• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has amazon still not gone up yet.

It probably won't until launch. I applaud this move. Why fight over preorders that may or may not be cancelled when we can fight over actual stock.

My God, May 29 is going to be a shitstorm. We will receive amiibo-sign the likes of which even GAWD has never seen.

BTW: Long time no see, Amiibo-gaf! Hoping that this guy selling a Japanese Villager on eBay is still around in a week when I get my next paycheck. $40 is probably the cheapest I've ever seen him resold for.

Also, has it been confirmed yet if the Animal Crossing cards will work in place of the Villager amiibo? Apparently they will in MK8.

Velcro Fly

The sting of not getting Ness is still there. I was in line and was at the final screen to preorder but it kept fucking up. Then I come back hours later and they had just sold out.

Sad times.

Mzo

We're buying Amiibos are cool but the people watching Age of Ultron are nerds? Haha, dude, I'd like to introduce you to some friends of mine, the pot and the kettle.

There's still a nerd hierarchy. Video game nerds are definitely above D&D and Magic the Gathering nerds, but probably pretty equal to comic book nerds.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
There's still a nerd hierarchy. Video game nerds are definitely above D&D and Magic the Gathering nerds, but probably pretty equal to comic book nerds.
geekchartbig.gif
See?
EDIT: I actually like this one better, since that chart is over a decade old.

AdanVC

Guys, is there a way to import a Ness from the places where it's already out in Europe/Aus, etc? At this point I'm pretty much willing to pay anything for a Ness amiibo cuz here in America just just... *cries*

-Horizon-

See?
EDIT: I actually like this one better, since that chart is over a decade old.

The anime chart confuses me. Why would kid shows be below adult swim shows? Wouldn't it make more sense that kid shows are more accepted because its more publicly watchable?

It should be kid shows > toonami > adult swim >= cool shows based on how mainstream those shows are.

At least that's how I see it.

MicH

Guys, is there a way to import a Ness from the places where it's already out in Europe/Aus, etc? At this point I'm pretty much willing to pay anything for a Ness amiibo cuz here in America just just... *cries*
Sure, there are plenty on eBay

Well done guys, looks like we've single-handedly saved Nintendo :p

http://fortune.com/2015/04/30/nintendo-amiibo/

It's weird, this article came out just this morning but it says that only 3 waves have been released and the sales numbers seem old, so who knows.

Quotes of note :

But since releasing the amiibo figures last November, Nintendo has seen an uptick in Wii U console sales in the U.S., including a 10 percent rise in Wii U hardware sales last November and a 29 percent increase for 2014 as a whole, compared to 2013. That trend has continued into 2015 with a 20 percent increase through the first quarter, according to the NPD Group.

Nintendo sold over 5.7 million amiibo worldwide in just two months last year. And the company has sold over 3.5 million of the video game figurines in the U.S. alone.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter believes sales of amiibo toys could add $200 to $300 million in annual revenue to Nintendo’s bottom line.

This one is interesting -

Nintendo has also opened up this technology to developers. Moffitt sees amiibo figures as another creative option in the development toolbox, just like motion controls, off-TV play, or 3D visuals.

I'm sure the article is just mis-stating it or mis-understanding it, but it sounds like they're saying 3rd parties can make their own Amiibos, and call them Amiibos?...

//ARCANUM

Wow Target cancelled my order for Jiggly because they decide to charge the order every single day and it didn't go through today.

Probably because your bank was like "why does Target keep charging the same thing every single day? This must be a scam." THANKS TARGET.

Shun

Update

Apparently I got a tracking number from Germany and this picture...

unnamed.jpg

I'm still within the dispute period and Diggeh and Cyan did tell me to wait until the end of the month last week before PMing them and filing a claim. I have 5 others that I ordered and I'm waiting to see what happens now.

I'm still skeptical but I'm willing to wait it out since I have receipts and email logs.

Will see where this wild ride gets us...

Update 2

So it's been a week since I got that tracking number from Frap and low and behold, I finally got it.

I got Ike today 7 days from the tracking number he gave me and I'm still cautiously waiting for my other 6 I ordered. 1 for 7 isn't too bad.

Communication needs work but it gives me hope that maybe, just maybe I'll be able to actually get my PygeHD orders...

Wow Target cancelled my order for Jiggly because they decide to charge the order every single day and it didn't go through today.

...Wow, that's ridiculous as hell. I'll keep that in mind when pre-ordering things in Target.

Update 2

So it's been a week since I got that tracking number from Frap and low and behold, I finally got it.

I got Ike today 7 days from the tracking number he gave me and I'm still cautiously waiting for my other 6 I ordered. 1 for 7 isn't too bad.

Communication needs work but it gives me hope that maybe, just maybe I'll be able to actually get my PygeHD orders...
Hm... Call me surprised...

Has anyone else received their PygeHD orders here?

Probably because your bank was like "why does Target keep charging the same thing every single day? This must be a scam." THANKS TARGET.
That seems to be the case. Warning to those who have one on order. The rep told me they got a couple of other calls today saying the same thing happened to them and that they're not sure why they charge the order constantly. He just told me that when placing an order next time to inform my bank account about it. Really?

I asked him if he can put the order back in but he said they can't do anything since it's showing that it's not sold online to them. Even asked his supervisor about it.

Can't believe I missed my order because of their system.

Shun

...Wow, that's ridiculous as hell. I'll keep that in mind when pre-ordering things in Target.

Hm... Call me surprised...

Has anyone else received their PygeHD orders here?

Me too. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now since I'm still within dispute period and I kinda feel bad for him despite a lot of his faults.

I'm still pretty iffy right now and I hope I get the other 6.

For reference I ordered...

Ike
Marth
Villager
Pit
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Palutena

ohkay

Have greninja preorders not gone up yet for EU? I don't see many of those on eBay and I think that's helping to inflate the prices

Drago

Weekly Target charges are fucking annoying. I have 2 Jigglys on preorder and that's $40 I don't have at random times. I'd much rather they just outright charge you when you preorder instead of weekly validation.

Hopefully nothing will get cancelled on my end but I should be fine.

dcx4610

Went to a mini Walmart and found zero Amiibos for sale amazingly. Not even Mario. I went to the clearance section and found poor Donkey Kong lying there for $9. I originally didn't really want him but he seems to be getting rare and I felt bad seeing him there.

Amiibos on clearence. Lol.

Cappa

Banned
Me too. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now since I'm still within dispute period and I kinda feel bad for him despite a lot of his faults.

Ike
Marth
Villager
Pit
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Palutena

You feel bad for someone who scammed a bunch of Gaffers and tried to put the blame on someone that doesn't even exist? He pretty much admitted to scamming people.

-Horizon-

Went to a mini Walmart and found zero Amiibos for sale amazingly. Not even Mario. I went to the clearance section and found poor Donkey Kong lying there for $9. I originally didn't really want him but he seems to be getting rare and I felt bad seeing him there.

Amiibos on clearence. Lol.

No love for the dong :(

lol

Weekly Target charges are fucking annoying. I have 2 Jigglys on preorder and that's $40 I don't have at random times. I'd much rather they just outright charge you when you preorder instead of weekly validation.

Hopefully nothing will get cancelled on my end but I should be fine.

My credit card got flagged and cancelled because of the constant charges and my Jigglypuff got cancelled.

My bank even said that Target is in their high end of merchants to flag due to the breach they had last year.

FUCK TARGET

Ike
Marth
Villager
Pit
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Palutena
Well, I can only hope the best for you but I doubt you'd get the rest of them...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For people who got their Jigglypuffs canceled, were you using debit cards or credit cards?

I can't imagine anyone using a credit card would have issues. Pending charges occur every day.

//ARCANUM

My credit card got flagged and cancelled because of the constant charges and my Jigglypuff got cancelled.

My bank even said that Target is in their high end of merchants to flag due to the breach they had last year.

FUCK TARGET

target led to the cancellation of your credit card? jesus target sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom