• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's crazy how little I've cared about these things since the Ness debacle in the U.S.

Sadly, I don't care anymore either. Poor Ness was the tipping point.

I'm mainly checking in every so often to grab a Charizard from Amazon, assuming he may be one of the commons.

But at this point I figure the rest of the Smash line is just a bother for Nintendo that they're fulfilling purely out of obligation. Technically, there will be a figure for every character, even if some of them are like, 5000 pieces worldwide.

While not an easy thing for Nintendo to do, finding a solution is really on them at this point. They just have to make more, which I realize takes time and resources, but why can't Nintendo just come out and say "we are producing more of the rare characters and they will release by the end of the year?" That seems like a reasonable timeline and it would be enough to maybe calm the concerns of the consumer, which in turn, might make the situation that much less stressful. They continue to say nothing, and whether or not that is intentional, it's pretty clear the ball is in Nintendo's court to fix things.

Until they do, I'm out. I ended up getting a few for my kids birthday because he wants smash and I can't go through this cycle with him when it comes to characters he can't get because Nintendo can't be bothered to communicate so we're returning them and getting him something else he wants. I think Nintendo is pretty happy with the hysteria around Amiibo because that means anything they release is getting sold the fuck out if it even has a hint of rareness to it. It's a shame too because I want to give them my money, but I'm not waiting in line for hours to get a piece of plastic with DLC on it.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Yup. Wave 5 (Palutena, ZSS etc) sold out in less than 10 minutes. Probably less than 5! It was insane
A friend of mine was just telling me yesterday how wave 5 is the start of a new run, nintendo has a better idea of stock, and all those other succulent honey coated lies we've whispered in one another's ears every wave since wave 2. This hellish cycle will never end.

-Horizon-

A friend of mine was just telling me yesterday how wave 5 is the start of a new run, nintendo has a better idea of stock, and all those other succulent honey coated lies we've whispered in one another's ears every wave since wave 2. This hellish cycle will never end.

Firstly, lol.

Secondly, how lewd.

Thirdly, lol.

HardRojo

Wave 5 was available in EU already? Yo damn! We're not getting them until September. Man the Amiibo craze is way too much!
I'm not in it for the waifus. :(
I understand you. I'm only getting Palutena because I liked KI:U and ZSS because I'm a big Metroid fan :p Though I wouldn't be mad if I didn't get Palutena, ZSS on the other hand... I'm ready to go to war to get her (luckily I won't need to because I got my ways :D).

Plover

Neo Member
that's what i hate most about this no stock shit in the US. Checking paint jobs isn't even an option.

There were a bunch of shit Toads when he came out, but I was able to pick the best of the few Target had. It would be just wonderful to get a Ness figure after all this time and he looks like shit.
The neglect North America is shown despite the huge demand is bizarre. I can't imagine how stressful trying to collect there would be.

-Horizon-

Wave 5 was available in EU already? Yo damn! We're not getting them until September. Man the Amiibo craze is way too much!
At least wave 4.5 will be here in July.
And no one will be able to get them lol ._.

The neglect North America is shown despite the huge demand is bizarre. I can't imagine how stressful trying to collect there would be.
Sooner or later this bubble will burst. Its only a matter of time. And then, I will strike.

crimnos

A friend of mine was just telling me yesterday how wave 5 is the start of a new run, nintendo has a better idea of stock...

0dXRpCn.gif

Rocky

Banned

I like to think that our release dates are later than the rest of the world because they want to produce more for the US to try and meet the demand.

ExVicis

Why is it everyone else manages to get Amazon UK order but I can't seem to get it to work and get stopped right at the cart menu. What am I doing wrong?

RootCause

Yes, I am in the land of the free, home of no amiibos.
Don't forget, In NOA we don't trust. Are you collecting the whole set? or just the ones you like?

@EXcivis what's the error? Shipping? I can no longer place an order from fr, or de. Oh, creator why do you condemn me. ;(

-Horizon-

Why is it everyone else manages to get Amazon UK order but I can't seem to get it to work and get stopped right at the cart menu. What am I doing wrong?
You have to be a loyalist and not have dumped tea in the harbor.

Don't forget, In NOA we don't trust. Are you collecting the whole set? or just the ones you like?
Just the ones I like. I would take a picture but I'm not where my amiibos are at right now lol

RootCause

You have to be a loyalist and not have dumped tea in the harbor.

Just the ones I like. I would take a picture but I'm not where my amiibos are at right now lol

Perfect time to strike.... I mean. You let them unattended. 😏
I'm trying to get the whole smash set. I'm missing Lucina, Greninja, and Robin got delayed.

As long as Wave 5 isn't retailer exclusive I'm not too worried. The likelihood that I miss out on multiple chances to pre-order with Alerts and watching this thread is unlikely.

It's the retailer exclusivity that screws it up, creating but one single chance. That's what infuriates me, missing the one and only chance at something because it went up while I was asleep.

Davey Cakes

As long as Wave 5 isn't retailer exclusive I'm not too worried. The likelihood that I miss out on multiple chances to pre-order with Alerts and watching this thread is unlikely.

It's the retailer exclusivity that screws it up, creating but one single chance. That's what infuriates me, missing the one and only chance at something because it went up while I was asleep.
To be honest I'm legit pissed off that Ness was GS Exclusive.

Nintendo might as well have kicked me right in the balls.

This thread also grinds my gears because every update is for UK/AUS/JP/CAN since the U.S. is a fucking wasteland.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed that Peach was about $9 at Walmart (though all gone) & Luigi was around $8.50 at Meijer (Toon Link was $11.99) while I was dealing with the hassle of finally buying & returning a smart phone.

kirby_fox

Banned
So I'll be sitting on the computer all day refreshing Amazon UK and the other foreign sites instead of doing something more fun?

...nah screw it. If I really want Greninja and can't find him, I'll just buy one of those *shudder* other toys they make of him...

I'll take this with a grain, ah heck, a mountain of salt, but according to this:

http://alwaysnintendo.com/nintendo-customer-email-says-amiibo-restock-coming-this-summer/

We’re sorry for how everything went. Unfortunately you are
not alone with this problem. Nintendo has underestimated the worldwide demand for Amiibo and therefore delivered not enough Amiibo. Our apologies. But we have good news for you. The Amiibo are all back on the market in the summer of 2015 in larger numbers than before. Once again our apologies.

Sincerely,
The Nintendo Team

That would be awesome. Drive down these stupid prices and make fans happier for amiibos they can finally obtain.

But, I'll believe it when I see it. Still a tiny tiny sliver of hope

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
I'll take this with a grain, ah heck, a mountain of salt, but according to this:

http://alwaysnintendo.com/nintendo-customer-email-says-amiibo-restock-coming-this-summer/

Can you imagine that bright sunny day you stroll into best buy and the greeter smiles and waves? You walk past the dvds and movies and stroll up to the amiibos. A kid runs by with a d3, another is embarrassed when a mom mistakenly identifies a zelda as peach, and you calmly brush aside marth and little mac to grab a meta knight while two guys argue loudly over Wonder Reds new moveset. You close your eyes and take a deep breath.

You've been here since 6am. There is supposed to be at least 4 meta knights and you're fourth in line. You've got your girlfriend at another best buy 30 minutes away because they are expecting at least two villagers. You recognize the scalper who runs or shoves and the kid who is about to have his day ruined and it hasn't hit him yet.

Make me eat crow, ninty. I double dog dare you.

kirby_fox

Banned
Sorry to disappoint everyone but I just got off the phone with a rep (for a diff reason) and figured I'd ask her if she knew about the restock.

She said they usually know things 2-4 weeks before the public does and hasn't heard anything about a restock this summer. Sounds like this may be NOE and not NOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom