• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Sorry for the late reply.

The only thing that keeps me in it at the moment is my 5 year old daughter LOVES them. She wants all of them and gets excited whenever one arrives in the mail or she see's a new one in a Nintendo Direct, commercial or online. I'm still holding out hope that jigglypuff goes back up and I can get one.

I've already decided that after the Smash series I'm calling it quits, other than a few that I may want.
I'm just looking to finish the SSB, and maybe the Super Mario set. So close to the finish line.

What do you have?
Only have 3 duplicates. Ike, Little Mac, and Lucario.

I still see them pop up on the buy sell trade thread from time to time.

I have two I eventually plan on trading, but I am waiting to see if marth/ike get restocked with the wave 4 preorders as those are the main two I am after. (beyond that I have been waiting for the weather to get better since I would have to walk to the post office :p)

I'm not going after everything, just the FE and zelda characters. though I might add the KI characters soon with the new wave added, plus my wife likes pit.

I do wish I had someone locally (near madison wi) that collected these things
Thanks for the link. I'm waiting for my Walmart to get them in stock. They said they have 8 coming soon. So I'm calling daily, and apologizing for being so annoying. 😄

Shadoron

That will pissed of retailers

The way to do this would be to have each retailer offer a time limit pre-order window (like 1 week). Once the cutoff is hit, then they place the order with Nintendo, and then Nintendo produces and fulfills the order.

This would severely limit scalpers buying up all the stock, because people would have time to actually place the orders they want. Once the scalpers saw that the amount manufactured was based on actual demand, instead of supply constraints, there wouldn't really be any profit in buying 50 at a time.

-Horizon-

Nintendo sells their product either way. But your way involves pissing off retailers.

Scalping is something I don't think most companies actually care about that much. They'll do a few things for customers to help with PR -- like limit 1 to customer -- but ultimately, I just don't think they care. They're there to make sales and they don't care who it is who buys product or why.

Its not like retailers really care that much about nintendo in the first place this gen.

Exile20

I need that 3 pack splatoon set. I just need it.

These things are so awesome
MGOsUl6.jpg

9UwIOMO.jpg

kSZi93D.jpg

Beckx

So I'm at Gamestop, walk up to the guy working and ask him about the Ness pre orders. He tells me they're not doing them today. I tell him that's not what I heard on the internet and they'll be up at 2pm CT. He goes "Ohhh yeah I guess that's what could happen". I guess people been calling to and he's been telling them that they ain't getting them. So I guess that helps with the competition lol. But yeah just patiently waiting for 2pm.

Dude is planning for friends/family to come in and grab stock, hah.

I bet I get nothing in the US for this wave. Now very glad I nabbed an amazon.jp Splatoon pack after the direct.

Chilling right now at Gamestop. I hear the employees keep telling people asking, and told me too that it would be tomorrow.

I don't believe it. Half hour left, I'm gonna try anyways.

hawk2025

Nintendo sells their product either way. But your way involves pissing off retailers.

Scalping is something I don't think most companies actually care about that much. They'll do a few things for customers to help with PR -- like limit 1 to customer -- but ultimately, I just don't think they care. They're there to make sales and they don't care who it is who buys product or why.

Of course they care.

If prices are 3 times larger on the resale market than the one they actually profit off of, they care about readjusting the supply to increase their profits.

Then again, Nintendo.

You know if they can enforce street dates for games, perhaps they could enforce amount to sell per customer? That is the only way I can see Nintendo doing anything about the issue other than consistent supply.

dodgeme

Gonna risk it and hold out for gamestop's online sale of Ness to go live, can't afford to skip class at 3 to go but can afford to not pay attention in there. Managed to get them all so far today so gonna keep trying.

Insaniac

is there any reason why going the store would be more beneficial than ordering online? Just debating if I should bother going to the gamestop or wait

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was it already determined which will be the "rares"? Not counting Ness, I'm assuming Robin and Lucina?
Yes, plus probably Jigglypuff & Greninja because retail exclusive.

Wario will probably be the most common, Pac-Man might be common as well seeing as Sonic & Mega Man are surprising not as rare, Charizard might fall under uncommon.

My logic is that the more well-known a character is with the general public, the more likely they'll be common.

Got to my Gamestop - #12 in line for preorders. People just waiting around for 3...I guess there are worse ways to spend a lunch break.

All I want is Ness, please Nintendo lords don't forsake me.

shanafan

is there any reason why going the store would be more beneficial than ordering online? Just debating if I should bother going to the gamestop or wait

Looks like in-store is the only way to preorder at first at 2 PM CST. Online may pop up later.. well, it should pop up later, we just do not know when.

ZeroCDR

I've never done the Web-in-store thing before, I assume they accept gift cards? Want a Ness with as little hassle as possible..

tiijj

They have, even though it's the japanese site if you type splatoon inkling boy it's the second result, and they have stock available.

Sorry, I mean they haven't gone up in price yet (compared to the 3-pack).

I already had my preorder for the individual and 3-piece ones lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom