• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Pit = rare
Dark Pit = common

I want to believe

tumblr_lmbl9fFGQj1qizzka.gif

-Horizon-

Samus will end up being common cuz it's Metroid. Zero Suit is probably gonna be a bit harder to find at first because of perverts. :p

Wouldn't shock me. The pervert part.

They no longer want to ship my way. :x
Why? Sob that's how I got my Rosalina.

Really? France pls

Wow, so does Amazon.co.uk just not ship to NA at all, or did I just pick the wrong sellers when I tried to order some Amiibos just now?...

They should ship. I got dark pit preordered. Then cancelled it lol.

everyone is hoping they'll all be common haha, myself included. So I can cancel these and have the US version for retail and not $20 a pop and more people in the UK can get them. NOA PLZ

Jawmuncher

Got Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, and Dark Pit all merged into one order. The whole time I was pretty scared the Amazon rep would be like "I accidentally cancelled them sorry". So nice to have this in place now though. How things have been going though I'll keep this order regardless and still try out for the U.S. To help people out who actually care about boxes and stuff.

Crazy thing was that I was just looking at the site and seeing I could add them to cart. I had enough time to order palutena, cancel, order again with Ganon and ZSS, then order Dark Pit separate. My timing must have been literally as they went up some how before word spread. On mobile so I had to get my orders on before I could actually inform and by that time thankfully everyone knew.

crimnos

Redditor tweeted to Amazon UK about the May release date and apparently they said they'll be meeting those ship dates (May 8th-12th currently). Grain of salt and all, but wow.

Meanwhile on Amazon US...

CIubsq7.gif

mhayes86

Damn, missed Wave 5! For some reason my work computer was blocking the previous page, so I stepped away from it for a while until a new page I could access showed up. Too late. : (

MicH

The official release date for Wave 5 in Europe is "June" so I would be shocked if they somehow came out before wave 4B (Greninja and Jiggly) which comes out May 29th. Most likely an error

crimnos

The official release date for Wave 5 in Europe is "June" so I would be shocked if they somehow came out before wave 4B (Greninja and Jiggly) which comes out May 29th. Most likely an error

That was my initial thinking, as well, and I'm leaning back in that direction. No way they release them so soon after 4.

RootCause

Redditor tweeted to Amazon UK about the May release date and apparently they said they'll be meeting those ship dates (May 8th-12th currently). Grain of salt and all, but wow.

Meanwhile on Amazon US...

CIubsq7.gif
Lol would be funny if Dark Pit arrived before Amazon puts them NA preorders, lawd.

Jawmuncher

My order says
Not yet dispatched
Delivery Estimate:
Thursday, 18 June 2015 - Tuesday, 23 June 2015 by 9:00 pm

But yeah the May orders I'm expecting to miss that date. Will be interesting if they make it though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
That's funny, Ness is the first (and will probably be the only) one I cared enough about to check up on when he was available and camp out at my gamestop for hours to order him. The fact that I was able to get him in spite of the adversity has kind of inspired me to want the others more.

I was one of the people waiting at Gamestop only to get screwed over by their system crashing, and listen to the clerk count down the Ness stock vanishing in real time. Nobody in the store got any wave 4 pre-orders at all.

RootCause

Got Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, and Dark Pit all merged into one order. The whole time I was pretty scared the Amazon rep would be like "I accidentally cancelled them sorry". So nice to have this in place now though. How things have been going though I'll keep this order regardless and still try out for the U.S. To help people out who actually care about boxes and stuff.

Crazy thing was that I was just looking at the site and seeing I could add them to cart. I had enough time to order palutena, cancel, order again with Ganon and ZSS, then order Dark Pit separate. My timing must have been literally as they went up some how before word spread. On mobile so I had to get my orders on before I could actually inform and by that time thankfully everyone knew.
Palutena had the preorder button, but wouldn't add so I skipped to the next one available.

Got 4/7 for Wave 5/6 and the 3 Wool Yoshis (Blue, Pink and Green )from Amazon UK

Missed out on Jiggypuff and Greninja from them from early this morning. Doesn't seem they went back up since like Wave 5 did.

Is there a reason why Bowser Jr, Olimar and Dr. Mario have been missing from the EU pre-orders that have gone up?

Seems odd.

kirby_fox

Banned
That's funny, Ness is the first (and will probably be the only) one I cared enough about to check up on when he was available and camp out at my gamestop for hours to order him. The fact that I was able to get him in spite of the adversity has kind of inspired me to want the others more.

That's the slippery slope of amiibo.

"I only want this one because I play as them most often...oh but hey, I stopped at Walmart and found this super rare one...I can totally do that again and again and screw the haters hahaha"

Then you fall asleep at your computer at 4 AM after hitting F5 all night to find out they want up at 4:05

RootCause

Got 4/7 for Wave 5/6 and the 3 Wool Yoshis (Blue, Pink and Green )from Amazon UK

Missed out on Jiggypuff and Greninja from them from early this morning. Doesn't seem they went back up since like Wave 5 did.

Is there a reason why Bowser Jr, Olimar and Dr. Mario have been missing from the EU pre-orders that have gone up?

Seems odd.
I think those are wave 5 b or wave 6.

I was one of the people waiting at Gamestop only to get screwed over by their system crashing, and listen to the clerk count down the Ness stock vanishing in real time. Nobody in the store got any wave 4 pre-orders at all.

Harsh! My local store was just me and one other guy, although I overheard the cashier bragging to a co-worker about how he put his order for the whole bundle in before either of us... so that was messed up, but I lucked out.

Sorry for your situation, that stinks.

kirby_fox

Banned
If I can just get ZSS and Palutena, I can give the middle finger to everything.

You forgot the 50 extra Lucina you need...ya know, just in case.

How I wish I could give the middle finger to everything and call it quits...how I wish Wave 5 and beyond would be plentiful in North America and that none get exclusive deals.

I remember I waited for a sale to get a lot of the first 3 waves. I got them discounted...and now the only way to get some is to pay twice as much or more.

-Horizon-

You forgot the 50 extra Lucina you need...ya know, just in case.

How I wish I could give the middle finger to everything and call it quits...how I wish Wave 5 and beyond would be plentiful in North America and that none get exclusive deals.

I remember I waited for a sale to get a lot of the first 3 waves. I got them discounted...and now the only way to get some is to pay twice as much or more.
The only reason I would need that many Lucina is to have a pool of them...
>.>
<.<

Who do I talk to about getting Line alerts again?
PM Diggeh I think. Though he may or may not respond lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
PM Diggeh I think. Though he may or may not respond lol

Hey, managing an entire community keeps me busy! But yes, please send me a PM if you'd like to join our chat. Now that we're in Community the invites are a lot more manageable.

inb4 Jawmunchergeddon "PM DIGGEH FOR THE LINE HOOKUP" happens again :p

That's the slippery slope of amiibo.

"I only want this one because I play as them most often...oh but hey, I stopped at Walmart and found this super rare one...I can totally do that again and again and screw the haters hahaha"

Then you fall asleep at your computer at 4 AM after hitting F5 all night to find out they want up at 4:05

Oh I'm way down the slope already, I have a little over a dozen Amiibos right now, and a few of them are ones I never intended to pick up... Ness was just going to be my last, the last character I really love. Now I'm looking at those other waves thinking "that wasn't so bad... I could use an Olimar...Greninja's actually pretty cool... I wonder when Lucas and Mewtwo come out... Who doesn't love Duck Hunt?..."

Jawmuncher

Hey, managing an entire community keeps me busy! But yes, please send me a PM if you'd like to join our chat. Now that we're in Community the invites are a lot more manageable.

inb4 Jawmunchergeddon "PM DIGGEH FOR THE LINE HOOKUP" happens again :p

Not one of my best moments

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Not one of my best moments

At least I learned to have "Add by LINE ID" disabled so the flood of alerts doesn't explode my phone with a million vibrations and addings.

Come to think of it, why aren't you in here with us Jaw?

RootCause

I dunno if anyone covered this, but that's exactly what's going to happen. Gamestop isn't dealing with Amiibos in stores anymore.
So they're done with in store preorders, and are going to be selling them through their online store(not web in store)? Crap, online buyers are too much.

Jawmuncher

At least I learned to have "Add by LINE ID" disabled so the flood of alerts doesn't explode my phone with a million vibrations and addings.

Come to think of it, why aren't you in here with us Jaw?

I though I was. Wait i downloaded the app on my iPad and not my phone. When i get home I'll set it up. Must have forgot to make a account.

DooD1234

I missed the amazon.uk preorders because my Line app didn't respond until an hour later. :/

Now how will I secure Palutena and Dark Pit.

I missed the amazon.uk preorders because my Line app didn't respond until an hour later. :/

Now how will I secure Palutena and Dark Pit.

Are you in EU/UK?

If you're in NA then you are still good, no retailers have done pre-orders and likely won't be after Wave 4 soooooooo...

kirby_fox

Banned
I dunno if anyone covered this, but that's exactly what's going to happen. Gamestop isn't dealing with Amiibos in stores anymore.

Got any proof of this?

It sounds like the main issue was their internal site crashing which could be prevented and solved I'd guess pretty easily. The big screwup was that system crash and demand being higher than they expected for the time of day.

If so, it could be good news because it'd mean they wouldn't have exclusives anymore.

DooD1234

Are you in EU/UK?

If you're in NA then you are still good, no retailers have done pre-orders and likely won't be after Wave 4 soooooooo...
US but I like to have something secured. I know Dark Pit and Palutena won't be til July in US but those 2 will probably be rare and adding insult to injury exclusive somehow (hoping it not)

The rest like Ganon and ZSS (and others I forgot right now) won't be til September I believe.

Here hoping I can grab them from amazon.uk/fr/de whenever they pop up.

Got any proof of this?

It sounds like the main issue was their internal site crashing which could be prevented and solved I'd guess pretty easily. The big screwup was that system crash and demand being higher than they expected for the time of day.

If so, it could be good news because it'd mean they wouldn't have exclusives anymore.

Nothing solid, just talked to about 5 different managers I know in the area and their info overlap. Dwindling stock in their stores with lack of any sort of restock available only helps their info. Then again, corporate tends to keep everyone in the dark. Still zero talk about Shulk even though the resupply is in a few days.

I also doubt that this would stop them from having exclusives. These contracts are done on a monthly basis, rather this whole thing is far more likely to be already set in stone rather than they having to try and bargain between each wave. Sounds way too much of a hassle. I honestly do believe that Gamestop is regretting getting sucked into amiibos at this point. They are not going to change their internal system to support a toy they don't make that much of a profit on to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom