• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Accidentally posted in another Amiibo thread, and almost got chewed out. Im ashamed for confusing based diggeh's thread for that. lol :/

Anyway. I can't imagine Amazon skipping preorders. Though I imagine everyone would have a greater chance if all the online stores put them at the same time.

SaviourMK2

11068425_10205719565723885_3704250392603010283_n.jpg

rdpost.gif

Kitoro

While this is only slightly Amiibo/Smash related, I've been meaning to post this for everyone to enjoy since last Christmas.

Basically, I'm a pretty big fan of Dedede, and have mained him in Smash Bros. since Brawl released.

I used to joke around with my wife about how I've always wanted a Dedede plush, but could only ever find one from the show that doesn't look very cute at all.

So, for Christmas, she surprised me with this...

2014-12-25.jpg

2014-12-25.jpg

Made from scratch!

It's become my most prized possession, and I figured I'd post a front/back pick of him!

Jergingha

Neo Member
For shame on thee!

I didn't want to take the chance and see the price spike up in the future.

I'll probably buy another one when they start flooding eBay and go for about 30 a pop.

That or I'll trade a Gold Mario Amiibo for one, if anyone on here is interested.

my amazon uk import of ness came in today

it came perfect, no damages and its amazing , now gotta wait for Lucina

for about $15-$20 after converting i am happy with this purchase

Are you in the USA? How did it arrive so early? Damn!

Did you pay extra for shipping? MK Japan ones seem decent too.

yeah im in the USA, massachusetts so maybe since its closer to the UK is why i got it early ;)

i used free shipping , i have prime for amazon but i think that only applies to the USA, it said it was arriving on may 15 too

Piscus

Yeah, I got mine yesterday and I'm on the west coast. Not sure why they came so quick, but man, Amazon UK delivered! Mine came out to just under $16 USD each after shipping. Not a bad deal!

Toki767

I bought a whole set of Wave 4 from them. Came in a giant box with all the amiibo stacked perfectly so that nothing bent. Amazon UK has excellent shipping.

Fox Mulder

While this is only slightly Amiibo/Smash related, I've been meaning to post this for everyone to enjoy since last Christmas.

Basically, I'm a pretty big fan of Dedede, and have mained him in Smash Bros. since Brawl released.

I used to joke around with my wife about how I've always wanted a Dedede plush, but could only ever find one from the show that doesn't look very cute at all.

So, for Christmas, she surprised me with this...

2014-12-25.jpg

2014-12-25.jpg

Made from scratch!

It's become my most prized possession, and I figured I'd post a front/back pick of him!

that's awesome.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Nope, free shipping, they're going to Tenso.

I'll be paying out the nose for that package. ast time I bought 3x Rosalina, 1 Lucario nand 1 Meta Knight and ended up having to pay $30 for shipping

Damn, that's pretty steep. Did you use EMS or something else? What was the total weight of all the items with and without packaging?

Though thinking about it, the shipping is not that crazy in the end I guess. These come out to around $11 after the yen conversion, but in the US they're $14 with tax.

zdefonte

Neo Member
Yeah, I got mine yesterday and I'm on the west coast. Not sure why they came so quick, but man, Amazon UK delivered! Mine came out to just under $16 USD each after shipping. Not a bad deal!

I got my Amazon.uk order shipped on 4/23 and it arrived 4/27. Mind you, it had to travel across the Atlantic AND across the Pacific!

crimnos

For the folks receiving their Amazon UK orders, are they coming through the postal service? I'm starting to get concerned that I haven't received mine on the East Coast, but my USPS carrier is notoriously crappy and slow so that would potentially explain the delay.

zdefonte

Neo Member
For the folks receiving their Amazon UK orders, are they coming through the postal service? I'm starting to get concerned that I haven't received mine on the East Coast, but my USPS carrier is notoriously crappy and slow so that would potentially explain the delay.

Mine was through UPS. I chose Global Priority on Amazon, though for 8.99GBP.

crimnos

Mine was through UPS. I chose Global Priority on Amazon, though for 8.99GBP.

Ohh okay. That helps, I used standard. I know some folks using standard on the east coast have received theirs, but seeing that they had reached the west coast alarmed me. Thanks!

zdefonte

Neo Member
Ohh okay. That helps, I used standard. I know some folks using standard on the east coast have received theirs, but seeing that they had reached the west coast alarmed me. Thanks!

I have a separate order that I inadvertently used Standard due to the chaos of preordering as fast as possible
stupid me
and I'm still waiting on that one :\

Hedgey

Managed to grab all of wave 4 in-store here in Japan.
I missed the opening of Yodobashi Camera by 8 minutes, all of the rares were gone.
grabbed Pacman and Lizardon because they were looking like they were almost sold out.
Bic Camera opened just 20 minutes after that. Showed up at the mall doors around 9:57, there was a huge crowd. As soon as the doors opened, there was a huge stampede for amiibos. I ran and grabbed a Ness and Reflet. Then the store staff told us only one per customer, so I was left with only Ness. Bought him, went out of the store, ate breakfast, then went back in to grab Wario for a friend. Next thing I know they start opening cases of Lucina and Reflet. Got out of line to grab them and then I was told to go in line to choose one. God dammit. Of course the line was now twice as long. By the time I got to the front, there was only one Ruflet left. The staff asked the kids if they wanted one but they said they only wanted Marth, lol. Ended up grabbed Lucina and Reflet in that line.

Fun times.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to grab all of wave 4 in-store here in Japan.
I missed the opening of Yodobashi Camera by 8 minutes, all of the rares were gone.
grabbed Pacman and Lizardon because they were looking like they were almost sold out.
Bic Camera opened just 20 minutes after that. Showed up at the mall doors around 9:57, there was a huge crowd. As soon as the doors opened, there was a huge stampede for amiibos. I ran and grabbed a Ness and Reflet. Then the store staff told us only one per customer, so I was left with only Ness. Bought him, went out of the store, ate breakfast, then went back in to grab Wario for a friend. Next thing I know they start opening cases of Lucina and Reflet. Got out of line to grab them and then I was told to go in line to choose one. God dammit. Of course the line was now twice as long. By the time I got to the front, there was only one Ruflet left. The staff asked the kids if they wanted one but they said they only wanted Marth, lol. Ended up grabbed Lucina and Reflet in that line.

Fun times.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Drago

Jigglypuff/Greninja are coming later for non-US regions? With the American wave?
Jigglypuff and Greninja are May 29th worldwide. All 8 of Wave 4 releases on that day in NA, while they'll be considered Wave 4B everywhere else after the six that already released.

So just curious

On may 29th at Nintendo world store , we could potentially see Ness x Greninja x Jiggly x silver Mario x the rest of wave 4 being sold there?

Shit I'll be salty x jelly as hell.

Maengun1

Cool, thanks for the response.

I already decided I'm gonna try to import a Japanese Jiggly, but thought it would be cool if I could get it before it's even out in America. Ah well.

Drago

So just curious

On may 29th at Nintendo world store , we could potentially see Ness x Greninja x Jiggly x silver Mario x the rest of wave 4 being sold there?

Shit I'll be salty x jelly as hell.
Meta Knight was the only exclusive that wasn't sold there and there is no Best Buy exclusive this wave so... yeah, NWS will likely have everything.

Gonna be a mad house. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom