• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Nope, I don't know what to make of it.
Did you manage to order an Amiibo? or you're not going to import?
I didn't managed to get anything but a yarn yoshi which I then proceeded to cancel.
I want to import because I think I'll have more luck with that than to wait for wave 5 here in the states.

Adding limits to amiibo takes time, if you rush it out the door you forget.
I'll laugh if there are still no limits in place. Like I wouldn't even be angry at it happening at that point.

RootCause

I didn't managed to get anything but a yarn yoshi which I then proceeded to cancel.
I want to import because I think I'll have more luck with that than to wait for wave 5 here in the states.

I'll laugh if there are still no limits in place. Like I wouldn't even be angry at it happening at that point.
Pretty much the same way I feel. I managed to get Ganon, and a yarn Yoshi, which I might can down the line.

rjinaz

Gees I really thought Amazon would be today. Starting to think they won't do preorders and it will be a free for all on release day.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Stay in the dark and stay happy. These things are harder to find than Amiibo.

Please. You can't talk to Diggeh and leave with your wallet unscathed.

kugMXGh.jpg
sTFGdnZ.jpg
9PkXkSe.jpg

UG9HaGC.jpg
wrdJfPv.jpg
tQZyaZV.jpg

Slermy

I don't know if it's "officially" out yet, it's one of those things that didn't quite have a definitive release date, just "late April". So you could still have a shot at finding one in the coming weeks.

Third party seller on Amazon. I admit I paid over MSRP (30), but that was still well within my window of what was acceptable given how long I've wanted something like that. I want that Gandondorf too, but I'll wait for that to come down in price.

Hmmm... I'll have to keep an eye out then.

Just saw this video from this year's Toy Fair. I'm really excited for the figures the representative mentions they want to make:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wi93itkwUI

Josh5890

Gees I really thought Amazon would be today. Starting to think they won't do preorders and it will be a free for all on release day.

Maybe they figured that is the best option. Let the blood bath begin while everyone is waiting in line at stores across the country.

Maybe they figured that is the best option. Let the blood bath begin while everyone is waiting in line at stores across the country.

Not really a great thing for me. Since the TRU in my area has sold preorders to people in line before I still have to be there in the morning for my Greninja.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/07112008/d/2/d/7/d2d74209365350_full.jpg[img]

amiibo madness fucking with our perceptions of gender[/QUOTE]

What if Zelda was a girl?

Can you use the amiibo with any game franchise it's in? Like I want to get the bowser amiibo that doesn't have super smash bros on it (instead its just 'super mario') since to me it looks the coolest, could I use that in smash bros and Mario kart? Or just Mario party 8?

1up

Can you use the amiibo with any game franchise it's in? Like I want to get the bowser amiibo that doesn't have super smash bros on it (instead its just 'super mario') since to me it looks the coolest, could I use that in smash bros and Mario kart? Or just Mario party 8?

Yep.

Hell, Toon Link unlocked Link's Mario Kart 8 helmet for me.

Josh5890

Amiibos are universal. However some games require writing data onto the amiibo and you can only do one per game. Smash and Mario Party are those games as of now.

Mr.Fusion

I think they may have had enough of NOA and won't be carrying any new amiibo. They already don't carry their hardware, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were unable to secure stock and decided to forget it. I wouldn't blame them, this whole situation is an embarrassment.

Silly question, but has anyone tried affixing another NFC chip to the bottom of the amiibo - will it block the regular amiibo nfc capability? I want to extend capability to other things.

wilflare

Amazon UK
I need my Greninja
I need my Jigglypuff
I can't sleep
I need my Olimar
I need my Dr Mario
and Bowser can't sleep
he needs his Bowser Jr.

Amazon UK pls
Diggeh pls
the Lord of Amiibos pls
just don't say it's over
for the night is long and full of terrors

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got Sheik. The rarity of that one is weird. I never see it at Target or Gamestop, but I saw four at Best Buy and a month or so ago I saw a ton at Toys R Us.
I really hope E3 next month gives us some news about the stock issues...Like a big Summer blowout where everything is in stock now, and they're now selling directly from Nintendo's site.

-Horizon-

Got Sheik. The rarity of that one is weird. I never see it at Target or Gamestop, but I saw four at Best Buy and a month or so ago I saw a ton at Toys R Us.
I really hope E3 next month gives us some news about the stock issues...Like a big Summer blowout where everything is in stock now, and they're now selling directly from Nintendo's site.
Hahahaha good one.

Please. You can't talk to Diggeh and leave with your wallet unscathed.

Where did you find the Metroid and Ganondorf? I'm pretty up to date on the series (except for some of the micro land stuff) but the only place I have ever seen the 6" line is Toys R Us. I've been watching their website like a hawk but they don't even have pages for either of those yet. No luck checking in-store either, just a few Donkey Kongs or nothing at all.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Where did you find the Metroid and Ganondorf? I'm pretty up to date on the series (except for some of the micro land stuff) but the only place I have ever seen the 6" line is Toys R Us. I've been watching their website like a hawk but they don't even have pages for either of those yet. No luck checking in-store either, just a few Donkey Kongs or nothing at all.

I got mine on BBTS before they sold out. Got tired of waiting for the awful combination of Jakks stock + port strike.

It's not just Ike. EB Games stores nationwide in Australia have also restocked on Marth, Meta Knight and Sonic. Seems most stores are getting a minimum of 4+ of each.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone seen any of those Ike in New Zealand yet? Mighty Ape still has them arriving next week. Nothing on EB's website.

So glad I bought the FE amiibo. Just read about If having amiibo support. Intelligent Systems seemingly loving amiibo, hopefully they're playable units like in STEAM.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's not just Ike. EB Games stores nationwide in Australia have also restocked on Marth, Meta Knight and Sonic. Seems most stores are getting a minimum of 4+ of each.

Nintendo: Hi Australia, I hear you like Amiibos? Here, take a crap ton of Meta Knights and Martha! You're our favorite child-er, division of Nintendo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom