• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to Jigglypuff and Silver Mario in a couple weeks. Might as well get Silver while I'm there. I am not looking forward to the lines :(

Anime

Neo Member
Looking forward to Jigglypuff and Silver Mario in a couple weeks. Might as well get Silver while I'm there. I am not looking forward to the lines :(

May 29th may be the worst amiibo day yet, People who didnt get wave pre orders will be hungry that day and Silver Mario is tge icing on the cake.

Its gonna take some serious patience to survive the 29th no matter how you look at it.

May 29th may be the worst amiibo day yet, People who didn't get wave pre orders will be hungry that day and Silver Mario is the icing on the cake.

Its gonna take some serious patience to survive the 29th no matter how you look at it.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to score a Splatoon 3 pack, that's all I want on the 29th as far as amiibo go...

-Horizon-

YSkNTAx.gif

YSkNTAx.gif

YSkNTAx.gif

As if just posting one gif wasn't enough lol

rjinaz

Just got Marth about 5 minutes ago. There is a trick to it.

With one click enabled, and you have the page where it is showing $12.99, use "control" while clicking to open up a new tab. Keep doing this over and over again but make sure you use control or you'll lose the $12.99 page. After about 75 tries I got one.

ExVicis

With one click enabled, and you have the page where it is showing $12.99, use "control" while clicking to open up a new tab. Keep doing this over and over again but make sure you use control or you'll lose the $12.99 page. After about 75 tries I got one.

I don't understand what you're saying here. It basically sounds like you're saying refresh but by opening a new tab instead of hitting refresh?

Also I can't catch a break, it feels every time I refresh the price goes up more and more.

ShyMel

Oh my gosh. Darn I was supposed to go to something but now I'm hesitant to leave in case Marth becomes available again.

rjinaz

I don't understand what you're saying here. It basically sounds like you're saying refresh but by opening a new tab instead of hitting refresh?

If you refresh the page, you lose the $12.99 Amazon page. If you hold down the control key and press click on the "one click" button while the $12.99 page is still up, you will open up a new tab. This allows you to keep the Amazon page where you have access to the one click button and can keep pressing it. I opened up 10 tabs, deleted them, then tried again until I got one.

Note: It can be tricky getting the $12.99 page to show up. You have to wait for Marth to start flickering in and out of stock.

75 times, shit haha
the temptation to go to nintendo world store grows
add in silver mario and marth restocks, shittttttt

the only problem is.........how do i go to the bathroom if im alone, i got a feeling i would go "hey, going to the bathroom, hold my spot please?" , then when i return, "Sorry you got out of line, back of the line"

Dragoshi1

*haha, holy shit wrong thread.

Back on topic I guess with this;

Thank you thank you THANK YOU to the person who posted about that Amiami restock of Pit, I have been looking for him since he allegedly hit the shelves, and have had no luck(winded up finding Lil Mac from that wave, though).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
May 29th may be the worst amiibo day yet, People who didnt get wave pre orders will be hungry that day and Silver Mario is tge icing on the cake.

I'd consider bringing caffine to go early, but there's nowhere for bathroom breaks (although the people in line fr Rosalina's launch were fine with people briefly leaving the line and not being jerks about it).

nubcake

Neo Member
For those of you who have seen Marth at $12.99 on Amazon, were any of you on mobile? Because I've been refreshing left and right over the past couple days and never saw it at that price, much less had it sell out while trying to purchase it in time lol

rjinaz

For those of you who have seen Marth at $12.99 on Amazon, were any of you on mobile? Because I've been refreshing left and right over the past couple days and never saw it at that price, much less had it sell out while trying to purchase it in time lol

Not mobile. I have more luck seeing that page with Chrome. One "easier" way to get to that page is if you are lucky enough where you can "save it for later". You have to be able to put it in your cart first though. Once you have some luck and get it saved, you can find it listed if you click on your cart. From there if you click on Marth you have a better chance of it taking you to the Amazon page where it is $12.99. But, only if it's flickering or was recently in stock.

Isotope

Tried to preorder 'em but it said I couldn't preorder them because they can't be shipped to the states (for whatever odd reason). :(

You gotta use a forwarding service; Tenso, for example, would help you in that regard.

If only I read Japanese...

As someone who can BARELY read anything JP, using Tenso's guide below helped me out greatly. There's also an option to display a page in English (I'm using Firefox FWIW).

cCElujF.jpg

Above the "Pre-order" option, you should see this. However, when I was buying it, I had the language in JP; I just followed Tenso's guide on how to order from amazon through their site.

How does everyone get Amiibos from Amazon Japan? Forwarding service? Tenso or what have you?

Tenso is what most people use. I personally don't import from Amazon Japan, I do my best to get them all in the states (and have been very successful outside of Greninja, which I got from Zavvi for ~$18 shipped)

Josh7289

oh, guess it doesn't work. now i don't feel so bad, haha. thanks for checking all the way.

Yeah, trying to use a different address didn't work either.

Of course, creating an entirely new customer account would work, but I'm not going to go that far, sorry.

AdanVC

You gotta use a forwarding service; Tenso, for example, would help you in that regard.

As someone who can BARELY read anything JP, using Tenso's guide below helped me out greatly. There's also an option to display a page in English (I'm using Firefox FWIW).

cCElujF.jpg

Above the "Pre-order" option, you should see this. However, when I was buying it, I had the language in JP; I just followed Tenso's guide on how to order from amazon through their site.

Thank you for this! I'm so mad with amiibo right now but this is super handy since I've wanted to buy some artbooks from Amazon jp

G0523

cCElujF.jpg

Ah, I probably should've thought of that. ^^; Thanks though. I think I'll still wait till either YesAsia or Amazon Uk has Greninja and/or Jigglypuff.

Based on that target leak u think ima head there the morning of the 29th to try and get the splatoon 3 pack and maybe a jiggly or lucina for trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom