• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I just spotted this in a store near me (I'm in Australia)

dE6inXA.jpg

*Commence internal screaming*
So that's where all the European Zelda went

Neo Dark

Ugh... I wandered into this thread at a bad time. That Link in a bikini thing has me wanting to burn my eyes out.

Since we're on that topic... I paid off my Elsa nendoroid today. Now to wait for AmiAmi to ship it!

And from what I can tell, we still don't have Amazon on board with wave 4?

Edit: Oh and since Horizon and Lee Chaolan will probably ask, yes my avatar is even more busy. And look another red haired character. Probably my first favorite red hair colored character. Can't believe I forgot about her for a while. Then again hard to blame me if you know who she is and what game she is from and what happened since last year with the game.

-Horizon-

Ugh... I wandered into this thread at a bad time. That Link in a bikini thing has me wanting to burn my eyes out.

Since we're on that topic... I paid off my Elsa nendoroid today. Now to wait for AmiAmi to ship it!

And from what I can tell, we still don't have Amazon on board with wave 4?

Edit: Oh and since Horizon and Lee Chaolan will probably ask, yes my avatar is even more busy. And look another red haired character. Probably my first favorite red hair colored character. Can't believe I forgot about her for a while. Then again hard to blame me if you know who she is and what game she is from and what happened since last year with the game.

Holy crap no joke at your avatar being busy lol

kirby_fox

Banned
I had to check my own Villager to see where the eyes were and holy crap are they a lot lower on that amiibo. But if you look at the artwork, his eyes are meant to align with his nose- which they didn't before. Now they do.

Doesn't make it any less jarring to see.

Can't complain too much about reprints. I'm not going pay through the nose for an original, so this is good enough for me. Let's just hope it gets to the states soon.

1up

Anyone do a midnight / opening day release before? Where did you go and how did it pan out?

I took may 29th off work to try to snag the next wave.

rjinaz

Lots of reports of people that used Paypal to pay for Jiggly getting it canceled due to Target holding the authorization for more than 30 days. Any victims here? I used a debit card thankfully.

fernoca

My Marth looks like the "reprint", but I got him months ago. So it could likely just be (bad) luck when it comes to the other one.

Peagles

My Marth looks like the "reprint", but I got him months ago. So it could likely just be (bad) luck when it comes to the other one.

Same, got 2 on launch and they look like the reprint in the pic above. Didn't see any Marfs here though maybe we just got a good batch.

The Marth reprint is expected in this month, right? Are those getting pre-orders or am I going to be hunting for him at some random notice?

Fox Mulder

Lots of reports of people that used Paypal to pay for Jiggly getting it canceled due to Target holding the authorization for more than 30 days. Any victims here? I used a debit card thankfully.

Lots of places seem to have issues with paypal preorders. Would be nice if they'd just charge upfront for PayPal users instead of canceling.

Zafir

Lots of places seem to have issues with paypal preorders. Would be nice if they'd just charge upfront for PayPal users instead of canceling.

Yep. Nintendo Store UK cancelled my amiibo pre-order done through paypal because of the authorisation thing. Consequently missed out on Robin. >.>

They really should tell you about that problem before hand.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Wth Target isn't gonna have any preorders left at this rate. And people wondered why I said target was the worst retailer for exclusive amiibo. Hoping I can grab a jiggly at launch with all these cancellations, the only amiibo I need to complete wave 4.

So, listen to this crap...

I posted in this thread last week about how I went into Toys R Us to preorder the new Amiibo, but the person working R-Zone told me that they were only doing preorders online, so I'd have to try there...but they didn't know when they'd go up. So, yesterday I go back into that same Toys R Us to buy the Super Mario Series Luigi, because I didn't own him, and asked the cashier if they had started taking preorders for the new amiibo.

Her response was, "Greninja? Yeah, but we were only taking them on Monday. we don't have them anymore." Monday was the day that I was told that they were only being sold online.

....someone pass that salt.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I posted in this thread last week about how I went into Toys R Us to preorder the new Amiibo, but the person working R-Zone told me that they were only doing preorders online, so I'd have to try there...but they didn't know when they'd go up. So, yesterday I go back into that same Toys R Us to buy the Super Mario Series Luigi, because I didn't own him, and asked the cashier if they had started taking preorders for the new amiibo.

Her response was, "Greninja? Yeah, but we were only taking them on Monday. we don't have them anymore." Monday was the day that I was told that they were only being sold online.

nJ93so0.png
nJ93so0.png
nJ93so0.png

Drago

Just saw the new Villager. Looks more accurate to the official art with the smaller eyes but I think I like the original model more.

Fox Mulder

The common tale of an uninformed retail employee. Gotta know your shit and ask for a manager if they're wrong.

HUELEN10

wouldn't be an amiibo thread with collection pics, i say post away!
dvJ5S5G.jpg

It took a while to find something good to put them on!

Bought a second, since... well, this one is almost full! Not pictured is sealed gold Mario who is in storage and will not be opened, and sealed Shulk, Shiek, and Villager, who are in my trade pile.

RootCause

dvJ5S5G.jpg

It took a while to find something good to put them on!

Bought a second, since... well, this one is almost full! Not pictured is sealed gold Mario who is in storage and will not be opened, and sealed Shulk, Shiek, and Villager, who are in my trade pile.
Nice collection. I plan on opening them once I have the entire smash set. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom