• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

dvJ5S5G.jpg

It took a while to find something good to put them on!

Bought a second, since... well, this one is almost full! Not pictured is sealed gold Mario who is in storage and will not be opened, and sealed Shulk, Shiek, and Villager, who are in my trade pile.

er mah gerd i want villager! what are you looking for

CorvoSol

Went and saw the Terra Cotta Warriors. You know, the Chinese Emperor's Amiibo army.

Did I miss anything of note since Thursday?

Hedgey

CEFQUnRVIAMCWPt.jpg

Went out shopping today and stumbled upon this Captain Falcon in a small game store here in Japan. Really quite odd, especially since the reprint isn't supposed to be until July.
Small bend on the corner, but hey. 1200 yen, couldn't resist. Probably going to take it out of the packaging anyway.

zroid

Banned
Reprinted Marth supposedly being underpified is exactly why I decided not to buy amiibo which I didn't actually like.

Same goes for Villager in fact, not that I was going to pay those prices anyways

zroid

Banned
Here's a comparison to the official render

fZjWJG8.png

you be the judge!

(I think the new one's facial features might be painted a few mm too low but other than that it looks accurate)

Crom

fZjWJG8.png

you be the judge!

(I think the new one's facial features might be painted a few mm too low but other than that it looks accurate)

Yep. Too much forehead space. If everything was shifted up it would be much better

RootCause

fZjWJG8.png

you be the judge!

Eyes too small. Makes him look like Frankenstein. Increasing the size a little bit, and moving them up would be the ideal Villager. Clearly neither match the render, but I find the old one much better looking. Different strokes.

fZjWJG8.png

you be the judge!

Neither are 100% right, but I honestly like the new one better. If the eyes were just one notch up and maybe one notch closer together, it would be really close to the official render.

At any rate, I'm glad they're doing reprints. The more Amiibo out there, the better!

RomanceDawn

So whats up with Greninja? Are all preorders cancelled and I just have to try to go and get one the day it releases later this month? I read the 29th exclusively at Toys R We, is that true?

Added my four new amiibo to the collection. :)

Where did you get that case, and/or how did you have it made?! HOW?!

OmegaFax

fZjWJG8.png

you be the judge!

It's a lot better ... I think they did the best they could without making a new mold. Looks more consistent with the Smash model. His eyes start below the top of the nose like they should but now his eyes don't run parallel to his ears. They would have had to move the nose up a little bit along the eyes in order to fix that massive forehead they got going on there. Again, probably a trade off with trying to correct the eyes with the existing mold. It's not perfect but I want one!

JC Sera

Ok so I'm finally going to give in and buy an amiibo. Live in Aus so most of them are available. I'm tossing up between SSB Peach, Kirby, Pikmin, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Toon Link and splatoon Amiibo. I own SSB and MK8, and I want to own Splatoon, Pikmin 3 & Toad Treasure Tracker (But the first two cost $80AUD). Can anyone help me decide?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Ok so I'm finally going to give in and buy an amiibo. Live in Aus so most of them are available. I'm tossing up between SSB Peach, Kirby, Pikmin, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Toon Link and splatoon Amiibo. I own SSB and MK8, and I want to own Splatoon, Pikmin 3 & Toad Treasure Tracker (But the first two cost $80AUD). Can anyone help me decide?

fTTBLia.gif

If I was only getting one of those, I'd get Rosalina. Maybe Toon Link if I was a Zelda fan. Maybe Jigglypuff, but I haven't seen it in person yet. Oh and those Splatoon amiibos look awesome...

CorvoSol

You start out saying "oh just my favorites, like the ones from Zelda, certain Pokemon, and those two from Fire Emblem"

and then you wake up one morning with a 25 dollar wii fit trainer and you don't know what you've done with your life.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Buy them all!

moiWSfviYKNgc.gif

Draxal

Splatoon. Problem with Smash is that you will want them all, while splatoon is really self contained, and the splatoon amiibos seem to add a lot of function to splatoon.

Also, I would add Toad to that list as he adds a good amount of function to TTT.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Splatoon. Problem with Smash is that you will want them all, while splatoon is really self contained, and the splatoon amiibos seem to add a lot of function to splatoon.

Also, I would add Toad to that list as he adds a good amount of function to TTT.
So True *looks at my smash wall* although I wanted the smash trophies long before amiibo were even a thing. lol

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I have nowhere to store multiple and I'd rather spend the money for 3xAmiibos on one nintendo game...

I would get at least one inkling and one SSB character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom