• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but for those of you ordering from Amazon Japan... I've bought from there a few times and found Big in Japan to be easier than Tenso. They don't require an ID or anything like that and their proxy fee is a flat 500 yen. So, you're paying the cost of your items (which often times includes free shipping to BiJ), their 500 yen fee, and then shipping from them to you.

Also, a tip: Amazon JP has an English option, so you can sign up and order everything through that. It doesn't translate all the pages, but it translates the stuff like when you're ordering and checking and what not. I would, however, switch it back to Japanese just to put the address in as the English version doesn't like accepting JP characters. Once you've put the address in, though, you can use it exclusively in English to make ordering a little easier.

edit- ah I see someone mentioned the English thing. Just for info sake, the option to switch is also at the top of most pages. Look above the search bar and there should be "In English." Another nice thing about the English option is if you look at a products page, under the 1 click order option, it tells you about how much it is in USD.

rjinaz

So weird if Silver Mario actually does launch on the 29th.
Has an amiibo ever had a surprise launch date before?

Well Gold Mario was officially revealed something like 3-4 weeks before it's launch wasn't it?
I think they only revealed it when they did because of the walmart poster leaks.

Looks like about 23 days: Feb 26th revealed, March 20th release.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/26/8114747/gold-mario-amiibo-walmart-release-date-price

So yeah, if they revealed it tomorrow it would be about 18 days if released on March 29th. Wonder what they are waiting for?

nubcake

Neo Member
Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but for those of you ordering from Amazon Japan... I've bought from there a few times and found Big in Japan to be easier than Tenso. They don't require an ID or anything like that and their proxy fee is a flat 500 yen. So, you're paying the cost of your items (which often times includes free shipping to BiJ), their 500 yen fee, and then shipping from them to you.

Also, a tip: Amazon JP has an English option, so you can sign up and order everything through that. It doesn't translate all the pages, but it translates the stuff like when you're ordering and checking and what not. I would, however, switch it back to Japanese just to put the address in as the English version doesn't like accepting JP characters. Once you've put the address in, though, you can use it exclusively in English to make ordering a little easier.

edit- ah I see someone mentioned the English thing. Just for info sake, the option to switch is also at the top of most pages. Look above the search bar and there should be "In English." Another nice thing about the English option is if you look at a products page, under the 1 click order option, it tells you about how much it is in USD.

What option would I choose under the "Prefecture" drop down? I was running into this while trying to figure out Tenso as well. None of the options I see seem to be included in the address that Big in Japan wants me to use.

Well Gold Mario was officially revealed something like 3-4 weeks before it's launch wasn't it?
I think they only revealed it when they did because of the walmart poster leaks.

Looks like about 23 days: Feb 26th revealed, March 20th release.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/26/8114747/gold-mario-amiibo-walmart-release-date-price

So yeah, if they revealed it tomorrow it would be about 18 days if released on March 29th. Wonder what they are waiting for?
Yeah I remember that! You'd think they will because of the name in the Fred Meyers and Target systems. Seems like it could potentially be a repeat of the Gold Mario situation.
Only time will tell

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
What option would I choose under the "Prefecture" drop down? I was running into this while trying to figure out Tenso as well. None of the options I see seem to be included in the address that Big in Japan wants me to use.

Change the language back to Japanese by clicking the Japanese text at the top where "In English" use to be, then when you input the area code, it should automatically fill that out.

Velcro Fly

Feeling like I entered a cheat code to be able to preorder a Jigglypuff like that.

Now all I need is the unicorn of all unicorns Ness from this wave.

nubcake

Neo Member
Change the language back to Japanese by clicking the Japanese text at the top where "In English" use to be, then when you input the area code, it should automatically fill that out.

Thanks. Preeeeettty sure I did it correctly and got a Greninja. I guess I'll find out for sure at the end of the month lol

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Greninja's gone from Amazon.co.jp. Jigglypuff's still available.

kierwynn

I think if you put the postal code in, it'll automatically select the prefecture for you.

RootCause

It's residual. Happens after it was in stock. On some refreshes I still get it to say "New from $12.99". It just doesn't go anywhere.
Yeah, it cleared out now. I think it will keep popping up for a couple of weeks. I lucked out by checking at the right time. Its popped around the same time for the last couple of days(12am-2am and 5pm-7pm). Also, target is supposedly putting them up online. No official date, but i think its safe to say close to May 29.

Yeah, it cleared out now. I think it will keep popping up for a couple of weeks. I lucked out by checking at the right time. Its popped around the same time for the last couple of days(12am-2am and 5pm-7pm). Also, target is supposedly putting them up online. No official date, but i think its safe to say close to May 29.

Yeah. Just got mads since this is the first time someone reported it right around a time when I was recently looking at it.

For those of you who have seen Marth at $12.99 on Amazon, were any of you on mobile? Because I've been refreshing left and right over the past couple days and never saw it at that price, much less had it sell out while trying to purchase it in time lol

When I got my US Marth 2 days ago I was using the Amazon iPhone app.

ZeroX03

Banned
NZ friend said he spotted all the FE amiibo in one local store. Apparently the Marth was EU not Japanese like the last restock. Looks like they're doing right by Code Name STEAM.

Now for a wild Lucario to appear and I'm set.

bumpkin

You gotta use a forwarding service; Tenso, for example, would help you in that regard.
That did the trick! Hopefully I filled in the address info right.

Looking at their fees listing, I'm surprised it's so cheap; like $5. How long do packages they forward typically take to arrive?

Gamestop has apparently tried to process my old order for Ike/Dedede. Don't know which one, though. Of course, I had to change my CC# due to fraud earlier in the year, so the charge didn't go through, and there is no way on the webpage to update this particular order.

I suppose if this were easy, it wouldn't be as fun. :\

Isotope

That did the trick! Hopefully I filled in the address info right.

Looking at their fees listing, I'm surprised it's so cheap; like $5. How long do packages they forward typically take to arrive?

This is actually the first time I'm using Tenso myself, so even I don't know! However, when you're looking up prices of how much it will cost to ship your product to you from Tenso, you're given an estimate on shipping times. I do know that EMS should arrive for you the quickest, with Air Registered Small Package the next quickest (I'm using AmiAmi's shipping speeds as a reference, so there's a chance it'll be different for Tenso).

ahLApsM.jpg

This is an example of how much it would cost to ship a Lugi amiibo for example. But again, I sadly do not know how long it will take for the package to arrive from Tenso.

I have a Tenso account now; how do I utilize it on Amazon JP?

Follow this guide. When adding a location to ship to, the guide above will show you what to put in, and where to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom