• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Cancellations for people who ordered more than 2 incoming
I wish lol
The dream is over. And they should go after the people that placed more than 2. Hell even if I missed out on Palu and ZSS. That doesn't really bother me. It's the people ordering £1000 worth of the same Amiibo that piss me off.

Mob

What?

Dark Pit never went up in this 3rd round of pre-orders.

It isn't pre-orders selling out I am talking about, its the fact no pre-orders at all were put up again. Pretty sure that is a good indiciation. Charizard, Wario and Pac Man have been coming up again a lot on Amazon EU sites, but Lucina/Robin/Ness not at all. Pretty good indication there of rarity too.

Although Dark Pit has been offered numerous times by ShopTo (guessing that £20 price tag puts people off) and is still available to order at Game.

So the only places he disappeared from quickly are ones without a purchase limit.

I still think he and Palutena will be harder to find than Ganon and ZSS though.

-Horizon-

The dream is over. And they should go after the people that placed more than 2. Hell even if I missed out on Palu and ZSS. That doesn't really bother me. It's the people ordering £1000 worth of the same Amiibo that piss me off.

Those people are the worst kind of people. And amazon uk deserves a smack in the face for not putting a limit on the dang things after 4 waves of experience already.

RootCause

Those people are the worst kind of people. And amazon uk deserves a smack in the face for not putting a limit on the dang things after 4 waves of experience already.
Dunno why Amazon hasn't implemented anything at this point. It sucks knowing that there's some scalper with more than 20 Lucina. D;

@1up I'd say that seems like an okay price from what I've seen in online. is it worth it to you? That's all it really matters.

//ARCANUM

I have no idea what the rarity factor is on any of these right now are. I'd like to get Captain Falcon but that doesnt seem to be happening at any of my local stores.

Please, sit down. We need to have a talk.

I'm so sorry for what you're about to learn.

Mob

I hope everyone that ordered the Splatoon 3 pack from Amazon.fr has realised its the standard game and not the 3 pack.

Meant to post this the other day when the description updated and forgot.

crimnos

What???? How have I never seen this before?

I don't know if it's "officially" out yet, it's one of those things that didn't quite have a definitive release date, just "late April". So you could still have a shot at finding one in the coming weeks.

Where did you get just the single one?

I pre-ordered from Big Bad Toy Store but it was that bundle with Ganondorf that I don't want.

Third party seller on Amazon. I admit I paid over MSRP (30), but that was still well within my window of what was acceptable given how long I've wanted something like that. I want that Gandondorf too, but I'll wait for that to come down in price.

RootCause

I hope everyone that ordered the Splatoon 3 pack from Amazon.fr has realised its the standard game and not the 3 pack.

Meant to post this the other day when the description updated and forgot.
Ouch! I got my order in from Walmart, it stayed up for a long time.

In somewhat related news, this showed up on my doorstep today and I'm in love:

I wasn't really impressed with the earlier Jakks Pacific stuff, but I couldn't ask for more on this one. Well worth the money.

Damn, this is impossible to find for MSRP now, isn't it? When was this released?

RootCause

28 days away from the NA release date, and I still cant find somewhere to place an order(from someone that I believe to come through) for Robin, and Lucina. Greninja is even worse. :(

-Horizon-

Dunno why Amazon hasn't implemented anything at this point. It sucks knowing that there's some scalper with more than 20 Lucina. D;

@1up I'd say that seems like an okay price from what I've seen in online. is it worth it to you? That's all it really matters.
They will get their just desserts in due time for angering the amiibo gods.

It was when orders started to be processed. Likely why Wave 4 went up so much on Amazon UK last week.
This wait is gonna be painful.

crimnos

Damn, this is impossible to find for MSRP now, isn't it? When was this released?

That's a good question. All I had heard was "late April", and when it got to that point and still no sign of a solid release date I went ahead and bought it third-party. For what it's worth, I don't think it's "properly" launched yet, as even the scalpers don't have very many.

Also, port strike is back *sigh*

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/27/west-coast-port-truckers-announce-strike.html

That's a good question. All I had heard was "late April", and when it got to that point and still no sign of a solid release date I went ahead and bought it third-party. For what it's worth, I don't think it's "properly" launched yet, as even the scalpers don't have very many.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/27/west-coast-port-truckers-announce-strike.html

Yeah, I'm seeing it for like $35 and up. That Metroid looks nice, so the price doesn't seem too bad. Congrats!

rjinaz

I tried to order 3 Ness amiibo back when Amazon uk first listed them, and they reduced it down to 2. They did this for everybody. I'm guessing they do it again. Unfortunately I made the mistake of cancelling that order, failing to predict just how hard Ness would be to get in the US.

LiK

what's up with those assholes there? get it together so the rest of us can stop suffering.

Woo

e8BMGVh.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So if the port strike is "back" that means we went a bit of time without a strike, meaning that Nintendo would have NO ISSUES shipping to the US.

:/ Whatever...

BernkastelWitch

Neo Member
Are people already getting their Ness Amiibo? If so then i'm surprised and jealous. I'd love one.

And I also bought a Shulk and Mega Man Amiibo today. Ness would be my next target along with King Dedede or Metaknight.

Fox Mulder

Are people already getting their Ness Amiibo? If so then i'm surprised and jealous. I'd love one.

And I also bought a Shulk and Mega Man Amiibo today. Ness would be my next target along with King Dedede or Metaknight.

it a european Ness, you can tell by it being out and the No. 34 Ness in the top corner.

BernkastelWitch

Neo Member
Where'd you get Shulk?

Amazon. A Japanese import. It's how I also got Rosalina: I imported her from Japan. So Shulk is the second Amiibo I imported from Japan.

Only issue is that while Mega Man will take a few days to come, Shulk will take an entire month to come here. I can wait though at least.

Amazon. A Japanese import. It's how I also got Rosalina: I imported her from Japan. So Shulk is the second Amiibo I imported from Japan.

Only issue is that while Mega Man will take a few days to come, Shulk will take an entire month to come here. I can wait though at least.

Are you in NA? I thought Amazon.jp didn't ship to NA?

Draxal

So if the port strike is "back" that means we went a bit of time without a strike, meaning that Nintendo would have NO ISSUES shipping to the US.

:/ Whatever...

Yes and no. There were so many ships stuck at sea that the potential of it still be an issue was there ... but very unlikely.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yes and no. There were so many ships stuck at sea that the potential of it still be an issue was there ... but very unlikely.

I figured if there really was an extra Wave 2s sitting in the ocean or whatever, it would've gotten to us by now.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Don't think Amazon is going to put them up for preorder. Sucks because someone is going to buy them all. Meh.
Too soon to tell, but be ready next week. If they don't put them up next week then they won't be doing preorders. Don't see a reason why amazon wouldn't put them up for preorder.

kirby_fox

Banned

Not too worried. I think it's probably easier to find a ton of truckers who can take a shipment than it is to find a ton of people that are able to dock boats and get shipments moving off of them...then again, they do seem to always be looking for drivers...

rjinaz

Funny story. I was at walmart Wednesday buying some phones on clearance and while I was waiting in line, 2 different people called asking about gold mario.

The clerk acted very annoyed, didn't check, and just said no we don't have any gold amiibo. 2 calls in 5 minutes. Wonder how many they get a day?

Does anyone else use the Target tracker?

I'm looking for Captain Falcon and called one of the stores that should have had him in stock and they said that people call all the time and they dont have any in stock and the target tracker is wrong. :(

Came in late into the amiibo game.

brickseek?

I'm pretty sure it's not even close to accurate. There has been a Villager listed as in stock at the Target closest to me for months. There's also supposed to be a Wii Fit Trainer close by. Yeah, sure.

It also lists Villager as being available in 7% of stores nationwide, Wii Fit Trainer at 4%, and Marth at 2%. And we all know the actual percentage for all three is 0%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom