

Wish I could. Fridays are currently the only days I'm free (fortunately) meaning it's the only day I have to be productive and get things done. Sleepiness kills my productivity. Whatever, it's worth it for one day :x

HardRojo

What are all these things I'm reading about Silver Mario and Target? I'm not up to date in Amiibology. Was he confirmed already? I figure I'll have to get him since I already got Gold Mario.

Josh5890

What are all these things I'm reading about Silver Mario and Target? I'm not up to date in Amiibology. Was he confirmed already? I figure I'll have to get him since I already got Gold Mario.

Target's system supposedly says May 29th. NoA (obviously) hasn't confirmed a thing, even it's existence..

Frogstep

Anyone who got Wal-Mart orders in the first time they opened still have April 27 or April something for one of their orders?

My Robin still has a 27th of April date but I'm gonna guess it'll ship and arrive with my Lucina, which is June 5th. :p

Any news on when preorders for the second Wave of Shulks ordered via the website will start charging? It really needs to charge now. Only parents have cc and they said they wouldn't spend it but the cc is almost dead and I don't trust them enough lol.

I can't even cancel it since I had to order as a guest since I couldn't login on my iPad. (I don't wanna cancel it tho.) I guess I'll let fate decide what happens since the future is not written.

I went to my local TRU at 8:10 in NJ and was tenth in line. It was actually a really good time and most of the line knew each other pretty well before we were let in. Tickets went out around 9:15.

So how early do you have to show up for Target on the May 29th? Is it one per customer?

-Horizon-

Any news on when preorders for the second Wave of Shulks ordered via the website will start charging? It really needs to charge now. Only parents have cc and they said they wouldn't spend it but the cc is almost dead and I don't trust them enough lol.

I can't even cancel it since I had to order as a guest since I couldn't login on my iPad. (I don't wanna cancel it tho.) I guess I'll let fate decide what happens since the future is not written.
You're supposed to challenge fate Lucina!

Kenai

I went to my local TRU at 8:10 in NJ and was tenth in line. It was actually a really good time and most of the line knew each other pretty well before we were let in. Tickets went out around 9:15.

So how early do you have to show up for Target on the May 29th? Is it one per customer?

It depends on the Target but they usually do limit it to deter scalpers at this point. My local Target (Indy southisde) limited us to two of any Amiibo on Rosalina day (so we could get like 2 Rosalina or 1 Rosa 1 whatever else or w/e).

It was super cold with a threat of 4+ inches of snow and I got there about an hour before opening, still ~8 people there ahead of me and more showed up before it opened, though it was generally peaceful and a lady in line who worked there assured us of how many Rosas were there (44) It will probably be much nicer May 29th, so i am probably gonna get there earlier since I'm sure more people will be willing to camp for a Pokemon in nicer weather. I don't even care about Jiggs but i will "settle" for that for Lucina/Robin tradebait if I can't get my Fire Emblems. I hope Jiggs is similarly plentiful, expecting 4-8 of everything else in the wave at most.

dcx4610

Silly question but does anyone have the Super Mario versions of Mario and Luigi? The checkerboard base pattern on my Mario is really distinct while the Luigi one is faint. It drives me crazy. Wondering if this was just a bad paint job or intentional. I can't find any good pics to compare...

Sonic is all gone at BB, glad Fry's still had some. If it wasn't for MK8, I wouldn't even care but I'm a sucka for costumes. Mega Man costume looks awesome.

Josh5890

My Target limited amiibos to two a piece. Luckily I have three Targets within ten minutes of my house and another Target less than twenty minutes away so things should be spread out.

Silly question but does anyone have the Super Mario versions of Mario and Luigi? The checkerboard base pattern on my Mario is really distinct while the Luigi one is faint. It drives me crazy. Wondering if this was just a bad paint job or intentional. I can't find any good pics to compare...

I have all of the Super Mario line except for Gold Mario. I know exactly what you are talking about, my Yoshi has the faint checkerboard pattern issue. It's so bad that you have to really look hard to even see it, and if you didn't know about it you would think the base is just a solid light grey.

My Mario and Luigi are both fine though.

Mistle

Got Ness and Pacman. They look great. But it seems the production quality has lowered a bit, the seams are very noticeable and lack that extra layer of polish. Probably to produce them even quicker due to demand.

And, Ness's eyes are too big!

But, they're still good figures. Just a step down from the original waves IMO.

Thoraxes

This is what dreams look like, and i'm living one:

2015-04-2802.20.02ayu30.jpg

Amazon UK is now my favorite company.

One detail I like is how Ness' collar has little edging on it.

Money saved here will likely go towards scalpers for Jiggly and Greninja, because fuck that noise.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
or not?

8L01UBd.jpg

Even my IRL friend is giving and is selling his collection but won't sell them to me under eBay prices. That's how dumb amiibos are! (even though I said that's worse since you make more money from me without having eBay and PayPal fees)

I offered $100 for cpt Falcon, Fox, little Mac and wii fit trainer. The combo goes for ~150 on eBay minus fees is about $128. Not bad to not deal with eBay and shipping and packaging and for a friend. But nope. Amiibos, when you see who your real friends are!

I've sold extras of things to total strangers that I've seen in line a few times for cost.

Although to give another point of view, if your friend is selling their collection to get out of the game then to be able to make up the cost of everything they do need to get good money for the rares since the commons will not sell for shit.

So, I've read a lot of disappointing journeys at TRU today.
Which Gaffers scored a Greninja today and what number in line were you?

First in line, was there at 1 am.

I've sold extras of things to total strangers that I've seen in line a few times for cost.

Although to give another point of view, if your friend is selling their collection to get out of the game then to be able to make up the cost of everything they do need to get good money for the rares since the commons will not sell for shit.

First in line, was there at 1 am.

Yea that's true. I've been researching prices lately and it seems the best bet for both a seller and buyer is to sell the collection with the Commons. Even if it's not the full collection it gives someone a place to start or possible dupes for opening or whatnot.

EDIT: For a seller that is getting out and for a buyer that needs nearly all of the rares.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Holy shit.

Z6o5HvU.png

This is why I ordered a Ness from the July import restock, because I don't trust Gamestop even though I stood in line for over 2 hours. JUST IN CASE THEY FUCK ME.

Holy shit.

Z6o5HvU.png

This is why I ordered a Ness from the July import restock, because I don't trust Gamestop even though I stood in line for over 2 hours. JUST IN CASE THEY FUCK ME.

I was just reading this elsewhere. This seems fake, no? Whey would Toys 'R Us refer to themselves as "I"? Why would a refund for an online order be waiting for someone at the store? What does "arrise" mean? Did they mean "arise"? "arrive"?

EDIT: Or is a cancellation of an in-store pre-order yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom