• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Heads up from the investors meeting, Iwata addressed shortages and apologized. He said that they'd be focusing on making more of low stock Amiibos and, in particular, that were/are used with games (as in, more than just Smash).

So this is something the company is aware of on the investor level.

I'm tired of his endless apologies for everything.

So, a little off-topic... but what do the Kid Icarus cards do? To be honest, I bought the game when it came out, but I've never even opened it! If I ever do decide to play it, in what ways do the cards enhance the game?

I got those cards for free at pax years ago, all you had to do was fill a survey , play a game or just say "hey can I get one"

On a related note, midnight release for wave 4 amiibos at Nintendo world store huh

So what they are saying is Silver Mario , jigglypuff, gruninja , ness, Lucina, robin, and the rest of wave 4 + splatoon will be available to buy

I'm just in Boston , I'm so tempted to spend $30-50 for a bus or train ticket and go, midnight is better since you can line up in the morning/afternoon and get it at midnight(as sad as that sounds)

If the total number of stock is like 100+ of each amiibo I might go

Velcro Fly

lol I bought like 10 packs of the Kid Icarus cards. Max per order was 5 so I did two orders.

thirst is real since I know these were not widely available in the US at all :(

ExVicis

I don't even care about Amiibos that much anyways. I just get ones I can or whatever now. Nothing else I can do
I feel the same way. Honestly I wanna try to get Palutena, Pit and ZSS and just quit the field. I'll just sit around and hope someday I get Captain Falcon but honestly my enthusiasm and willingness to participate in this is just dwindling more and more.

LiK

Play-Asia has been putting up the reissues for preorder. i think they actually had Villager, WFT and Falcon up for preorder earlier today but is sold out now. keep an eye on them.

Decider

Yesasia fucking canceled my WFT and Villager. Fuck them. They didn't even offer me anything

They cancelled my Little Mac and just refunded me. Amusingly enough, their e-mails came at the exact time my shipping e-mails for the Little Mac restock at Nin-Nin Game arrived.

how's amazon.com ?

XomWOke.jpg

Javier

Zmart in Chile finally opened pre-orders for the upcoming lines. Secured Pac-Man and the Splatoon Trio, but ended up on waiting lists for Robin, Lucina and Ness. Hope I get lucky on the latter three, but I'm happy I managed to get the ones I wanted the most.

G0523

and they still haven't shipped any of the ones I preordered. pretty annoying.

Tell me about it. My order for my Ness amiibo that I got from them last month says that its expected ship out date is August 1. So how do they know if they're getting more?

bumpkin

Meh, not happy that they cost $7 more than MSRP (and $9 more than BBY GCU), but desperate times call for desperate measures.Just preordered a Robin and Lucina. Here's hoping they come through.

The only ones I don't have locked down are Charizard, Wario, Jigglypuff and Greninja. I suspect that Charizard will be no more or no less common than Pikachu, Wario will probably be Mairo & Luigi common, and Jigglypuff, I'm just going to have to wait outside of Target on release day and hope for the best.

But Greninja? Fuck if I know how I'm gonna get one. I did stumble upon a Lucario at least once, so hopefully lady luck will be on my side.

rjinaz

YesAsia shipped my Little Mac today! They canceled the other one I ordered though darn it. Guess I should just be happy I'm getting one judging by them canceling on others.
$16.99 can't beat that.

Tanukid

Looks like YesAsia's shipping my Villager/Murabito surprisingly! Just have to cross my fingers that it comes in one piece. Luckily I open mines anyway. Hope my Ness, Meta Knight, and Pit orders also ship and don't get canceled.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
YesAsia shipping stuff? here's hoping my order goes through

I actually ordered Villager and Mac at both PlayAsia and YesAsia not expecting YesAsia to come through. Guess I might have stuff to trade then?

Josh7289

I noticed that Yodobashi now has product pages for Jigglypuff and Greninja, but they're no longer available for pre-order. Does anyone know if I actually missed them?

MADGAME

Marth went up on amazon and I missed it? Curses.

Looks like he was up quite briefly, sold by Amazon. Dang it, there were probably only a few. If they received a re-stock, it's possible they could be sporadically available throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom