• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanafan

This is why you want the Pac-Man amiibo for MK8. Just do yourself a favor and watch the video. The picture doesn't do justice!

https://youtu.be/thyq4Ftfbe4?t=29

IkSyTY2.png

Renta

Banned
I have a feeling orders will be out and in stock in waves throughout the week. So I wouldn't give up just yet. Also, call your local Best Buys to order for you.

Toki767

It's too bad Nintendo of America doesn't listen to social media or anything. You'd think someone would have tried to organize a campaign about this.

zulux21

I am paranoid as hell about BB...

Can anyone tell me how their past BB preorders went?

in general orders made that are shipped to your home go through just fine.
orders that you make preordering at a store, or using site to store end up in headaches on rare items with the item sometimes not making it to the store, or more commonly with best buy just throwing your preorder on the shelf and then when you come in to get it they go to find it and it's already been sold.

ok I'm getting into the hype a bit but want to remain calm and will try not to type with capital letters

where can I preorder splatoon amiibos I am planning on heading to gamestop for ness if that helps but i'm willing/wanting to buy from anywhere

NateDrake

Have Amazon link open & set to go. Once they say pre-orders are open, I pray to the old gods and the new that Lucina and Robin will be mine.

Swimmingly - even my singles came in huge boxes with plenty of padding. No cancellations, nothing. Ordered amiibos via PayPal and creditcard.

Thank you... This does help. I went the PayPal route myself and thankfully nothing went wrong.

in general orders made that are shipped to your home go through just fine.
orders that you make preordering at a store, or using site to store end up in headaches on rare items with the item sometimes not making it to the store, or more commonly with best buy just throwing your preorder on the shelf and then when you come in to get it they go to find it and it's already been sold.
Ah. Yeah. Shipped to work.

3/4 for me. The only lost Captain Falcon for me.
S...hit.

Gartooth

Here I was thinking that I only had to worry about the three retailer exclusives, and I completely forgot about the Splatoon bundle.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The biggest issue that people faced with BB Ship-to-Home is that either they would squeeze too many Amiibos in a box or they would use bubble mailers. The reddit post suggests that they got a ton of complaints about this and are revamping their shipping procedures for Amiibos.

Otherwise, I haven't had any issues, and I've ordered most of my Amiibos from BestBuy for the GCU discount.

Pretty well. I only had an issue with 2 in store pick ups (Little Mac and Pit). After that issue, I decided to just have the rest of them shipped to me and haven't had any problems since.

AdanVC

It's too bad Nintendo of America doesn't listen to social media or anything. You'd think someone would have tried to organize a campaign about this.

Yeah, pretty unfortunate. They did nothing after all to meet demand... or who knows I mean, there's still 2 months left for wave 4 actual release so of course preorders are gonna pop up several times through different retails but still. Lucina and Robin being sold out literally in a second is a bad sign that things will be the same (if not worst) as wave 3 wich characters such as Ike, King DDD and Rosalina.

Plus a
skinned
Sonic helmet.

Hnngghhhh now I need to get a Sanic ASAP!! Glad he is kinda common.

cancelled my Ike about two days before release. i had preordered it in December.

so yeah they are mostly good but i've been burned before.

You should be fine. If I recall correctly, the only retailer that really struggled to fill their orders last time was TRU.

The biggest issue that people faced with BB Ship-to-Home is that either they would squeeze too many Amiibos in a box or they would use bubble mailers. The reddit post suggests that they got a ton of complaints about this and are revamping their shipping procedures for Amiibos.

Otherwise, I haven't had any issues, and I've ordered most of my Amiibos from BestBuy for the GCU discount.

Pretty well. I only had an issue with 2 in store pick ups (Little Mac and Pit). After that issue, I decided to just have the rest of them shipped to me and haven't had any problems since.
Alright. This all calms me down. Thanks. I wish you all luck in getting these amiibos... I definitely did not think this amiibo stuff would be so tense.

Velcro Fly

If there are restocks after the fact it won't be so bad.

But that would be a change from what has happened in the past.

I am so out of this game once I have all the Smash ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom