• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

The add to cart button was still available for Palutena but it wouldn't add. Talk about false hope.
Happend to me the first time. Didn't get a shot in this time. I swear people buying them in ridiculous quantities. They should limit hem to two at the very least.
lol wonder if the LE Majoras mask 3d could fetch me 4 or 5 Amiibo.

holy crap really? I don't want to sound like a dick but I hope everyone who ordered more than 2 gets cancelled D:<

It was like at that at least the second time they were "up". At first it said "Add to basket" but wouldn't add, then that was gone and it said "Available from these sellers" but there was nothing there, then "Add to basket" was up again and that's when I saw the quantities go to 30. Seriously. :mad:

How da fuck does it go so fast. No shot at one of the two. :(

It's nearly impossible to compete with resellers who have scripts/bots buying these up. My hope here is that Nintendo is deliberately limiting preorders since the resellers will get them anyway, and then there will be a ton of them available in stores when they actually go up for sale, pulling the rug from under the resllers making their stock worth far less. At least that's what I'd like to think Nintendo's doing. But to paraphrase, there are three ways of doing things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Nintendo way.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You've brought a new curse upon yourself and your household. I started out almost this same way...I got a Samus because I love Metroid...but then my fiancé (now wife) pre-ordered me a Shulk for a Christmas present. Once I had him...I needed more. And now I'm in a cruel hell where I keep wanting out, as I keep missing the preorders...but I got Ness! So I'm still in the game...

Get out while you can, my friend.

Nah I'm good. Plus we are to busy starting down the DI road, and the boy child already has like 65 skylanders. LoL

-Horizon-

Ganon gonna be common, imo. cuz Zelda
I think so too.

Happend to me the first time. Didn't get a shot in this time. I swear people buying them in ridiculous quantities. They should limit hem to two at the very least.
lol wonder if the LE Majoras mask 3d could fetch me 4 or 5 Amiibo.
Nah, don't even put the idea of selling that for amiibos in your mind.

It was like at that at least the second time they were "up". At first it said "Add to basket" but wouldn't add, then that was gone and it said "Available from these sellers" but there was nothing there, then "Add to basket" was up again and that's when I saw the quantities go to 30. Seriously. :mad:

It's nearly impossible to compete with resellers who have scripts/bots buying these up. My hope here is that Nintendo is deliberately limiting preorders since the resellers will get them anyway, and then there will be a ton of them available in stores when they actually go up for sale, pulling the rug from under the resllers making their stock worth far less. At least that's what I'd like to think Nintendo's doing. But to paraphrase, there are three ways of doing things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Nintendo way.

Gross. And I want to be optimistic but...yeah.

crimnos

So the Wool Yoshi's and Dark Pit never went back up today along with the other Wave 5 (Palutena, ZSS and Ganondorf).

Confirmed to be rare?

At the very least, it's starting to look like Dark Pit will be, with Palutena close behind. The Yoshis might be more a question of demand.

My question is whether that May 7th/8th date for Wave 5 is legit in the UK. It doesn't match what they've said, but my orders from the last go-round have 5/7 ship dates, and they had it again today.

1up

Does anyone else use the Target tracker?

I'm looking for Captain Falcon and called one of the stores that should have had him in stock and they said that people call all the time and they dont have any in stock and the target tracker is wrong. :(

Came in late into the amiibo game.

MicH

At the very least, it's starting to look like Dark Pit will be, with Palutena close behind. The Yoshis might be more a question of demand.

My question is whether that May 7th/8th date for Wave 5 is legit in the UK. It doesn't match what they've said, but my orders from the last go-round have 5/7 ship dates, and they had it again today.
Every other EU store lists this wave as coming in June, so Amazon is definitely wrong with their May 7th date

Shauni

So the Wool Yoshi's and Dark Pit never went back up today along with the other Wave 5 (Palutena, ZSS and Ganondorf).

Confirmed to be rare?

Pre-orders selling out has nothing to do with how rare a figure will be. Dark Pit will be rare, though, because of the type of character. As will Palutena.

Pre-orders selling out has nothing to do with how rare a figure will be. Dark Pit will be rare, though, because of the type of character. As will Palutena.

What?

Dark Pit never went up in this 3rd round of pre-orders.

It isn't pre-orders selling out I am talking about, its the fact no pre-orders at all were put up again. Pretty sure that is a good indiciation. Charizard, Wario and Pac Man have been coming up again a lot on Amazon EU sites, but Lucina/Robin/Ness not at all. Pretty good indication there of rarity too.

ExVicis

What?

It isn't pre-orders selling out I am talking about, its the fact no pre-orders at all were put up again. Pretty sure that is a good indiciation. Charizard, Wario and Pac Man have been coming up again a lot on Amazon EU sites, but Lucina/Robin/Ness not at all. Pretty good indication there of rarity too.

I thought Dark Pit went up on Zaavi some weeks ago though.

Shauni

What?

Well, I don't know about EU sites, but Lucina and Robin were up off and on NA Wal-Mart a lot, and they'll undoubtedly be rare. Like I said, pre-orders are not an indication of rarity, it's about what type of character they are, where they're found, and if they're retailer exclusive.

I'm talking about NA here, of course, too. I don't know if that's not been the case for EU. I actually thought this thread was just for NA amiibo buyers. Did we merge them all into one thread again?

crimnos

In somewhat related news, this showed up on my doorstep today and I'm in love:

atyMAwc.jpg

I wasn't really impressed with the earlier Jakks Pacific stuff, but I couldn't ask for more on this one. Well worth the money.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I wasn't really impressed with the earlier Jakks Pacific stuff, but I couldn't ask for more on this one. Well worth the money.

ogd6jVl.jpg

Slermy

What???? How have I never seen this before?

Where did you get just the single one?

I pre-ordered from Big Bad Toy Store but it was that bundle with Ganondorf that I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom