• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

Son of a bitch...Best Buy went up while I was on my way home from lunch...Pac Man was still up when I noticed, but by the time I went to check out he was gone...

Fuck man...this hurts.

Balb

If there are restocks after the fact it won't be so bad.

But that would be a change from what has happened in the past.

I am so out of this game once I have all the Smash ones.

I thought I would be too but they've made the non-SSB ones really appealing (except the Mario Party ones) :(

They did online that's how I got him

Yes they did, online and in-store card. I got one via both sources.

They did. They screwed it up though, and gave a discount to everyone who pre-ordered him. It was pretty nice.

Yep and then they canceled them and opened them back up later with higher shipping charges.

Thanks guys. Hopefully they don't oversell this time.

ash321

It's too bad Nintendo of America doesn't listen to social media or anything. You'd think someone would have tried to organize a campaign about this.

Yeah, pretty unfortunate. They did nothing after all to meet demand... or who knows I mean, there's still 2 months left for wave 4 actual release so of course preorders are gonna pop up several times through different retails but still. Lucina and Robin being sold out literally in a second is a bad sign that things will be the same (if not worst) as wave 3 wich characters such as Ike, King DDD and Rosalina.
You can buy exclusive, out of stock amiibo at Nintendo world. Up to wave 3 if I remembered correctly

-Horizon-

amiibo - various pics, including packaging album
http://imgur.com/a/lyf19

qFJRvz4.jpg

0GkQoly.jpg

mJiGKjF.jpg

w09t5di.jpg

4em7lik.jpg

The detail on Ganon and Palutena is amazing.

Just called my local Gamestop and they said there are people waiting in line already. 50 mins to noon. Gonna head over there right now.

So web in store will be until the GameStop warehouse runs out right

For the Zelda 3DS XL it sold out as I was completing my order in store

All you gotta hope is no dummy / slow order person is in front of you

Good luck everyone

Kalyst

Neo Member
Paluteeeeennaaaaaaaa

My heart, it can't handle it. I really like playing her in Smash!

Also Splatoon girl looks super cute!

The Ganondorf amiibo looks amazing. I'm considering it...

Palutena's nice but her face, oh man.

Very smoothly. Got everyone I ordered. Just keep in mind they ship them all separately for some stupid reason
I somehow expected a lot of horror stories about BB... Thanks for answering.

sonto340

I live in the middle of BFE so I'm hoping I can snag two or three ness preorders to trade or sell to some of the amiibros in this thread. I'll report back after 2.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'll take my chances with Ness online pre-orders. I don't want him bad enough to deal with waiting at a retail Gamestop,

hmm, was kind of hoping for a more colorful base for the Inklings, oh well.

Gonna leave in a bit to go and wait by my gamestop. Im a little worried, since I only have a small time frame before I have to head downtown to my classes.

I can't understand why stores but this stuff up for sale in the middle of the week, but then again, TRU did the same shit with Skylanders where you had to be there at like 7AM on a tuesday to get a special figure.

If everything goes well, I think the best option to do right now is to preorder Robin, Lucina, Ness and the Splatoon 3 pack at gamestop. Every store will have the others, and I would imagine they'll be easier to find, not to mention you can preorder at other stores. In the very least, TRU only charges a buck for preorders so if they have those cards you can go there and preorder.

kirby_fox

Banned
Don't even see these on best buy. Where are the pages?

Just picked up more hours at work tonight so hopefully my phone let's me get Ness. I bet the servers will crash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom