• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Me too. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now since I'm still within dispute period and I kinda feel bad for him despite a lot of his faults.

I'm still pretty iffy right now and I hope I get the other 6.

For reference I ordered...

Ike
Marth
Villager
Pit
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Palutena

Better off just getting that guy to refund for the rest. There's really no reason to hope and pray for them.

For people who got their Jigglypuffs canceled, were you using debit cards or credit cards?

I can't imagine anyone using a credit card would have issues. Pending charges occur every day.

It came up as fraud and got cancelled, nothing I could do.

Also, NO OTHER RETAILER DOES THIS

I've ordered from Amazon, Wal Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop (RIP), The Source, etc. etc. etc. none have ever charged multiple authorizations for a pre-order, let alone for 20 FUCKING DOLLARS.

And no, pending charges don't occur everyday from THE SAME RETAILER. Especially when it is the same charge.

Shun

You feel bad for someone who scammed a bunch of Gaffers and tried to put the blame on someone that doesn't even exist? He pretty much admitted to scamming people.

Well, I can only hope the best for you but I doubt you'd get the rest of them...

Seeing that that one order came in, I feel bad retrospectively.

I'm still skeptical and I'll wait one more week before doing something.

I'll continue to update and see where this gets me before disputing.

mhayes86

Wow Target cancelled my order for Jiggly because they decide to charge the order every single day and it didn't go through today.

Jeez. This worries me. I haven't gotten a cancellation, but I also haven't been checking my credit card account daily since Jiggly was the last thing charged to it. I just checked it and do have a transaction from Target from two days ago despite the order being created on April 8.

Peagles

Yiiikes yehaww! Scalper land there and I don't want to support those guys at all :(

However, there's some attractive auctions for Ness going on right now there...

Are you only wanting US packaging? Of course, cost + shipping from here could equal or exceed scalper prices, but I'm happy to help if I can.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I've ordered from Amazon, Wal Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop (RIP), The Source, etc. etc. etc. none have ever charged multiple authorizations for a pre-order, let alone for 20 FUCKING DOLLARS.

And no, pending charges don't occur everyday from THE SAME RETAILER. Especially when it is the same charge.

I'd reach out to Target. I don't have pending charges on my credit card for my Jigglypuff order. It sounds like a serious screw up on their end.

-Horizon-

Wow, that really sucks. Glad I've avoided Target then.

//ARCANUM

which just goes to show how ridiculous Target is being with all of this. How the hell could you even place a pre-order through them on something like a PS4? What, you'd get a $400 auth charge every single day for 4 months before it came out? Lol no, the credit card would block that after a day or two. Target's policy with this kind of thing is INSANE. I have no idea why they're still doing this? It's *very* anti-customer.

I'd reach out to Target. I don't have pending charges on my credit card for my Jigglypuff order. It sounds like a serious screw up on their end.
It's a screw up on their end but they won't do anything about it. My order was cancelled today too for the same reason and I called a rep. Was told they could do nothing about it. I even asked why they continue to charge the order every other day and they said they weren't sure.

That seems to be the case. Warning to those who have one on order. The rep told me they got a couple of other calls today saying the same thing happened to them and that they're not sure why they charge the order constantly. He just told me that when placing an order next time to inform my bank account about it. Really?

I asked him if he can put the order back in but he said they can't do anything since it's showing that it's not sold online to them. Even asked his supervisor about it.

Can't believe I missed my order because of their system.

//ARCANUM

Seeing that that one order came in, I feel bad retrospectively.

I'm still skeptical and I'll wait one more week before doing something.

I'll continue to update and see where this gets me before disputing.

Dude don't feel bad. The dude lied to everyone, scammed tons of people, wrote up a post filled with lies in order to "apologize" and is now just trying to get his hands on product in order to "fulfill" his orders so he doesn't get in more trouble. All he's doing is scouring the net for your items in order to try and send them to you. I mean that would be cool if it ends up working out for you. But don't feel bad. Dude was scamming like crazy.

Peagles

Dude don't feel bad. The dude lied to everyone, scammed tons of people, wrote up a post filled with lies in order to "apologize" and is now just trying to get his hands on product in order to "fulfill" his orders so he doesn't get in more trouble. All he's doing is scouring the net for your items in order to try and send them to you. I mean that would be cool if it ends up working out for you. But don't feel bad. Dude was scamming like crazy.

Ike likely showed up cos he got a reprint here.

Was he up for preorder?
And I'm terrified about the jiggeh. They better not can my order. :(
I need to get a red card.

Don't think so. I'm already defeated before it's even started. Since I use an overseas credit card it's already tricky enough without those shenanigans, Walmart was great for gold Mario though, no hassles and great packaging. I did get a call from my bank initially but it was all good after that.

Red Card keeping my target orders safe.

Definitely happy I have/used one. A couple weeks ago my debit card got froze because for whatever reason Visa (or whoever) flagged my Walmart Splatoon 3-Pack as fraudulent. Didn't realize it until almost a week later, but in the meantime was when everyone got hit with the authorization cancellations.

rjinaz

It's not just him. It's a lot of people including me. I get a charge from Target at least once a week. About 6 times now, for my Jiggy order. I've been worried I might get canceled on as well. Ridiculous Target.

RootCause

Ike likely showed up cos he got a reprint here.

Don't think so. I'm already defeated before it's even started. Since I use an overseas credit card it's already tricky enough without those shenanigans, Walmart was great for gold Mario though, no hassles and great packaging. I did get a call from my bank initially but it was all good after that.
I know how you feel. We're so far away from release, but everything is stacked against us.

<sleaze>So, does this mean there are jigglypuff pre-orders available?</sleaze>

That really sucks for you guys though... and a few people reporting that Target's not canceling orders that were placed using their proprietary Red Card? That makes it extra shady...

Rocky

Banned

That really sucks for you guys though... and a few people reporting that Target's not canceling orders that were placed using their proprietary Red Card? That makes it extra shady...

If there are, they probably won't be put up until like 1-2 am.

Rocky

Banned
My Amazon UK Lucina arrived today, and it wasn't supposed to be delivered until 5/15. She looks great. It's kinda neat having an amiibo that hasn't been released here in the US yet.

My Amazon UK Lucina arrived today, and it wasn't supposed to be delivered until 5/15. She looks great. It's kinda neat having an amiibo that hasn't been released here in the US yet.

Did your order ever update to shipped? Mine still says

Not Yet Dispatched
Delivery estimate: Thursday, 30 April 2015 - Wednesday, 6 May 2015

sadface.gif

Matteoj8

I pre ordered a couple Rosalina back in November/December from Target, a couple months later, a week or two before Rosalina was released, they canceled my orders because my debit that was used happened to be $1.40 short since I had just moved funds over for my mortgage payment.

After that, I'm trying my best to avoid Target. There was no warning whatsoever, and no ability to change cards (I easily had the funds.) After calling customer service, they basically told me I was SOL.

So yeah, just a warning, make sure you have enough on your card at all times, they could randomly process it and any moment. Even if you did order it months in advance.

Rocky

Banned
Did your order ever update to shipped? Mine still says

Not Yet Dispatched
Delivery estimate: Thursday, 30 April 2015 - Wednesday, 6 May 2015

sadface.gif

Yes it had changed to Dispatched after I received the shipping confirmation email. Did you get an email saying that your order will be delayed? Because I got one of those for the Ness that I preordered from them and it says Not Yet Dispatched like your order does.

My Ness used to say that now it just says "Not yet Dispatched" probably will never get it..not sure whether to cancel it or not

My Ness still has an estimated delivery date of Thursday, 30 April 2015 - Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Yes it had changed to Dispatched after I received the shipping confirmation email. Did you get an email saying that your order will be delayed? Because I got one of those for the Ness that I preordered from them and it says Not Yet Dispatched like your order does.

My Ness used to say that now it just says "Not yet Dispatched" probably will never get it..not sure whether to cancel it or not

Yes I did get that e-mail update (I got Ness and Lucina, seperate orders), along with a credit of 4 pounds. But the e-mail date doesn't match the date on their site so I'm not sure which to believe!

EDIT: It says "We don't expect to receive more stock until the end of June"

:X

It's not "shady". Since the card is managed by Target there's inherently less chance of a payment validation issue, which was the cause of the cancellations. Simple as that.

Don't apply for a Target credit card just to keep your Jigglypuff pre-order.

They have a debit card too, with all the same benefits.

Yes I did get that e-mail update (I got Ness and Lucina, seperate orders), along with a credit of 4 pounds. But the e-mail date doesn't match the date on their site so I'm not sure which to believe!

I ordered mine on 17 April 2015..they gave me 2 pounds as credit, not like I'll ever use it, unless they get Jigglypuff or Greninja available(Missed out on those yesterday) they do have Ness available but for a ridiculous amount of money sold by some seller not associated with amazon uk..not sure what to do about the order, I dont believe Ive been charged for it and I doubt I will ever be able to get one from gamestop so not sure what to do

It's not shady, I love the REDcard. Debit REDcard charges purchases to your associated bank account as electronic checks. They only process when the order ships.

Don't apply for a Target credit card just to keep your Jigglypuff pre-order.

Target has more than one type of REDcard. There are VISA REDcards that can be used to make purchases anywhere on the VISA network. Basic REDcards can only be used at Target but they are still credit accounts that report to the usual agencies.

Then there are Debit REDcards which tie into your bank's checking account. This one requires NO credit check, has no fees (except ones assessed by your bank in the event of Non-Sufficient Funds, etc.), the card doesn't expire (a common preorder cancellation problem), and no recurring charges like your bank's debit/credit card. Add the 5% discount on everything you buy and free shipping from Target.com and the Debit REDcard is almost too good to be true. I have and use mine at least once a month.

Full Disclosure (lol): I was a Target Team Member from 2003 to 2005, long before Debit REDcards. Also, my bank's debit card was cancelled from fraudulent charges stemming from the holiday info hack.

It's not "shady". Since the card is managed by Target there's inherently less chance of a payment validation issue, which was the cause of the cancellations. Simple as that.

Well put.

I ordered mine on 17 April 2015..they gave me 2 pounds as credit, not like I'll ever use it, unless they get Jigglypuff or Greninja available(Missed out on those yesterday) they do have Ness available but for a ridiculous amount of money sold by some seller not associated with amazon uk..not sure what to do about the order, I dont believe Ive been charged for it and I doubt I will ever be able to get one from gamestop so not sure what to do

I ordered mine that same day as well. I'm just waiting it out since it seems like whenever they get the next batch of them, we'll get ours! Hopefully

Edit, random but did you ever get the HORI clear case for your 3DS? haha i love it

I ordered mine that same day as well. I'm just waiting it out since it seems like whenever they get the next batch of them, we'll get ours! Hopefully

Edit, random but did you ever get the HORI clear case for your 3DS? haha i love it

Yeah I mind as well wait it out too, I have nothing to lose. Never been charged(At least I dont think so) so mind as well just keep it the way it is) yep I got that HORI case its GREAT..the only bad thing is that it doesnt work with the charging cradle

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Target has more than one type of REDcard. There are VISA REDcards that can be used to make purchases anywhere on the VISA network. Basic REDcards can only be used at Target but they are still credit accounts that report to the usual agencies.

Then there are Debit REDcards which tie into your bank's checking account. This one requires NO credit check, has no fees (except ones assessed by your bank in the event of Non-Sufficient Funds, etc.), the card doesn't expire (a common preorder cancellation problem), and no recurring charges like your bank's debit/credit card. Add the 5% discount on everything you buy and free shipping from Target.com and the Debit REDcard is almost too good to be true. I have and use mine at least once a month.

Full Disclosure (lol): I was a Target Team Member from 2003 to 2005, long before Debit REDcards. Also, my bank's debit card was cancelled from fraudulent charges stemming from the holiday info hack.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the debit card option. As long as there's no credit check or fees, that's pretty solid.

Yeah I mind as well wait it out too, I have nothing to lose. Never been charged(At least I dont think so) so mind as well just keep it the way it is) yep I got that HORI case its GREAT..the only bad thing is that it doesnt work with the charging cradle

OMG YES!!! I just thought about that last night, I never use the charging cradle now :\

And yea, doesn't hurt to wait it out

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the debit card option. As long as there's no credit check or fees, that's pretty solid.

Two things to mention:

• How does Target collect my personal information?

We collect your Target Debit Card personal information, for example, when you
    - apply for a Target Debit Card and give us your contact information
    - give us your income information and show us your driver's license/identification card
    - use your debit card
    We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.

• RETURNED PAYMENT FEE —

If the Depository Bank returns an EFT unpaid for any reason, you agree to pay a "Returned Payment Fee." You authorize us to initiate an electronic fund transfer for such Returned Payment Fee from your Deposit Account automatically, after we receive notice of an unpaid EFT. You agree to pay the Returned Payment Fee if any check or other instrument given as payment to us for amounts you owe in connection with your Card is not honored by your bank.
I did make a purchase once upon a time that overdrafted my checking account temporarily. My bank PAID the transfer so I wasn't hit with Target's fee detailed above, but I did have to pay a $10 electronic check fee to my bank.

Target Debit REDcard Agreement
Target Debit REDcard Privacy Policy

Drago

To those who got cancelled by Target, what bank do you guys have? Canadian or US? Just wondering if there's any correlation to the cancellations.

OMG YES!!! I just thought about that last night, I never use the charging cradle now :\

And yea, doesn't hurt to wait it out

I got the charging cradle for free through amazon UK(they refunded me for not receiving it when I was supposed to, then I got it two days later) but yeah it doesnt work with the cradle..if you want to use it you have to take off the case then it works just fine..removing the case is super easy since its just rubber but I just leave it on and use the regular charger

To those who got cancelled by Target, what bank do you guys have? Canadian or US? Just wondering if there's any correlation to the cancellations.

Canada

Two things to mention:

• How does Target collect my personal information?

We collect your Target Debit Card personal information, for example, when you
    - apply for a Target Debit Card and give us your contact information
    - give us your income information and show us your driver's license/identification card
    - use your debit card
    We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.

• RETURNED PAYMENT FEE —

If the Depository Bank returns an EFT unpaid for any reason, you agree to pay a "Returned Payment Fee." You authorize us to initiate an electronic fund transfer for such Returned Payment Fee from your Deposit Account automatically, after we receive notice of an unpaid EFT. You agree to pay the Returned Payment Fee if any check or other instrument given as payment to us for amounts you owe in connection with your Card is not honored by your bank.
I did make a purchase once upon a time that overdrafted my checking account temporarily. My bank PAID the transfer so I wasn't hit with Target's fee detailed above, but I did have to pay a $10 electronic check fee to my bank.

Target Debit REDcard Agreement
Target Debit REDcard Privacy Policy

Target has lost all credibility after their hack. Please stop. No one should give them any details after that bullshit. My wife was part of that while shopping in the USA for Christmas. Just what we needed before Christmas, our fucking cards being compromised.

Fox Mulder

i used a red card and havent noticed any authorization holds pop up every day like some people have. The target website says you will see repeat hold requests if your bank or cc provider lets it expire before the final charge.

maybe some companies/banks just don't trust Target after their hack as much as others and Target is forced to push more authorization holds on those people.

Target has lost all credibility after their hack. Please stop. No one should give them any details after that bullshit. My wife was part of that while shopping in the USA for Christmas. Just what we needed before Christmas, our fucking cards being compromised.

I'm done. But I'm not alone in recommending the debit REDcard. Sorry you feel they lost "credibility" but I am perfectly content with my REDcard and sharing my info with them. They didn't choose to share their customers' confidential information with hackers, no company does. I still believe Target is a reputable company. Stuff happens. In case you didn't see, my bank's debit card information was stolen during that time too, because I forgot about my REDcard when I was doing holiday shopping. I've been a cardholder since late 2012 and I'm not about to give it up. If you get knocked down, you get up again. Living in mortal fear of identity theft is no way to live.

*edit* besides, if you order from target.com, you still have to give them your billing/shipping info.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Has amazon still not gone up yet.

YSkNTAx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom