• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Canada

Target has lost all credibility after their hack. Please stop. No one should give them any details after that bullshit. My wife was part of that while shopping in the USA for Christmas. Just what we needed before Christmas, our fucking cards being compromised.

Ironically it was the Red Card members who were safest from the hack.
So I stick to the Red Card debit version.

Anime

Neo Member
Heads up Nintendo World has Gold Mario , only a handful were left when i arrived at around 4:30 P.M.

I he really is an America's exclusive this is the last time i plan on seeing him go for MSRP.

ExVicis

YSkNTAx.gif
Never gonna get tired of this.

HardRojo

I might grab the rest of the Mario Party line Amiibo I'm missing. I currently have Toad, Yoshi and Gold Mario so I'm missing Bowser, Luigi, regular-ass Mario and Peach.

Renewed

So its all Sunrise's fault?

Also I think that needs to be updated with some Ange lol

At least Bandai will never let me down.... except for kit releases I couldn't care for compared to others.

In other news, noticed I had 3 Splatoon-3-packs preordered and got to cancelling 2 of those. This amiibo mayhem would have set me back more than necessary!.... ;-;

Hatchtag

Banned
Soooooo... Has this been addressed yet?

Edit: Since other people I showed failed to notice...
Dixie Kong. My Diddy Kong read in as Dixie Kong. Hrrrm.

Guessing an error, someone probably put Dixie in instead of Diddy. If you were placing other Amiibo and getting similar errors, I'd be more optimistic.

Actually I just realized I'm a dumb-ass lol. It uses the names you've given the amiibo, not the name of the figure itself like other read-only games I've played. I made my Diddy pink in Smash and named it Dixie Kong lol.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Well my Jigglypuff preorder at Target is screwed. My credit card got stolen so I had to get a new one. Unfortunately I can't change the payment method on my preorder so it's still using my cancelled card. They were incredibly unhelpful on the phone too. Like really unhelpful. I'm sure my order will get cancelled soon enough.

If anyone gets an extra I'd love to trade or buy it for extra. Long shot I know.

Didn't think it was possible, but I finally had an amiibo dream.

I got a package in the mail after ordering Lucina online. I opened the box and pulled out the amiibo to find someone had trimmed the cardboard down to the plastic blister pack, and Lucina was standing in Marth's pose. A closer look revealed her right eye was shut and mascara was bleeding from her eyelid like she was crying in agony. Then I closed my right eye and cried in agony.

Actually I just realized I'm a dumb-ass lol. It uses the names you've given the amiibo, not the name of the figure itself like other read-only games I've played. I made my Diddy pink in Smash and named it Dixie Kong lol.

Yeah when I saw your post I was going to say the game only displays nicknames you have entered, and if you haven't given one a nickname it will say "unnamed amiibo". In fact, it doesn't seem like the game/app actually recognizes which amiibo you are scanning in at all. It always shows a silhouette of Mario from the SMB line like in the image you posted, that never changes. Also, the demos aren't tied to a specific amiibo, it's completely random which one they unlock. It can tell if an amiibo has already been scanned, which will let you access the demo it unlocked at will, but that's it.

Why is it so damn hard too find a pre order in th uk :(
i understand hard to find released amiibos.. but pre orders :(

Only found inkling and ganandorf pre orders, no way I'm buying yoshis land 3 times just to get the amiibos.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not in the Amiibo game. I got Samsus when they first came out cause I love the Metroid series. Wanted Link, but I didn't like his yellow stand. Figured I'd just pass. Liked Toon Link, but never saw him in stores.

Well my SO went to the store last night, and I guess the boy child drug her back to look at the figurine aisle. He knew I liked Toon Link, but never saw him. They randomly had two, and he convinced mommy to get it for me as a surprise present!

Now I have two amiibos! Got them both on my little night stand shelf on my side of the bed!

PS: My SO was like our bedroom isn't gonna be taken over by your figures now is it? LoL

mhayes86

Ganondorf live on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W4YYMHM/

Palutena: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W4YYQZA/

ZSS: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W4YYMGI/

GO

Interestingly, they're saying the 7th is the available date. Hmm.

THANK YOU!

I got frightened for a moment because I added Palutena and the cost was around $40 USD... I thought I somehow got a scalper's listing by accident, but I looked at my order and apparently ZSS was added into the same shipment. *phew*

ChaosXVI

Not in the Amiibo game. I got Samsus when they first came out cause I love the Metroid series. Wanted Link, but I didn't like his yellow stand. Figured I'd just pass. Liked Toon Link, but never saw him in stores.

Well my SO went to the store last night, and I guess the boy child drug her back to look at the figurine aisle. He knew I liked Toon Link, but never saw him. They randomly had two, and he convinced mommy to get it for me as a surprise present!

Now I have two amiibos! Got them both on my little night stand shelf on my side of the bed!

PS: My SO was like our bedroom isn't gonna be taken over by your figures now is it? LoL

You've brought a new curse upon yourself and your household. I started out almost this same way...I got a Samus because I love Metroid...but then my fiancé (now wife) pre-ordered me a Shulk for a Christmas present. Once I had him...I needed more. And now I'm in a cruel hell where I keep wanting out, as I keep missing the preorders...but I got Ness! So I'm still in the game...

Get out while you can, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom