• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I'll take my chances with Ness online pre-orders. I don't want him bad enough to deal with waiting at a retail Gamestop,

gas to get to gamestop and back home $3
Ness Figure paid today $13
the two hours of my life I waste going to gamestop priceless.

indeed i will just try my luck online checking here every once in a while while I enjoy my day off from work, and if I get him I get him, if not I am sure I can work something out with someone and not pay to much about retail price.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Woke up 30 minutes too late. :*(

Exile20

Told you guys last night Pac Man wouldn't be rare.

It's sad Nintendo will treat their own characters as red headed stepchildren but 3rd party characters are common as fuck.

Also thinking about getting an extra Lucina and/or Robin from GS to trade in case I miss Greninja/Jigglypuff. Not sure though =/

Pac man is sold out now. Now what?

Gameboy415

I am paranoid as hell about BB...

Can anyone tell me how their past BB preorders went?

I've ordered every non-exclusive amiibo (& Meta Knight) from Bestbuy.com since amiibo launched back in November and only had an issue with one figure.
It was a Samus that got shipped in a bubble mailer but I was able to exchange it in-store without any hassle.

I see best buy but I can't buy them yet. Any idea when that's going live?

They were up for preorder like 20 mins or so ago. We just have to play the waiting game for them to show up again.

I've ordered every non-exclusive amiibo (& Meta Knight) from Bestbuy.com since amiibo launched back in November and only had an issue with one figure.
It was a Samus that got shipped in a bubble mailer but I was able to exchange it in-store without any hassle.
Wow. They didn't give you any trouble for that either?

amiibo - various pics, including packaging album
http://imgur.com/a/lyf19

4em7lik.jpg

Lol at ganondorfs face looking better than the ingame one.

Exile20

gas to get to gamestop and back home $3
Ness Figure paid today $13
the two hours of my life I waste going to gamestop priceless.

indeed i will just try my luck online checking here every once in a while while I enjoy my day off from work, and if I get him I get him, if not I am sure I can work something out with someone and not pay to much about retail price.

You did it wrong.

gas to get to gamestop and back home, $3
Ness Figure paid today, $13
The 5 min I will look at it before throwing it in a box and never seen again, priceless

weevles

Can I safely assume PO is limited but separate from in-store inventory?

I at least want the chance to fight people for whatever is left lol.
no, i don't want to fight anyone really :(

wait what, why would people get turned away, someone on cag said he called his gamestop and the guy said to not even bother since there were 15 people

its not limited to one store, its for every single gamestop in the USA

if its like the majoras mask XL system

Somnid

Amiibos are great for team building. I feel we have a real community here.

I'll stab any one of you in the back for Ness, Greninja or Jigglypuff

LiK

I wish every site only allowed 1 per household during a launch of the a new wave so I don't need to fight the scalpers.

I have been following this madness and i just have one question...

I get off of work at 2 30 PM, can i simply go and pre order all 6 from gamestop? or are the pre orders limited there?

I don't get it. How does you can't get an amiibo is Nintendo's fault. In what way they can stop scalper ?
There's no precise way to stop scalping.

I guess the most straightfoward way is to provide enough supply to match the overwhelming demand for them, but as we already know Nintendo isn't the greatest at supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom