• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoro

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid that I might have to do that. Ugh, there are 5 of them in this preorder. But it's still saving money, right?

In my case, I never even have to bring the stuff back with me for a return/rebuy. Not sure if that's because I know most people at my Best Buy on a first name basis and am Elite Plus, or if they'll do that for anyone.

fernoca

Where did ya get that Chaizard headpiece for Pikachu!?
That's the Mega Charizard Y ver. Pikachu plush, not a headpiece.
Yep. Liked the "angry look", and already have a happy (and talking) Pikachu.

What are those Pokemon figures on the right side of the amiibo? They look neat and I'd like to have them on my desk.
They look like nanoblocks to me.
Yep. Ordered the original starters, liked, so ordered the other 3. Really nice and cool to build. (Also have a Yoshi and a Mickey)

G0523

In my case, I never even have to bring the stuff back with me for a return/rebuy. Not sure if that's because I know most people at my Best Buy on a first name basis and am Elite Plus, or if they'll do that for anyone.
I guess I'll find out come May 29.

Muzy72

Banned
Fuck meeeeeeeee. I bought a GamePad extended battery and had it shipped to Tenso, but apparently they can only ship the battery through UPS which is going to cost me $100... My package also had a Lucina amiibo. Robin amiibo, Wario amiibo, and a new 3DS XL charging cradle for a total of $80-something. My only other option is to ship it to a local Japanese address, but I don't have a JP address obviously. What do I do >_<

Jergingha

Neo Member
I'm glad I got the battery when I did.

Though while on the topic, it's ridiculous that the goddamn thing hasn't become standard in all Wii U systems.

But I digress.

Wa7zdNO.gif

Our victory strut when we walk out of Target on May 29 with wave 4s.

Hedgey

Anyone here in Japan and want a free extended GamePad battery? All you have to do is ship my amiibo lol.

PMed, would be happy to help out!

In other news, Japanese shelves are getting filled with Little Mac.
https://twitter.com/Hedgeyy/status/597713619896270849

So far for this wave and restocks: Ness, Lucina and Reflet (Robin) I have only found in-store once, 5 minutes after the store opened on launch day. They had a few extra cases of Lucina and Reflet left to open (lasted another 20 minutes or so), but no more Ness.
Charizard, Pacman and Wario were on the shelves for quite a while, generally untouched. However, more recently I see Wario EVERYWHERE I go, Pacman is generally uncommon, and I actually haven't seen any Charizard, but he's sure to get a quick reprint.

Restocks: I've managed to secure 2 of each of the following in store: Little Mac, Captain Falcon and Villager. In the case of Captain Falcon and Villager, they were always the last ones on the shelf whereas I'm starting to see more and more of Little Mac.

Renewed

All those Little Macs! Can't wait to use it for all the wondering games with Little Mac amiibo support!....

At least they're appealing to those that want it.

Jawmuncher

I still in vain kind of hope they patch more amiibo support in smash. Such as being able to use them in coop modes and online with friends.

Hedgey

All those Little Macs! Can't wait to use it for all the wondering games with Little Mac amiibo support!....

Pretty sure that they just remade all of them with the same numbers, but Little Mac isn't as popular. That's what I was thinking, anyway. Captain Falcon and Villager definitely have fan-bases here in Japan, but I don't know about Little Mac.

cyba89

Soon stores will be filled with Little Macs, Villagers, Meta Knights and Shulks no one wants to buy and Mario, Bowser and Pikachu will be rare.

Hedgey

Soon stores will be filled with Little Macs, Villagers, Meta Knights and Shulks no one wants to buy and Mario, Bowser and Pikachu will be rare.

That will never happen, not while scalpers are around. They will continue to create false demand even if everything is restocked

LiK

I know they're doing reprints but when they do select figures, it ends up saturating a few of them all over again. wish they would just do all waves at a time instead of picking and choosing.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
So have Amiami and Yodobashi sold out of Greninja and Jigglypuff already? Or have they yet to open pre-orders?

AdanVC

No website on planet earth has Ness up for preorder that is not ebay??? I'm getting mad and I'm getting mad of getting mad for a plastic figure being extremely difficult to get.

Vidiot

Everyone in this thread will be number 32 in line at Target on the 29th.

I wonder how many Greninja TRU is getting. Hoping preorders are so little because they'll have a bunch for sale on launch day.

G0523

Everyone in this thread will be number 32 in line at Target on the 29th.

I wonder how many Greninja TRU is getting. Hoping preorders are so little because they'll have a bunch for sale on launch day.

Word is that TRU will only have enough Greninja amiibo for those who preordered. There is no other way to get them.

So has it been agreed that in LINE, the Wave 4 alerts will become Wave 5 and beyond as well, or is there going to be a new discussion for them? If it's the latter, I'd really like an invite ASAP if possible. Without the LINE app, I'd only have three of the eight Wave 4s. I'm really counting on it for Palutena and Dark Pit.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Word is that TRU will only have enough Greninja amiibo for those who preordered. There is no other way to get them.
Bugger all, really? I was counting on there being at least two to four so I could be there at 5 or so like a spaz with a 3ds and vita.

Shauni

So has it been agreed that in LINE, the Wave 4 alerts will become Wave 5 and beyond as well, or is there going to be a new discussion for them? If it's the latter, I'd really like an invite ASAP if possible. Without the LINE app, I'd only have three of the eight Wave 4s. I'm really counting on it for Palutena and Dark Pit.

Oh nice. I was wondering what we were going to do about that.

So my only experience with store exclusives is Ness - do we think Jiggly is gonna be a similar situation, like, in-store only? Or do I stand a chance of getting one online?

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
I was hoping to stand in line for Greninja as well but it looks like we'll all have better luck standing in line for Jigglypuff at Target.

I already have a jiggles on preorder, so I don't want to take one away from someone else just to maybe trade it. I will probably take my chances at tru regardless for a shot at robin for a friend.
Even that's boldly assuming they'll have him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom