• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure:

Not much better than potato quality, but I think he looks good. I do have a photo of the backing as well. not sure if there is a difference there though.

Looks real good, congrats to everyone getting Marth and Ike.

Side note : Just saw this on the subreddit, dates announced for the EU launch of 5A and 5B - http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/35pg77/uk_release_dates_announced_for_wave_5a_5b/

I haven't imported any from the EU yet but from what I understand Amazon doesn't ship to NA, is that right? So is there any simple way for me to pre-order these guys from the UK or do I just need to wait for the NA Pre-orders(nevah.gif)?

Rocky

Banned
Thank God the only FE amiibo that I wanted was Lucina. And I got her already from UK so I don't have to deal with the madness on the 29th. Got a Ness, Jiggly and Greninja preordered from there as well, so I don't have to worry about those either.

All I need now is ZSS and I'm officially done with the Smash line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MAN, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU GUYS WERE SAYING MARTH WAS RARE. I ONLY PAID $8.50 FOR HIM AT GAMESTOP AFTER A $5 GIFT CARD!!

20150512_162408_Burst011_zpsu9mhn6sp.jpg

My GS only got TWO of them. When I went to pick the one I put on hold, the other was gone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That sword looks bent from that angle.
You're right, it's completely useless now. *throws in garbage* I spent $8.50 for NOTHING.

Actually, seems to be SLIGHTLY off, if you look at it from an angle. The sword itself feels rather soft, so that's probably why. I think if it was made of harder material, it would've kept straight. It doesn't feel as hard as Link's sword, but I guess Marth's is smaller/thinner as well.

For the heck of it, I took another picture out of the box and at a different angle.

I just counted & I'm at 19 amiibo now, plus I'll be getting Fox & Little Mac from some friends eventually, so that'll bump it up to 21, then I have Ness preordered, making him 22. I'll take a picture of my collection/how they're displayed once I get Fox &/or Little Mac, then maybe Ness as well.

MAN, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU GUYS WERE SAYING MARTH WAS RARE. I ONLY PAID $8.50 FOR HIM AT GAMESTOP AFTER A $5 GIFT CARD!!

My GS only got TWO of them. When I went to pick the one I put on hold, the other was gone.
WHERE!

Also, hey AmiiboGAF, been about a week or so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WHERE!

Also, hey AmiiboGAF, been about a week or so.
Central Michigan. It seems some GameStops randomly got a few Marths in their shipment. I would suggest calling, as they might be able to place a hold on it if you plan on picking it up today (that's what I did).

scoot3r

Central Michigan. It seems some GameStops randomly got a few Marths in their shipment. I would suggest calling, as they might be able to place a hold on it if you plan on picking it up today (that's what I did).
My GS said they wouldn't hold for me : /

Damn Marth hasn't gone online anywhere besides Amazon for a couple minutes at a time, has he?

Well, if anyone was lucky enough to find a reprint Marth, I should have an extra Lucina I ordered for Horizon, but he was able to get her, so if you'd like to trade, lemme know.

Wait, really? I live in Michigan! Definitely about to call some up.

VICI0US

whoa, woke up with a voicemail from gamestop.

they're finally able to fulfill the ike I pre-ordered in december.. now I'm just waiting on my dedede that was also mysteriously delayed and I'll have everything up through wave 3.

they're finally able to fulfill the ike I pre-ordered in december.. now I'm just waiting on my dedede that was also mysteriously delayed and I'll have everything up through wave 3.

Congrats, I almost had my Ike bought by another customer too, when an employee stopped them because it was reserved.

I'm in the exact same boat. Gamestop.com charged my card today. Is there hope for Dedede? I've gotten a few trade offers for the sucker, but I kinda want to know if GS is gonna finally come through...

Edit: Btw, called three local GS stores earlier. One (my closest) only had an unspecified amount for preorders due tomorrow, another had 2 and 2 of Ike and Marth supposedly coming tomorrow, and the third got the shaft entirely -- zero on both, and they blamed Nintendo.

2 per gamestop reprints are hilarious, what the fuck Nintendo
if this is how reprints are gonna be handled, welp

may 29th at nintendo world store will have every amiibo except wii fit , falcon , mac and villager, count on it

Shauni

2 per Gamestop, lol. Did any other stores get any at all? What a damn joke, man. I don't even know if I'd classify that as a reprint.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I got an email from Amazon.co.jp saying Jigglypuff's been delayed about a month. Delivery date: 2015-06-25 - 2015-06-28

Greninja also.

skaflone721

Neo Member
I have a feeling these are gonna come crashing soon simply because it's just too hard to obtain them.

It seems like so far, this Marth restock seems to equate to about 2 per store given the Target information and with GameStop today. Less than even Lucina and Robin which are already near impossible.

That's not going to help at all and when people come home empty handed besides maybe a Pacman and Wario on May 29, a lot of attitudes will change.

I mean, it was bad back during the coldest days in like a decade in the northeast. People are gonna be lined up before stores even close the night before now.

DooD1234

So Amazon been getting Marth reprints on and off (that I keep missing even with Line) and Gamestop has them at retail with only 2 copies (lol). Any other amiibo news I may have missed? Also isn't Shulk reprints coming soon as well? I had one ordered online for a while but heard nothing of it coming soon. What about Greninja and Jigglypuff news?

Also wanted to share this

MaIkceB.jpg

I would have done close up but they didn't look good on my phone camera. Hurray.

Shauni

I have feeling these are gonna come crashing soon simply because it's just too hard to obtain them.

It seems like so far, this Marth restock seems to equate to about 2 per store given the Target information and with GameStop today. Less than even Lucina and Robin which are already near impossible.

That's not going to help at all and when people come home empty handed besides maybe a Pacman and Wario on May 29, a lot of attitudes will change.

I mean, it was bad back during the coldest days in like a decade in the northeast. People are gonna be lined up before stores even close the night before now.

And Charizard.

Xamdou

I have feeling these are gonna come crashing soon simply because it's just too hard to obtain them.

Really surprised that Amazon has been releasing Marth in burst. I was able to get one early in the morning and alerted Line gaf which helped a whole lot of people. Best time to get Marth at Amazon is early in the morning, during the day it is near impossible to get.

So Amazon been getting Marth reprints on and off (that I keep missing even with Line) and Gamestop has them at retail with only 2 copies (lol). Any other amiibo news I may have missed? Also isn't Shulk reprints coming soon as well? I had one ordered online for a while but heard nothing of it coming soon. What about Greninja and Jigglypuff news?

Also wanted to share this

MaIkceB.jpg

I would have done close up but they didn't look good on my phone camera. Hurray.

Shulk was to release earlier this month but was delayed to end of the this month. I also ordered the same batch from Amazon Uk!

DooD1234

Really surprised that Amazon has been releasing Marth in burst. I was able to get one early in the morning and alerted Line gaf which helped a whole lot of people. Best time to get Marth at Amazon is early in the morning, during the day it is near impossible to get.

Shulk was to release earlier this month but was delayed to end of the this month. I also ordered the same batch from Amazon Uk!
Guess Shulk coming May 29 along with the rest of amiibo. I got your alert but I still decided to sleep through it because I'm a heavy sleeper lol. How many stocks did Americans take from Amazon UK I wonder since those 3 will be impossible to nab in US.

rjinaz

you would think a marth reprint would make marth in general cheaper, like the zelda 3ds

No because the demand keeps going up. See when Marth was around the first time and then sold out, the demand wasn't nearly as high as it is now. This little reprint isn't even going to put a dent in the current demand because there are so many people that never got a chance at him. People keep guessing that these reprints will make the prices of these things sink on the reseller market but the demand for these things, US versions specifically, are insane. This won't change. Not with Marth, Villager, or Metaknight. Not until either the demand falls or Nintendo does a complete 180 and actually starts to meet the demand where stores are getting 30 of these at minimum and the supply keeps trickling in.

Kama_1082

Banned
my favorite neighborhood gamestop called me and held Marth and Ike for me even though I had no preorder :D

Came in, shot the shit with the them and took my goods. I love going to that gamestop, they treat me good,.

Ryfferr

So Ness is back online for NZ's EB Games website in case any NZ'ers missed him.

I'm still curious as to how EB NZ and EB Aus are run. Like Nintendo AUNZ I assumed they're handled by the same people so going with that assumption, they share the same stock allocation. But Ness isn't available online in EB Aus but Meta Knight and Marth are available in EB Aus.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Reprints aren't gonna cool the market down if they don't make enough. Nintendo sucks

Bing! THIS!!

Nintendo: "We made 10 Marths........GOOD"

Us: "Are you going to make more?"

Nintendo: "Huh? We just did, didn't you get one?"

Us: "No"

Nintendo: "HA!"

Us:
pezgMh.jpg

shanafan

So honest question for you guys. Let's say you want Marth. Marth retails $13 in NA. He is impossible to find. To save your sanity, why don't you just import? I grabbed Marth for $30 from Japan on eBay. Done. No more headaches ;)

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So honest question for you guys. Let's say you want Marth. Marth retails $13 in NA. He is impossible to find. To save your sanity, why don't you just import? I grabbed Marth for $30 from Japan on eBay. Done. No more headaches ;)

because some can't rationalize spending 30 dollars on a plastic figure that costs 12 to 13 dollars.

NateDrake

I keep mine in box and want them all to have US boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom